Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Purchase/Lease Cheat Sheet - MFs & APRs

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Okay, so after looking through every vehicle in the US, that vehicle HAS to be in the water still on its way from Korea which means that it's still a good 3-5 weeks away from dealer arrival.

It is not in the dealer allocation system at all. When that's the case, it means one of three things: 1) vehicle has not been assigned to a dealer yet, vehicle is already reported as sold, or the vehicle does not exist.

If you PM me with the full VIN I can try to dig further, but I'm guessing that you might not have it until at least April.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Just as an example, a Stinger that was allocated to me in the system yesterday afternoon is scheduled to arrive around the 28th of March. If it's not in the system yet as assigned, it's going to be a while before arrival.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Probably not worth the effort. It is a sold vehicle. I'll see if I can PM you, but don't go to any trouble. Kia rep said early March, but you know how that goes.... Thanks.

I don't even want to THINK about April. [?|]

Last edited:

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Probably not worth the effort. It is a sold vehicle. I'll see if I can PM you, but don't go to any trouble. Kia rep said early March, but you know how that goes.... Thanks.

I don't even want to THINK about April. [?|]
Sent you a PM bud.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Question (Likely for [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]):

On a lease, as in a purchase, there is the sticker listed "Destination Fee." However, does a lease also carry with it an "Acquisition Fee" or is that a dealer added cost, NOT from KMF, and thus negotiable, thus just another created markup?... I'm hearing the acquisition fee is $650?

If buying out the lease, I also need to pay the $300 buyout fee. Thus, if the acquisition fee IS mandatory and NOT negotiable, is it paid/built into, the lease at the beginning, or paid at the end of the lease? Is it then part of the total adjusted capital cost?

If mandatory, it's more money to go against the Lease Cash right off the bat, while continuing to help Kia cover the Residual risk. The old, cover our risk with your wallet approach...

Funny. "$7000 Lease Cash!" Which is effectively - $650 right off the bat, and at the end of the day $300 (if purchasing) or $400 if turning back in the car. It's more like $6000 or so Lease Cash, not $7000... Still a nice chunk of change but still...

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Correct me if I'm wrong, but an "acquisition fee" is a fee charged by the leasing company for doing the paperwork of setting up the lease, checking credit, etc. Be very careful because dishonest dealers will increase the actual fee of a couple hundred dollars in order to hide additional profits. All fees are negotiable despite what the dealer tells you. Ask in advance what fees are going to be added to your deal when you think you have a bottom line and then find out you've been hosed while standing there with the keys in your hand.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
how do you find out the correct number, I was charged 600.00

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Correct me if I'm wrong, but an "acquisition fee" is a fee charged by the leasing company for doing the paperwork of setting up the lease, checking credit, etc. Be very careful because dishonest dealers will increase the actual fee of a couple hundred dollars in order to hide additional profits. All fees are negotiable despite what the dealer tells you. Ask in advance what fees are going to be added to your deal when you think you have a bottom line and then find out you've been hosed while standing there with the keys in your hand.
Hahahahaha....

So, first, the acquisition fee is added by KMF. Call it whatever you'd like; fees are added to return profit.

Second, it's important to understand what it means when it's mentioned that fees are negotiable. You can ask a dealer to drop the price to cover a particular fee, but most of those fees ARE required and will be included in the purchase/lease.

Nowhere in the world can you purchase something without paying some sort of fee. The government will always make sure of that. LOL

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
So why don't they waive the fee (which doesn't cost them anything CLOSE to $600 to check credit) and lower the lease cash amount so buyers don't get upset when those fees are stuck on the end of the deal after you think you have the bottom line? That's why I pay cash for my cars -- get the total in writing and write a check for the total. Get your money from somewhere else.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
This is why I initially meet, but then switch to emailing my contact and when they call - 100% predictable, I'll talk to them, but then go back to email. When they call - again. In that conversation I'll move back to email. If they don't want to sell a car that way I move on. Last time it was great. Gal worked with me on email the entire time and walked in - no surprise fees, NOTHING. Exactly to the penny what we worked out, all documented via our email.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
This is why I initially meet, but then switch to emailing my contact and when they call - 100% predictable, I'll talk to them, but then go back to email. When they call - again. In that conversation I'll move back to email. If they don't want to sell a car that way I move on. Last time it was great. Gal worked with me on email the entire time and walked in - no surprise fees, NOTHING. Exactly to the penny what we worked out, all documented via our email.
My salesman had no issues doing 90% of my purchase via email and all I did was go into the dealer to sign the finance paper work, this way there's always a paper trail.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I'm glad this is working for some of you. In my experience, sending an e-mail asking for a bid price on a car usually results in no answer, or some useless reply asking me to come into the dragon's lair to negotiate.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Evidently I do not - yet - have permission to create a post/article, so I will just share what I would like to have done:

Title: Elusive GT's Found!

