Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who is considering purchasing a KIA for the first time because of the Stinger?

Who is considering purchasing a KIA for the first time because of the Stinger?

• I am

Votes: 113 85.0%
  • Not me

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I'm currently a KIA owner

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Actually both the GTO and G8 weren't that bad on fuel. My GTO will run about 23-24 highway and the G8 the same. The LS96 has the 4-cyl. fuel cutout under light loads which helps. It does show how good GM can be, although again, both those cars are Holden products with Bowling Green, KY engines. Pontiac apparently tried to save itself and produced two very fine cars in the process.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Never considered a Kia until I discovered the Stinger, and I discovered it a bit too late -- just after November 2017 when I leased two new cars. If I had known about the Stinger in AWD, it might have replaced both new ones. Now 2020.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
I totally agree, well done. So, you are waiting until fall-winter '18 to buy/lease?

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Nicely done!!!!!

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Never considered a Kia until I discovered the Stinger, and I discovered it a bit too late -- just after November 2017 when I leased two new cars. If I had known about the Stinger in AWD, it might have replaced both new ones. Now 2020.
Well, if they actually build the Kia GT Proceed(?), maybe you can buy one of them when they finally come out... likely in 2-3 years! :)

FAI 2018 - KIA GT Proceed - FIRST LOOK
https://youtu.be/HD5rHWe8ELI

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Owned pre-2005 BMW 330i and M3 naturally-aspirated sedans for my daily drivers the last 20 years and finally got tired of the never ending repair bills. Late one night while traipsing down a Genesis G80 Youtube rabbithole, I accidentally clicked a Stinger review. And another. And another... Test drove a GT2 RWD at my closest dealership three weeks ago and couldn't believe how much fun it was! Absolutely the first Kia I've ever considered driving and owning. [burnout]

Memphis

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I?m a first. But I?m hoping as the years go on they improve the handling. It?s slower around willow springs than a focus st.

I would like to have a car with these good looks price point and a bit better handling to take on its power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steilo

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Ok Ladies and Gentleman, drove it for the first time today, awesome car. Do I buy it?!? Yes or no? Going to decide by tomorrow morning.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Ok Ladies and Gentleman, drove it for the first time today, awesome car. Do I buy it?!? Yes or no? Going to decide by tomorrow morning.
Best decision you'll ever make.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I?m a first. But I?m hoping as the years go on they improve the handling. It?s slower around willow springs than a focus st.

I would like to have a car with these good looks price point and a bit better handling to take on its power.

Do you own a Focus ST now?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
Welcome and yes you should.[^]

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Never thought I would ever buy a KIA but the Stinger was too good of a car to pass up.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Well, if they actually build the Kia GT Proceed(?), maybe you can buy one of them when they finally come out... likely in 2-3 years! :)

FAI 2018 - KIA GT Proceed - FIRST LOOK
https://youtu.be/HD5rHWe8ELI
I think its a little tooo glitzy. but the general design is good. if i had ro choose today between the two, i'd choose the stinger, just for looks -- but without the fake hood intakes.

Memphis

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Do you own a Focus ST now?
No but have driven a few. Randy Pobst tracked it around Willow Springs on Motortrend and noted it?s faults (somewhat easily fixable for Kia from the factory) and in the times it was slower than a Focus ST and on par with cars from 2013.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
No but have driven a few. Randy Pobst tracked it around Willow Springs on Motortrend and noted it?s faults (somewhat easily fixable for Kia from the factory) and in the times it was slower than a Focus ST and on par with cars from 2013.

Oh I see, I used to own a Focus ST and was going to ask how you like yours lol.

Memphis

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Oh I see, I used to own a Focus ST and was going to ask how you like yours lol.
I think the N will be a better car.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
I think the N will be a better car.

You mean the Veloster N or i30 N? The Veloster is a nice car but too small for me these days.

Memphis

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
You mean the Veloster N or i30 N? The Veloster is a nice car but too small for me these days.
Either. The N Veloster will come in around 3k pounds which is about 200lbs lighter than the Focus ST and has more power.

The suspension is independent in the rear now as well and Hyundai has always had a good shifter in their cars for manuals.

I agree with it being small, and with me having a kid in a rear facing seat now will make it a challenge.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
The N models are going to bring a lot of new awareness to the brand. Just like ST with Ford when it finally came here in the states. I'll probably go in for a test once it hits the showroom.[hihi]

Either. The N Veloster will come in around 3k pounds which is about 200lbs lighter than the Focus ST and has more power.

The suspension is independent in the rear now as well and Hyundai has always had a good shifter in their cars for manuals.

I agree with it being small, and with me having a kid in a rear facing seat now will make it a challenge.