Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Purchase/Lease Cheat Sheet - MFs & APRs

bjmcquary

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
Anyone know what the current lease numbers are for March?

OP
ghedoicy

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Thread Starter #62
Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
You mean April?

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I would certainly hope so! [:)] That said, for anyone, Jan/Feb were the same numbers (Kia made Jan/Feb as one sheet). They also did so for March/April, so the same lease and cash deals apply.

According to some people, don't expect huge changes, just some minor tweaks to loan % rates, or Lease Cash (lease) until the fall range.

Looking ahead, May/June would logically be lumped together as one time period for the incentives sheet, along with July/August. Sept/October may be separated out by individual month if Kia feels the need to tightly tune channel inventory while 2019's make their way to the dealers...

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
April programs did not change for the Stinger in the US.

SabzGT

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
Anyone lease a stinger this month and could give me their MF? I am currently in the process and might have to negotiate lower MF

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Anyone lease a stinger this month and could give me their MF? I am currently in the process and might have to negotiate lower MF
Not sure if you can negotiate lower MF and retain the lease incentives? The lease cash chart had the lease cash set at specific money factors. For example, I got 4k with a money factor of .0022. not great, but not the worst I've seen, either (Audi leases their S5s a MF of .0029 or higher).

Maybe murlinator can speak better to what is likely to happen? I am by no means a Kia lease guru, haha.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yamnave

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Just test drove and talked to a sales rep at a local kia dealer about the stinger GT. For no additional items, I was offered a 36 month lease with 0.00248 money factor 7k less than msrp. I was told this was their best offer for leasee's with the best possible credit score (720+). However, that chart at the beginning of the thread begs to differ and that I should be getting a money factor closer to the 0.00200. Is this the dealer not telling me my best rate?

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Just test drove and talked to a sales rep at a local kia dealer about the stinger GT. For no additional items, I was offered a 36 month lease with 0.00248 money factor 7k less than msrp. I was told this was their best offer for leasee's with the best possible credit score (720+). However, that chart at the beginning of the thread begs to differ and that I should be getting a money factor closer to the 0.00200. Is this the dealer not telling me my best rate?
Doesn't sound right. I got 4k lease cash on a base GT with a money factor of .0022 on my lease. Is it a GT2? Sounds like the lease offer was for a GT2. .00248 is definitely high.

I'd go look for a competing quote just to compare. Always shop around.

Yamnave

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
For 2k down, my payments were somewhere in the 520/month range. This seemed super high which is why I asked what credit score these numbers were based off of and the sales manager assured me they were for 720+ credit scores.

I'm going to talk to another dealer next weekend and hopefully get a better quote. Only downside is that according to the dealers online inventory they do not have a GT on the lot.

How do you go about making sure I'm getting the best possible money factor? Do I bring in the printed chart on the first post of this thread?

OP
ghedoicy

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Thread Starter #70
For 2k down, my payments were somewhere in the 520/month range. This seemed super high which is why I asked what credit score these numbers were based off of and the sales manager assured me they were for 720+ credit scores.

I'm going to talk to another dealer next weekend and hopefully get a better quote. Only downside is that according to the dealers online inventory they do not have a GT on the lot.

How do you go about making sure I'm getting the best possible money factor? Do I bring in the printed chart on the first post of this thread?
Yes.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yamnave

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Doesn't sound right. I got 4k lease cash on a base GT with a money factor of .0022 on my lease. Is it a GT2? Sounds like the lease offer was for a GT2. .00248 is definitely high.

I test drove and am interested in only the GT. Did they give me the money factor for the GT2, who knows.

Yamnave

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Is it possible to get a money factor chart for the mid-atlantic region (virginia/maryland/pennsylvania). I think it was mentioned that the rates change by region. It would be great if I could be armed with the information from my specific region when I get another quote.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive

Look at the Lease Sheet. Notice the Reserve? The dealer can tack on .00040 to the Money Factor rate. .00208 is the current MF for a base GT RWD US Stinger. Throw in .00040 to that, and it's .00248.

That is EXACTLY what they are offering you with the .00248. Now, they either get this money, or they give you .00208 and get $150 instead. Their choice, but this is the one little area of flexibility the dealer gets from KMF.

So if they don't want to provide the .00208, they do not need to do so. That's up to your negotiation with them.

Now, this is all kinda moot, considering tomorrow is the 1st of May, and all-new Incentive Lease sheet will be released (for likely the months of May and June)...

Hope that helps.

Yamnave

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
That is EXACTLY what they are offering you with the .00248. Now, they either get this money, or they give you .00208 and get $150 instead. Their choice, but this is the one little area of flexibility the dealer gets from KMF.

So if they don't want to provide the .00208, they do not need to do so. That's up to your negotiation with them.
Hopefully I'm understanding this correctly (first time buyer/leaser woahs!). The dealer can either add .0004 MF or charge me an extra 150$/month? That's how they make their money off the lease, correct? So when I sit down to negotiate the final terms, this 0.0004/150 per month is the dealers wiggle room?

2nd question, do these lease incentives "get better" the closer to the end of the 2month window?

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Hopefully I'm understanding this correctly (first time buyer/leaser woahs!). The dealer can either add .0004 MF or charge me an extra 150$/month? That's how they make their money off the lease, correct? So when I sit down to negotiate the final terms, this 0.0004/150 per month is the dealers wiggle room?

2nd question, do these lease incentives "get better" the closer to the end of the 2month window?
No... Sorry to make it confusing. The dealer either gets a one-time $150 in cash from KMF by using the lower Money Factor, or they make about $250- $300 by using the higher Money Factor via the deal (and not getting $150 from KMF).

Hope that helps. In other words, the .0004 is only going to add a few hundred to your 36 months overall.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
No... Sorry to make it confusing. The dealer either gets a one-time $150 in cash from KMF by using the lower Money Factor, or they make about $250- $300 by using the higher Money Factor via the deal (and not getting $150 from KMF).

Hope that helps. In other words, the .0004 is only going to add a few hundred to your 36 months overall.

Oh, and as for your second question: 2nd question, do these lease incentives "get better" the closer to the end of the 2month window?

No. At least not so far. For the Stinger, KMF has provided a static two-month Leash and Cash + Finance incentive sheet. It doesn't change at all for two months straight. KMF could change things whenever they want I'm sure, but so far it's been very stable.

NOTE: Today I saw an article headline (but the link wasn't working...) regarding Stinger sales slowing... If that has ANY validity to it, then I would expect May and June's new rates and offers to be slightly more aggressive. If not, they'll stay nearly static with only slight changes... After all, we are heading into summer now, when car sales should pick up and so should Stinger sales.

I suspect the best deals we are going to see for the 2018 Stinger's will arrive for the September-October months, when the 2019's will be about to roll in and factories need to keep moving along and producing.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Cayman S
Does someone know if all these matters if I'm just going to pay off the car literally on 2 -3 checks to get off the loan? I got the cash but told not to pay cash.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Does someone know if all these matters if I'm just going to pay off the car literally on 2 -3 checks to get off the loan? I got the cash but told not to pay cash.
Correct. Lease it. Then pay the lease off with Kia.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
If you do a lease buyout immediately, then just about the only number that matters is how much you negotiate off the sticker price, and their Doc fees, etc...

If you purchase with a loan, then it isn't going to matter what that interest rate is so much either.

Basically, if you buy out a Lease or purchase, either way, the rates aren't going to do "jack squat" to ya. Good luck!

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Cayman S
thank you guys