Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How loud do you want your Kia Stinger exhaust to be?

How loud do you want your Kia Stinger exhaust to be?

• Quiet

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • OEM

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Louder Than OEM

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • Really Loud

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
The day I bought my stinger GT I drove it out of the car yard and straight to an exhaust shop after researching exhausts.

Mine sounds exactly like this believe it or not . https://www.maserati.com/maserati/au/en/models/quattroporte

Go to bottom of the webpage and you can see engine choices and select the V6 and it will play the Maserati exhaust sound . When I heard it , it blew me away as my stinger sounds exactly the same and even has the cackle down gearing using the paddles, although I think it didn't make that sound until I put the chip in it lol .

The exhaust is full stainless steel and cost 3000 AUD and is bi modal X force Varex . I looked at Jun B and Ark but in listening to stingers that had them didn't like the sound. Mind has got deeper and sharper as it wears in.

Kindly Phil

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
[MENTION=653]Marc Collins[/MENTION] I don't follow the other forum and if there's something in development from Milltek then great. But this is the email directly from Milltek. I had the Milltek system on my old S3 and really like their products.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
The day I bought my stinger GT I drove it out of the car yard and straight to an exhaust shop after researching exhausts.

Mine sounds exactly like this believe it or not . https://www.maserati.com/maserati/au/en/models/quattroporte

Go to bottom of the webpage and you can see engine choices and select the V6 and it will play the Maserati exhaust sound . When I heard it , it blew me away as my stinger sounds exactly the same and even has the cackle down gearing using the paddles, although I think it didn't make that sound until I put the chip in it lol .

The exhaust is full stainless steel and cost 3000 AUD and is bi modal X force Varex . I looked at Jun B and Ark but in listening to stingers that had them didn't like the sound. Mind has got deeper and sharper as it wears in.

Kindly Phil
You're lucky Phil, you guys get a lot of bi-modal exhaust options over there. Can you share some video on what it sounds like when you're driving it?

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
[MENTION=653]Marc Collins[/MENTION] I don't follow the other forum and if there's something in development from Milltek then great. But this is the email directly from Milltek. I had the Milltek system on my old S3 and really like their products.
Who knows? If KIA was using Milltek for their global Stinger program, it would make sense that they were not developing something "retail." On the other hand, we have no way to corroborate what is coming or not coming for these cars because KIA chooses to keep customers and potential customers in the dark.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Who knows? If KIA was using Milltek for their global Stinger program, it would make sense that they were not developing something "retail." On the other hand, we have no way to corroborate what is coming or not coming for these cars because KIA chooses to keep customers and potential customers in the dark.
True and I completely agree with you. I was more or less commenting on current consumer products.

The only thing I do find questionable is why Kia would choose Milltek of all companies to develop something for their Stinger program. It's like BMW asking Greddy to develop something for their //M program. Milltek has in the past offer very little Kia/Hyundai support, but like you said we have no way of corroborating what manufactures are doing. Maybe now that there are some former BMW and Audi executives in charge things will change.[drinking]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Hi Cajun

While I don't own any sound equipment I can tie up near the back of the car , might be able to swing hanging my mobile out the window lol.

Using X force Varex mufflers with cat deletes.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
True and I completely agree with you. I was more or less commenting on current consumer products.

The only thing I do find questionable is why Kia would choose Milltek of all companies to develop something for their Stinger program. It's like BMW asking Greddy to develop something for their //M program. Milltek has in the past offer very little Kia/Hyundai support, but like you said we have no way of corroborating what manufactures are doing. Maybe now that there are some former BMW and Audi executives in charge things will change.[drinking]
What might change things is the electronics side of the equation. If Milltek has already successfully worked with other manufacturers on the integration of the physical exhaust and valves with drive modes, rpm signals, etc., suddenly a less favoured supplier becomes favoured. I have no idea if all the companies have capabilities in this area, but the original post alluded to Alfa Romeo already using Milltek for the identical system that we need on the Stinger.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
stinger sound with bi model exhaust

Not sure who asked for some video of my Stinger GT exhaust sounds but here it is.

