Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Oil Thread

Drew K

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT LTD
Hmm, interesting, just had my first oil change, at 300 kms.
The Kia dealer used Castrol GTX 5w-20 oil....

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hmm, interesting, just had my first oil change, at 300 kms.
The Kia dealer used Castrol GTX 5w-20 oil....
Why so low?

Drew K

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT LTD
Wish I knew, all they asked me was why did I want to change the oil so soon, and should they use synthetic or did I have a specific oil I wanted used. I told them it's a break-in oil change, and to use their usual oil.

Maybe they used a lighter weight oil because it's a break-in oil change?
Can anyone enlighten us?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Does any have any information on aftermarket oil filters for the 3.3TT? All I seem to find are for the 2.0T.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Wish I knew, all they asked me was why did I want to change the oil so soon, and should they use synthetic or did I have a specific oil I wanted used. I told them it's a break-in oil change, and to use their usual oil.

Maybe they used a lighter weight oil because it's a break-in oil change?
Can anyone enlighten us?
Maybe plus you live in colder temperatures. I would have gone with 5W30 since it's going to be slightly thicker and offer better lubrication when the oil gets hot.

Drew K

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT LTD
Yep, I will have to specify the weight at the next oil change.

Other than this little hiccup, I have been loving my new Stinger! [driving][biggrin]

JJay03

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
The 3.3 or 2.0 does not even call for 5w20. Ide want that drained out asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew K

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT LTD
I followed up with the dealership, they said it's just a typo on the bill, they use 5w30 as the standard oil. [thumb]

Reactions
State
WV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Hello all. Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a question and cant find the answer on search.

I am due for my first oil change and I have some Mobil 1 5w-30 high mileage left over. Ok to use? I'm seeing it just has more additives for higher mileage engines. Thank you for any advise!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
As long as its GF-5 grade and ACEA A5 or above you will be fine.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Hello all. Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a question and cant find the answer on search.

I am due for my first oil change and I have some Mobil 1 5w-30 high mileage left over. Ok to use? I'm seeing it just has more additives for higher mileage engines. Thank you for any advise!
I agree with [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION]. Some of the extended blends may not show GF-4 or GF-5 ratings. If they don't say so on the container, only use those that make at least GF-4 and preferable GF-5. Only those oils can stand up under the tremendous heat the turbocharger bearings must function in. I personally do not like to change weights or brands.

Reactions
State
WV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Great ,thank you guys for the info

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I got this off another thread, this poor guy took his car in to have the oil changed and the dealer charged him 17.78 a quart. I'm sorry but no oil from the dealer is worth that much, even if it is full synthetic oil. For the amount they charged him for that oil, why don't you just buy some Royal Purple full Synthetic oil from Amazon. You can buy a six pack of one quart bottles for $56.85 then just buy one more quart and have your oil changed. Royal purple is the best or one of the best oils on the market, I've used it for years.

View attachment 2065

Reactions
City
Silver Spring
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
'18 Audi A4
I'm guesing most people use Mobil one for the 3.3 engine?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
so more oil change blues..

I'm due again, some may remember that my dealer charged me $125 for my first full synthetic oil change. Well, even the Valvoline quick lube wants $110 for full synthetic for 7.3 quarts, a little less for synthetic blend at $81. I cant change it myself so that is not an option. Any opinions on synthetic blend vs, full synthetic in the 3.3 ?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
so more oil change blues..

I'm due again, some may remember that my dealer charged me $125 for my first full synthetic oil change. Well, even the Valvoline quick lube wants $110 for full synthetic for 7.3 quarts, a little less for synthetic blend at $81. I cant change it myself so that is not an option. Any opinions on synthetic blend vs, full synthetic in the 3.3 ?
Go to Walmart and pick up 5 quart jugs of Valvoline synpower. There just about $25/ea and the filters are $11 at local parts stores

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
so I ended up going to stealer for oil change. got the synthetic blend, iclas-4, 5w-30 for $48. much better than the $125 the first time

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2