Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
In that case, 1) yes it is a good price OTD. 2) No, if you plan on doing the buyout it will have to be through a different financing entity (Bank, credit union, etc) .

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Picked up my micro-blue 2018 GT2 today for $40,775. Purchase and finance through KIA.

That does not include WA state sales tax (a solid kick in the nuts for $3495) and Title/Reg/License ($337). This is the only time I ever wish I was an Oregon resident instead of Washington. LOL!

It felt to me like a really good deal, and driving it for the first time... wow. I have no words to describe it. :)

-Tim

View attachment 1612
Congrats Tim! I am an Oregonian, and picked up a White GT w/AWD and DriveWise (safety tech pkg) + dealer tinted windows and XPEL-like protection on hood and door areas for $34,212 in Colorado. Was quite the road trip home (a blast really!).

Our Democrats in the Legislator introduced our first-ever state-wide sales tax on all new car sales. It's only a 1/2% so it was around $171 for me, but it'll only climb quickly to match or surpass you guys in WA!

Not to get too political, but the Dems now have supermajority in the House and Senate and own the Gov for like the last 30 years. They plan to tax the average family of 4 about another $2,000 a year! Never mind the record revenues the state has, always need more... Ugh. New car tax will increase for sure.

Time to move to Idaho, where I could SAVE $1500 - $2000 a year just with gas prices alone!

Okay, have a great weekend ripping around. I'm shocked I haven't picked up a ticket yet! So easy to just get up to 80mph without even realizing it!

Lenny3332

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Thanks Robz. 1 more question if you know-when you do the lease buy out, what is the fee to do so and do you need to pay tax? I do have a trade so maybe it is just the difference between the 2 cars?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Yes, there is a fee you have to pay when you buyout the lease, IIRC it is $400.
The tax question is state dependent, as in some states you will only pay taxes once, when you sign the lease, and on others you will pay taxes twice, when you sign the lease and when you buy it out.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Congrats Tim! I am an Oregonian, and picked up a White GT w/AWD and DriveWise (safety tech pkg) + dealer tinted windows and XPEL-like protection on hood and door areas for $34,212 in Colorado. Was quite the road trip home (a blast really!).

Okay, have a great weekend ripping around. I'm shocked I haven't picked up a ticket yet! So easy to just get up to 80mph without even realizing it!
If you're gonna have to make a road trip, might as well do it in style like you did. :)

Ultimately, after almost a month with the car, I FULLY feel it was WORTH THE COST - including the tax! :) Just took the JD Power survey yesterday, too. Not a single issue yet - I hope you're having great luck with yours as well!

And yes, even after owning a few muscle-cars in my time, this car can easily rip to 80 before you know it and I still haven't come to 'expect' it yet! It's awesome fun! (no tickets here yet, either! knock on wood. :) )

-Tim

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
If you're gonna have to make a road trip, might as well do it in style like you did. :)

Ultimately, after almost a month with the car, I FULLY feel it was WORTH THE COST - including the tax! :) Just took the JD Power survey yesterday, too. Not a single issue yet - I hope you're having great luck with yours as well!

And yes, even after owning a few muscle-cars in my time, this car can easily rip to 80 before you know it and I still haven't come to 'expect' it yet! It's awesome fun! (no tickets here yet, either! knock on wood. :) )

-Tim
I once told myself I've never spend over $30k on a car - ever. Well, that was 20 years ago, and one cannot stick with the same class of car as costs just keep moving north, and regulations/requirements in cars keep going north. I owned a Mazda6 (2014) previously. GREAT sedan, highly recommend it, but it is certainly a family sedan, with the best sport in design/drive combo of the bunch out there. But it's NOT in a Stinger class, it's an Optima/Accord player...

Somewhere in the plastic box on the windshield that has the rain sensing goodies and such, there is starting to develop a small rattle. Rattles - I HATE them! I admit, I was scared to get a KIA fearing rattles might emerge soon... This "might" be the case, we'll see. I think I can find this and have the dealer put an end to it, without ripping up the dash let's say, and creating 500 more rattles to cure one!