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_094619[/video]

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_085553_001[/video]

Also some pics of the aftermarket rear window light all wired up and how.

Right first things first. clean your window and connect the LED rear window light
Step 2 -- pull the trim away from the original interior stinger light
Step 3 ease the rubber away from under the rear window hatch drain and run the wires up and under, obviously putting the rubber back in.
Step 4 -- feed the wires down inside the rear window demister as shown in attached then run it along near the interior rear window light.
Step 5 -- undo the 2 bolts leaving the middle one in place on interior rear window light and gently pull it away then run the exterior aftermarket light wires in and behind it until it shows up on the other side ie left hand side of car so drivers if US or passengers if Australia. You will see the wiring loom I have zoomed in on so disconnect then gently cut the wires and solder positive to positive and negative to negative.
Once soldered wrap in electrical tape but ensure the light works before soldering it lol

Hope that explains for anyone wanting to add this LED light. Next week adding the aftermarket KN filter as have already done the uncle chip and plugs along with all car badges.

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_094642[/IMG]

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_094619

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_101005

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_102818[/IMG]

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_094626[/IMG]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Not sure who asked for some video of my Stinger GT exhaust sounds but here it is.

Tried to upload video but says invalid error as its MP4?????

Also some pics of the aftermarket rear window light all wired up and how.

Right first things first. clean your window and connect the LED rear window light
Step 2 -- pull the trim away from the original interior stinger light
Step 3 ease the rubber away from under the rear window hatch drain and run the wires up and under, obviously putting the rubber back in.
Step 4 -- feed the wires down inside the rear window demister as shown in attached then run it along near the interior rear window light.
Step 5 -- undo the 2 bolts leaving the middle one in place on interior rear window light and gently pull it away then run the exterior aftermarket light wires in and behind it until it shows up on the other side ie left hand side of car so drivers if US or passengers if Australia. You will see the wiring loom I have zoomed in on so disconnect then gently cut the wires and solder positive to positive and negative to negative.
Once soldered wrap in electrical tape but ensure the light works before soldering it lol

Hope that explains for anyone wanting to add this LED light. Next week adding the aftermarket KN filter as have already done the uncle chip and plugs along with all car badges.

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_094642

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_094619

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_101005

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_102818

C:\Users\pom\Desktop\stinger\20180310_094626

Attachments

Last edited:

67GP

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
My wife's Pearl White Stinger GT
My opinion only... why make one of the Best Sleepers out there to Loud, Don't get me wrong I "Love" the noise, ( We have an Indian Scout & a KTM 1290 Super Duke R that make some noise with Full systems), I would rather the quietest performance exhaust possible. Just sneak up on them & give them them Royal wave as you disappear off into the distance[wave]

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
My opinion only... why make one of the Best Sleepers out there to Loud, Don't get me wrong I "Love" the noise, ( We have an Indian Scout & a KTM 1290 Super Duke R that make some noise with Full systems), I would rather the quietest performance exhaust possible. Just sneak up on them & give them them Royal wave as you disappear off into the distance[wave]
That's what electric cut-outs are for! Let them think you're not all that much then open 'em up and let 'er rip!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Stinger gt
Hi there Paul from Melb here have you got your exhaust yet and if so are you happy with the sound my dealer hasn't got any cars with it to hear Thanks

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Stinger gt
Hi did you look at the Kia installed bi modal exhaust and if so why did you go for xforce better sound or cheaper ? Thanks Paul

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Hi did you look at the Kia installed bi modal exhaust and if so why did you go for xforce better sound or cheaper ? Thanks Paul
Hi Paul. Kia exhaust wasnt available or approved in Australia when i bought my car as asked. The exhaust system is full stainless and cost 3000 so certainly didnt select based on cost. Drove in and changed the exhaust the same day i purchased the car. Cheers phil

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Stinger gt
Thanks for the info definitely needs an exhaust

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Is there an upgraded exhaust now available from Kia?