Basically, today I discovered TWO GT's in the Pacific NW w/AWD AND, AND, the Drive Wise Package. There we go! Panthera Metal and Micro Blue. Finding a Stinger with this configuration, and in Panthera Metal? The moon IS made out of cheese - sheesh, thus far very rare. Hopefully GT's with the Drive Wise package continue to filter in.

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 10.46.51 AM.jpg

Now, which color? Gray would be an easier resell, and who knows how blue will sell in 5 years... Hmmm... Blue is also a difficult color to keep from oxidizing, flaking, etc... hmmm...

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Good find, [MENTION=477]MarkyMark[/MENTION]. I tried to find a GT1 AWD DriveWise and there were none available. I placed an order and the entire order just -- disappeared. [dunno]

What I think Kia is doing is saturating the market with the GT2 top level trim cars to skim the cream off the top, then they will begin making the lower trim levels to fill in the cracks once the car is accepted by the enthusiast community.

As far as bright blue metallic, no worries. My '05 GTO is that color and looks better today than it did the day I drove it off the transport, and it sat outdoors 8 hours a day, five days a week for 8 years while I was at work. Just keep it clean and waxed. Mine has never even had or needed a clay bar treatment. Just keep it clean and waxed, but then you'd do that to any color anyway.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Evidently I do not - yet - have permission to create a post/article, so I will just share what I would like to have done:

Title: Elusive GT's Found!

Basically, today I discovered TWO GT's in the Pacific NW w/AWD AND, AND, the Drive Wise Package. There we go! Panthera Metal and Micro Blue. Finding a Stinger with this configuration, and in Panthera Metal? The moon IS made out of cheese - sheesh, thus far very rare. Hopefully GT's with the Drive Wise package continue to filter in.

View attachment 589

Now, which color? Gray would be an easier resell, and who knows how blue will sell in 5 years... Hmmm... Blue is also a difficult color to keep from oxidizing, flaking, etc... hmmm...
Nice find, other than the yellow color, I would say gray comes in second for rareness.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Good find, [MENTION=477]MarkyMark[/MENTION]. I tried to find a GT1 AWD DriveWise and there were none available. I placed an order and the entire order just -- disappeared. [dunno]

What I think Kia is doing is saturating the market with the GT2 top level trim cars to skim the cream off the top, then they will begin making the lower trim levels to fill in the cracks once the car is accepted by the enthusiast community.

As far as bright blue metallic, no worries. My '05 GTO is that color and looks better today than it did the day I drove it off the transport, and it sat outdoors 8 hours a day, five days a week for 8 years while I was at work. Just keep it clean and waxed. Mine has never even had or needed a clay bar treatment. Just keep it clean and waxed, but then you'd do that to any color anyway.
[MENTION=456]mldavis2[/MENTION], Thanks for the vote of confidence in blue paint! Good to know. Mine will also be kept outside, with lots of rain and such in the Pacific NW, so sun isn't the only monster on my car's paint.

And yes, recoup tooling, line and development costs ASAP. Kia is doing what most companies do, in putting out highest-end trims that first year of production. I agree we should see more of a mix arriving off boat by summer.

Hammer

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX
I just picked up my Stinger yesterday. GT1 in White with AWD and the All Season tires and Drive Wise package. Total was $48,350 and I leased it for 3 years with 12K miles per year. Put $2,000 down which includes first monthly payment, taxes, destination, documentation fees...everything included and payment is $565.00 per month for 35 months.

After 100 miles.......its awesome!

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I just picked up my Stinger yesterday. GT1 in White with AWD and the All Season tires and Drive Wise package. Total was $48,350 and I leased it for 3 years with 12K miles per year. Put $2,000 down which includes first monthly payment, taxes, destination, documentation fees...everything included and payment is $565.00 per month for 35 months.

Congrats

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive

Congrats!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4

Enjoy!