Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger GT AWD on GRB Coilovers

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
GRBS UPDATE 3 (WITH PRICE)

Dear Mr. Ostrowski.

Thanks for your kind inquiry.

This is Kim from Typefour Co.,Ltd South Korea the maker of GRBs brand. Our products Red type can use on a stinger 3.3 GT AWD. I would like to introduce our red type products simply.

Features of red type

- Aluminium body

- 16 ways of damping force adjustable

- Adjustable ride height

- Mono-tube type

More detailed information,

Please kindly refer to our homepage as below

http://www.grbs.co.kr/en/

The price of red type is USD 1655. The transportation fee would be take USD 270. The price will change according to the quantity.Please kindly refer to.

If your interested, please let me know.

Thanks so much

Best regards.

Kim

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
GRBS Clicker Adjustments

Attachments

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I took my car to the dealer on Saturday and, although they say they did nothing, my car went up the hoist and down and now it's fixed. Either I'm crazy, or some wiring harness got stretched I don't know. But the skipping out is gone. The rear and the front are in sync now, and no more corkscrewing. So I'm happy with the suspension now. Although it is still not as firm as I would like it. Apparently the Type-4 springs are stiffer than stock and I'm not a fan of stiff springs. Just stiff shocks. I'm waiting on more info from Type-4 and then I'll submit a full 'report' for the forum. At this point I could go with Eibachs only, or Type-4 Coil overs, or Type-4 shocks only (waiting on that request from them). I'm not going to do anything just yet. I'm in the collecting information mode. Stand by...
haha that's so odd.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
GRBS FINAL UPDATE CONTACT INFO AND MORE

Kim
IP-Phone: 070-7717-5830
Smart-Phone : +82-10-8387-6227
CEO : Lim Bin
Office : +82-31-686-5832
Fax : +82-31-686-5834
Web : www.typefour.co.kr
Web : www.grbs.co.kr/en
Address : 1904-38, Seohae-ro, Cheongbuk-myeon, Pyeongtaek-si, Gyeonggi-do, 17794, Korea
Type Four Co.,Ltd

Dear Mr. Ostrowski,

I totally understand your concern. I confirmed to our development part about the spring rate. they told me they can make the spring rate same as stock,but not compeletly same.

And also I want to tell you why we want to supply shock with coil spring. the reason is the spring seat. We can not supply the spring seat same as stock. We will try our best to make spring rate same as stock.

And other question, are you a personal clients? or do you have a shop? Except red type, we also have gold, blue and silver type productions for many car model. I hope you can be our first canadian client in North america.

thanks.
Best regards.
Kim

Thank you for your clear answers Mr. Kim.

My question for shocks without springs is not to save money on price. It is to get shocks only as the stock springs are okay. I just need firmer damping.

If I cannot use just shock, then can the springs be made to same as stock spring rate? I like the idea of coil over to set lower ride height, but I don't want stiffer springs. Just stiffer shocks.

My car will need the canceller.

Can you provide shocks with coil over springs that have same spring rate as stock?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Steve O.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
[MENTION=148]Steve O[/MENTION] if you are able to get the shocks without the springs, are you planning to use the stock springs or have something else in mind?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
I'm definitely going to lower the car. When and with what I'm not sure yet. The GRBS kit can be made with a custom spring rate. Their kit is 30% stiffer than stock. That's more than I'd like. They are able to provide a custom spring rate as well. So now I have to do some figuring. I'm also going to see if Pedders in Australia is making a kit. The Stinger is the new RWD performance car in Aus. I'll see if they are developing a kit.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I'm definitely going to lower the car. When and with what I'm not sure yet. The GRBS kit can be made with a custom spring rate. Their kit is 30% stiffer than stock. That's more than I'd like. They are able to provide a custom spring rate as well. So now I have to do some figuring. I'm also going to see if Pedders in Australia is making a kit. The Stinger is the new RWD performance car in Aus. I'll see if they are developing a kit.[/QUOTE [MENTION=148]Steve O[/MENTION], have you driven a Stinger yet?

The factory set up, even at it's hardest, is VERY comfortable! I wouldn't hesitate to stiffen it by 30%!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I've destroyed the ride of more than one vehicle with coilovers. And I find the OEM suspension, so far, to be fairly satisfying. I don't want to drive my wife out of this car with a suspension change too soon.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
@kaz is speaking from experience and I agree. Spring stiffness is not the way to improve a road car's suspension. It's fine for the track but not for the road. Instead it's all about damping from the shocks. In any event, I'll be sticking with same springs or same spring rates, or Eibach's variable rate springs (soft for small bumps, stiff for big ones) and focusing on improving the handling with the damping from the shocks. The Stinger is too soft in rebound (aka extension, recoil) especially in the rear. What I want is to stiffen the rear end about 50% to 100% to balance the front and rear better. Then maybe another 10 or 20% front and rear to dial in the handling I want. As I write this I'm coming to the conclusion a set of Eibach's will get the spring rates I'll be happy with (like the last 5 sets of Eicbachs I've had). Then when the dampers are available from Koni or Bilstein I'll add them and it will feel like I got a new car again. The high rate section of the Eibach's will probably address the rear outside corner squatting too much on the freeway ramps. Hey... Did I just come up with a plan?

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Keep us posted!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
BTW. This is not a coil over kit. Note the rear springs are on a height adjustable sleeve.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I'm definitely going to lower the car. When and with what I'm not sure yet. The GRBS kit can be made with a custom spring rate. Their kit is 30% stiffer than stock. That's more than I'd like. They are able to provide a custom spring rate as well. So now I have to do some figuring. I'm also going to see if Pedders in Australia is making a kit. The Stinger is the new RWD performance car in Aus. I'll see if they are developing a kit.
Any particular reason you're leaning towards Pedders?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Not leaning at all. Just wanting to be aware of all options. I haven't heard back so I think they are out of consideration.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Did some higher speed cruising over the weekend. 150 k for extended periods over mostly superhighway but that's where i drive. The suspension does stiffen up at that speed. No floating no pogoing even with some g bumps that I went over with the familiarity of day to day but this time at 150K instead of 100 K. Conclusion at this point: Shocks and damping are good enough. I'm getting the Eibachs for the lowering and stiffer rates and if they are not enough to tame the low speed issues I have I'll wait for a set of Konis later. But the car at near 100 mph is solid. No float, totally acceptable dive and sway. The suspension's speed settings are working. I just wished they kicked in more at lower speeds.

BIPPU

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
Will These coilovers work on the Genesis G80 sport. They share suspension with the stinger GT, only tuned slightly differently correct?