Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

CorgiGeek

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Hello CorgiGeek,

I've received a few quotations (mostly SoCal). If purchasing and financing with KIA (meaning you get a $2,000 rebate on top of what you negotiate with the dealer), I have quotes for a GT, RWD, w/DriveWise that retails for $41,500 for about $36,500 and $35,700. Right around there give or take. That's WITH the $2k off.

So the $39k you have received, that's okay, but you get a few dealers involved and you'll notice some just won't budge, while some are willing to push to the floor to earn your business.

Everyone I've dealt with so far has been really good and very professional. I do 90% of my work via emails, so their is clear communication and a paper trail. Some dealers like to keep sending fresh emails and making it confusing (kinda a game) but I just copy/paste and keep the thread going...

Good luck!
Thanks for the info Mark! Very helpful to compare what others are being offered and yes I noticed the same thing about dealers sending new threads. Thanks for the tip about copy/paste.

Rotanimod

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hello all,

I feel like I am not getting a good deal at all and I wanted to share my experiences and see what you all recommend.

To get it out of the way I do not want to do the lease option.

I am looking at a 2018 GT2 AWD. However in West Texas pickings seem slim. My dealer only has one in red and I would like to get one in blue and without window tints they added on the red one because I am military and will be leaving texas in two yearish. The dealer claimed they had found another dealer willing to sell them the vehicle in order for me to purchase here. Here is the "breakdown"

MSRP: $52,982 (which he tried to sell it at)
Talked down price $52062 or $920 off (still doesn't seem close to what I expected)
4400 in rebates (1000 dealer cash) (3000 competitive) (400 military)

new price: $47,662

Fees:
Doc Fee $150
Title: $28
License fee $133
State inspection $7
Road and Bridge Fee $20
Total fees: $338

$48000 x6.25% state tax

new total: $51000 my trade ends up taking this down to 45kish. 51K out the door this late in the model year seems very high to me. Their reasons for not coming down were as follows:

Can't sell below invoice because the other dealer he is buying from is eating the money from Kia
It will cost around $1000 for them to have the car delivered here and that is covered in the cost.
dealers have installed things like remote start on the vehicle but that costs MSRP plus labor for them to do it so my dealer to eat that cost.
Larger dealers would be more likely to sell at a steeper discount but in this part of Texas they are not seeing the types of discounts I am seeing in other regions.

All this said they have been respectful and not pushy but I do not think I am getting a good deal at all. Could someone please provide me with some advice?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hello all,

I feel like I am not getting a good deal at all and I wanted to share my experiences and see what you all recommend.

To get it out of the way I do not want to do the lease option.

I am looking at a 2018 GT2 AWD. However in West Texas pickings seem slim. My dealer only has one in red and I would like to get one in blue and without window tints they added on the red one because I am military and will be leaving texas in two yearish. The dealer claimed they had found another dealer willing to sell them the vehicle in order for me to purchase here. Here is the "breakdown"

MSRP: $52,982 (which he tried to sell it at)
Talked down price $52062 or $920 off (still doesn't seem close to what I expected)
4400 in rebates (1000 dealer cash) (3000 competitive) (400 military)

new price: $47,662

Fees:
Doc Fee $150
Title: $28
License fee $133
State inspection $7
Road and Bridge Fee $20
Total fees: $338

$48000 x6.25% state tax

new total: $51000 my trade ends up taking this down to 45kish. 51K out the door this late in the model year seems very high to me. Their reasons for not coming down were as follows:

Can't sell below invoice because the other dealer he is buying from is eating the money from Kia
It will cost around $1000 for them to have the car delivered here and that is covered in the cost.
dealers have installed things like remote start on the vehicle but that costs MSRP plus labor for them to do it so my dealer to eat that cost.
Larger dealers would be more likely to sell at a steeper discount but in this part of Texas they are not seeing the types of discounts I am seeing in other regions.

All this said they have been respectful and not pushy but I do not think I am getting a good deal at all. Could someone please provide me with some advice?
[MENTION=1566]Rotanimod[/MENTION], I have a Blue GT2 AWD sitting on my showroom floor. $52,540 is the MSRP. I'll sell it to you for $44,399 after the incentives and before the fees. Total financed through Kia will be around $47,750 +/-.

If you'd like to talk, call me. 563-445-4782 is my direct line. I'm a moderator here and have been selling Kia's for over 17 years.

-Murlinator

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Just purchased a GT, AWD, DriveWise, w/Red on Black Interior, for about $500 under invoice. Technically I saved a bit more, as the price includes their dealer fee, any document fees, etc... everything but taxes and title/license. So dealer took off about 8% from sticker.

Make SURE you capture all the Factory to Customer Incentives:

AWD: $1,000
KMF Financing: $2,000 (if choosing 2.9%)
Conquest Cash: $3,000 (just about every car ever made is on that list - it's a gimmick to justify giving you $3,000 to move year-end vehicle out the door).

Total KMF Incentives: $6,000

$34,500 is my total vehicle/dealer paper cost.

It would be nice if someone posted what the Factory to DEALER incentives are right now... AutoNews.com anyone?... Sure, sometimes dealers do sell at cost or a slight less, but that is the LAST resort, and I'm pretty sure if people are getting quotes at or below invoice (which I received from several dealers), then the Dealers are getting a few grand quietly/privately from KIA. Technically, I should have hunted around and figured that out in know how much more I could have hunted for to take off... But what's done is done.

