Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Purchase/Lease Cheat Sheet - MFs & APRs

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Hi,

I am trying to work out a lease with a guy in New York. GT / AWD / Drive Wise
He is only showing $5500 in rebates.
When I go on Kia's website there are $6800 in rebates
$5800 Lease Cash $1000 AWD
He tells me he is using the KIA matrix and that is what everyone goes by?
LD Quote.JPG

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
BTW- The "Other" fees are DMV and Damage Waiver

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Hi,

I am trying to work out a lease with a guy in New York. GT / AWD / Drive Wise
He is only showing $5500 in rebates.
When I go on Kia's website there are $6800 in rebates
$5800 Lease Cash $1000 AWD
He tells me he is using the KIA matrix and that is what everyone goes by?
View attachment 1174
Hello Mike - I'm sure you've figured this out already, but the $6,800 is for a GT2 I believe?... $5,500 off is for the Stinger GT, and this is an AWD version, so it should actually be $5,800.

Also, you are doing your least at MSRP? Were is the adjusted capital cost? Did you not negotiate down the retail price by $3k or so, and start there with the $5,800 Lease Cash from that?

Hopefully you worked it all out, but it is now August and I am searching for the new Lease Cash and finance rates and rebates. No one seems to have posted yet. Interesting..

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Anyone have the August KML Lease and Purchasing Sheets available to post? Thanks!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
No change. July carried over for August.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
No change. July carried over for August.
Thanks MurlinatoR. Important data for those looking to purchase/lease, etc...

Would love to see the sheet posted so my local dealers can't shift me around "Oh, that's not August's numbers...."

I'll throw this out to you and others: Are Stinger sales slow?
I have ask, because I have been looking at inventory levels via Kia.com for about a month now in the 100mile+ radius around LA. Inventories are nearly flat, and in some cases, inventory is increasing...

Now, maybe their is some sell-through, I get that, but whether I look at KIA.com or "Kia of ? Insert Fun LA Dealer Name Here" it's all the same inventory ? not ? m o v i n g...

I'm focused on the GT and I'll try not to be hyperbolic about this, but of RWD GT's, it appears none of this specific model has sold. Inventory has been stuck at 33 models for the RWD GT's for 3 straight weeks. Today? 35! More arrived, none sold.

Again, "some" could be selling through, being replaced with like configurations, thus it appears no GT's are moving. But again, I can go from Kia.com, to "Kia Of xxxx" and presto, they match and the inventory isn't changing on either site.

Is this way, way, way, off, or since Kia's major push with the NBA, have sales also dropped off, maybe even dramatically so?... Hmmm...

I know this is NOT what dealers, NOR owners, NOR potential buyers want to see take place. Great car. Up and coming car brand. Up and coming dealers. But stalling sales of a flagship vehicle can kill it's momentum. It becomes a catch 22 issue, and the last thing Kia wants to do is K9 the heck out of pricing to just get them moving again, tarnishing the car and hurting their brand, which is what the Stinger is ALL ABOUT.

Thoughts?

I've noticed the 2019 Stingers seem spec'd to push GT wanna-be buyers into GT1's or 2.0L Premiums with the way they are all configured. Not unthinkable, since the GT and 2.0L are the least margin vehicles in the fleet. So feature incentivize buyers to moving into more feature rich, margin rich vehicles. Thus, looks like I'll be going with a 2018 GT late this month or early next.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thanks MurlinatoR. Important data for those looking to purchase/lease, etc...

Would love to see the sheet posted so my local dealers can't shift me around "Oh, that's not August's numbers...."

I'll throw this out to you and others: Are Stinger sales slow?
I have ask, because I have been looking at inventory levels via Kia.com for about a month now in the 100mile+ radius around LA. Inventories are nearly flat, and in some cases, inventory is increasing...

Now, maybe their is some sell-through, I get that, but whether I look at KIA.com or "Kia of ? Insert Fun LA Dealer Name Here" it's all the same inventory ? not ? m o v i n g...

I'm focused on the GT and I'll try not to be hyperbolic about this, but of RWD GT's, it appears none of this specific model has sold. Inventory has been stuck at 33 models for the RWD GT's for 3 straight weeks. Today? 35! More arrived, none sold.

Again, "some" could be selling through, being replaced with like configurations, thus it appears no GT's are moving. But again, I can go from Kia.com, to "Kia Of xxxx" and presto, they match and the inventory isn't changing on either site.

Is this way, way, way, off, or since Kia's major push with the NBA, have sales also dropped off, maybe even dramatically so?... Hmmm...

I know this is NOT what dealers, NOR owners, NOR potential buyers want to see take place. Great car. Up and coming car brand. Up and coming dealers. But stalling sales of a flagship vehicle can kill it's momentum. It becomes a catch 22 issue, and the last thing Kia wants to do is K9 the heck out of pricing to just get them moving again, tarnishing the car and hurting their brand, which is what the Stinger is ALL ABOUT.

Thoughts?

I've noticed the 2019 Stingers seem spec'd to push GT wanna-be buyers into GT1's or 2.0L Premiums with the way they are all configured. Not unthinkable, since the GT and 2.0L are the least margin vehicles in the fleet. So feature incentivize buyers to moving into more feature rich, margin rich vehicles. Thus, looks like I'll be going with a 2018 GT late this month or early next.
We sold more than 1,500 Stingers last month so no, sales haven't slowed down. We've sold just under 11,000 Stingers in the US alone in 8 months and 4 of those we had the stop sale on the Sunset Yellow cars that held us back.

As for 2019's, nothing has been released at all about the build of these cars in the US. I just ordered more 2018's for inventory. Again, I'm guessing that we won't see the 2019 Stinger until October probably.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
That is an INSANE amount of Stingers for ONE dealership!? Or perhaps a chain of dealerships? I mean, KIA is moving, what 2000 or so Stingers in the US per month, so your dealership is 75% of all sales? Can this be right? Wow...

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
That is an INSANE amount of Stingers for ONE dealership!? Or perhaps a chain of dealerships? I mean, KIA is moving, what 2000 or so Stingers in the US per month, so your dealership is 75% of all sales? Can this be right? Wow...
When I said "we", I meant Kia collectively. LOL

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
When I said "we", I meant Kia collectively. LOL
On vacation last week, thus the delayed response. And yes, okay, makes complete sense! I was thinking "What!? That's gotta be virtually impossible..."