Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger arrives in Australia third quarter, 3.3TT V6 & 2.0T confirmed

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
Kia Australia has confirmed the new Stinger rear-wheel drive sports sedan will arrive locally during the third quarter of this year.

"The new Kia Stinger has been developed on the legendary Nurburgring circuit and will be further refined by Kia Australia to ensure the best ride, handling and stability package for our diverse roads and driving styles."

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Sweet! I'm sure [MENTION=21]Marco-Oz[/MENTION] will appreciate the confirmation from Kia.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Kia Oz have been lucky to have recent suspension & steering tunes done by a guy called Graeme Gambold (ex Toyota factory rally engineer). Does great work w/ really compliant but sporty handling. my proceed gt feels nicer than the equivalent year model in the UK that i testdrove and everything is the same except for his input. Can't wait for him to toughen up the hardware for the Stinger when it comes here, while hopefully adding his magic to getting improved cornering traction AND a compliant ride!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Is diesel popular down in Australia? I'm surprise Kia doesn't offer that engine choice down there as well.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Diesel not so much in a performance-oriented sedan ... VW/Skoda/Audi, BMW & Merc definitely offer diesel versions of their mid size offerings (eg A4, A5, 3 & 4 series, C class) but are usually marketed as the 'intelligent' choice. There are definitely 'sporty' diesel variants but never as the performance leader. Of course, 4WDs & utes (trucks) are another matter where diesel is king.

All the Stinger hype from our auto journos is how the GT will be the RWD alternative to the V8 powered Ford Falcon & Holden (GM) Commodore. Both these auto giants are about to cease local manufacturing so Kia's timing for launching a fast RWD car here is interesting. Will be very interesting to see public reaction as your (i'm being a bit harsh) stereotypical V8 Falcon or Commodore buyer here would normally dismiss a Kia as "asian crap"

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Sorry, forgot to state my point! At this stage, the Stinger publicity is all about its performance credentials in the GT variant

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
The diesel is actually pretty quick, 197 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque. I guess since if they are aiming towards performance then it make sense to release only the gas motors.