The Mazda? Ha! It was 100% built in Japan and in my 5 years and 111k miles, it had not a single rattle, anywhere. Road noise, yes, but no rattles and that's just huge to me.

We shall see. But outside of that one rattle. Hmmm... Oh, and the foot rest next to the brake? I stepped into the car the other day, positioned myself by pushing (as anyone does) on it, and I heard a crack of pop... It seems squishy, at the top of it now. Rrrr... I think something plastic broke, so when I take it in for the rattle I'll test the other foot rests to make sure they are not all like what I have and that nothing too easily broke there.

NOTE: I'm not a huge guy... 6'1" and 190lbs. So that shouldn't be breaking anything I should think.

Still, these are minor minor things that could happen to any vehicle. Nothing wrong with the car. Just think it's the best riding car I've ever owned and the power is awesome.

Working outside in the sun in mid-November in Beaverton, OR. Tell everyone it just rains here! Ha! Soooo awesome out today!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Yes, there is a fee you have to pay when you buyout the lease, IIRC it is $400.
The tax question is state dependent, as in some states you will only pay taxes once, when you sign the lease, and on others you will pay taxes twice, when you sign the lease and when you buy it out.
The buyout fee is $300.

The tax is only paid one time. The difference is that when you lease it, you're only paying tax on the lease portion. You have to pay tax for the rest of the residual if you buy the lease out with your bank.

woot11

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Where are all of these GT2s going for under $35,000 otd? I am currently in the market but all the dealers within my area (Illinois) are all high $40,000s before TTL.

Even with the incentives, the best I saw was at $40,000 for a GT2 without the red interior.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
GT2s for under 35 otd?....There has never been such thing.

You'll be getting a great deal if you get it for 38-39 otd.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

woot11

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
I may have just misread between GT, GT1 and GT2. Yep, I would say $40k for a GT2 should be a good deal as it is.

Marc

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018Stinger GT2
2018 silky Silver with Red leather. Paid $45,000 OTD, or about 41,200.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
G80
Was offered 500 a month OTD on a 2018 GT2 Rwd on 36/12k lease with 0 down

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
If you love the car, then get it!

AMDman18

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Golf GTI
Was offered 500 a month OTD on a 2018 GT2 Rwd on 36/12k lease with 0 down
That's not a bad deal at all. Drove off in a 2019 GT2 yesterday for $599/month. $2k discount and $4k down. Just started a new job so bank didn't give me top tier money factor. I know people are super against putting money down on leases but I value reducing the monthly payment right away. I also valued getting a '19 for the missing features and hopefully better paint jobs.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Murlinator, is it true that KIA dealers do not lease out 2018 anymore?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
G80
That's not a bad deal at all. Drove off in a 2019 GT2 yesterday for $599/month. $2k discount and $4k down. Just started a new job so bank didn't give me top tier money factor. I know people are super against putting money down on leases but I value reducing the monthly payment right away. I also valued getting a '19 for the missing features and hopefully better paint jobs.
Congrats on the 2019. If I had the budget I would of done the same.

Actually ended up $480 a month OTD with 0 down. I am pretty happy with I got.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Murlinator, is it true that KIA dealers do not lease out 2018 anymore?
100% false on the Stinger.

The 2018 Sorento, Optima, and Forte are correct.

Kozmo

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger
Bought a 2018 Premium, AWD, with driver assist. Sticker price was 42250 with the cargo net.

Dealer lowered price to 37300.

No trade. Down to 28,700 with the lease cash plus the 1000 awd rebate.

Added extended warranty, 10 year, bumper to bumper for 1000. Did not pay for the dealer-installed tint or window etching.

Post purchase, spent 1400 for Michelin X ice winter tires, wheels , and TPMS, installed.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Congrats [MENTION=1806]Kozmo[/MENTION]