Getting around $9,500 off overall, paying $34,500 for this much car? Yes, I'm reasonably happy about it.

NOTE: Two dealers that quoted me were well above the other quotes, and they would not budge. One only came off $1,000 from MSRP, and the other came off more, but both were still about $1,200 above my best quotes.

A few reasons you may need to shop around more if you don't feel you're getting a great deal:

A. The dealer is not a high-volume dealer (typically due to geography). Thus, they are not trying to hit some magical monthly number KIA has set for them to acquire $30k or $50k etc, month end or quarterly bonuses for moving XXX amount of cars. Rather, the dealer needs to make as much margin as possible with every car they sell.

B. They "could" be a high volume dealer, but the car has been on the floor (AKA in their inventory) for a long time. The exact day dealers take delivery of a vehicle, that's the day interest starts from KIA Corporate! No 30 or 60 day grace period, etc... Thus, if a Stinger has been on the dealership lot 6+ months, that car is NOT getting cheaper to sell... The Stinger I purchased as manufactured in May. 6 weeks from S. Korea to the dealership or so, it likely arrived at the dealer early/mid-July. Two months on the floor? About typical.

I believe last month KIA gave the dealers an "aged inventory" $1k to play with, but that's expired I believe.

Anywho, I get the car a week from today. Kinda excited! Hope this helps someone/s.

CorgiGeek

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Just purchased a GT, AWD, DriveWise, w/Red on Black Interior, for about $500 under invoice. Technically I saved a bit more, as the price includes their dealer fee, any document fees, etc... everything but taxes and title/license. So dealer took off about 8% from sticker.

Conquest Cash: $3,000 (just about every car ever made is on that list - it's a gimmick to justify giving you $3,000 to move year-end vehicle out the door).

It would be nice if someone posted what the Factory to DEALER incentives are right now... AutoNews.com anyone?... Sure, sometimes dealers do sell at cost or a slight less, but that is the LAST resort, and I'm pretty sure if people are getting quotes at or below invoice (which I received from several dealers), then the Dealers are getting a few grand quietly/privately from KIA. Technically, I should have hunted around and figured that out in know how much more I could have hunted for to take off... But what's done is done.

Getting around $9,500 off overall, paying $34,500 for this much car? Yes, I'm reasonably happy about it.

NOTE: Two dealers that quoted me were well above the other quotes, and they would not budge. One only came off $1,000 from MSRP, and the other came off more, but both were still about $1,200 above my best quotes.

A few reasons you may need to shop around more if you don't feel you're getting a great deal:

A. The dealer is not a high-volume dealer (typically due to geography). Thus, they are not trying to hit some magical monthly number KIA has set for them to acquire $30k or $50k etc, month end or quarterly bonuses for moving XXX amount of cars. Rather, the dealer needs to make as much margin as possible with every car they sell.

B. They "could" be a high volume dealer, but the car has been on the floor (AKA in their inventory) for a long time. The exact day dealers take delivery of a vehicle, that's the day interest starts from KIA Corporate! No 30 or 60 day grace period, etc... Thus, if a Stinger has been on the dealership lot 6+ months, that car is NOT getting cheaper to sell... The Stinger I purchased as manufactured in May. 6 weeks from S. Korea to the dealership or so, it likely arrived at the dealer early/mid-July. Two months on the floor? About typical.

I believe last month KIA gave the dealers an "aged inventory" $1k to play with, but that's expired I believe.

Anywho, I get the car a week from today. Kinda excited! Hope this helps someone/s.
Thanks Mark. Very helpful posting. I'm looking at the GT w/drivewise too just different color combo. Thanks for posting factory incentives as I was only seeing the conquest cash on Kia website and am excited they're doing financing and awd rebate still too. 6k in rebates is very nice. You got a great deal! Hoping to sign for one in a few weeks.

CorgiGeek

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States

Hi Mark, where are you seeing there's a $1k AWD rebate? I have no problem finding the conquest and kmf financing rebate but can't seem to locate that one.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada

Congrats!

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Heyas Mark - First off, congrats!

Just curious - what dealer did you end up getting it from? Are they shipping it here (Portland area) for you? To another dealer, or did you work the deal completely through a distant dealership?

Just curious, as I live in the same area you do. :)

-Tim

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
I?m looking at this deal on a GT2 RWD.

$40,612 with lease rebate + 5% rebate from dealer. MSRP $50,100. 19% off feels like a pretty good deal to me.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive

$40,612 with lease rebate + 5% rebate from dealer. MSRP $50,100. 19% off feels like a pretty good deal to me.
The Lease Cash is pretty hefty on the GT2 I believe (can't recall the number). But if at first, the dealer is taking off 5% only?... IMHO, that's not enough?... I would suggest going to AutoByTel.com and looking up the GT2 and seeing what the invoice is... Well, okay, here you go:

? Invoice is $46,150

Your $50,100 indicates the GT2 RWD w/Destination Fee and no additional items (such as wheel locks or remote start, etc...).

If you got a quote for invoice ($46,150) and then subtract the 36 month lease cash on top of that ($6,900), you end up with a quotation for: $39,250

Thus, their quotation appears to be about $1,400 over invoice. You're call, but hope that helps.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
Thus, their quotation appears to be about $1,400 over invoice. You're call, but hope that helps.
Yeah it helps, thanks. I know I haven't squeezed every last dollar out of the deal, but I may be OK with that. I pushed for another $1K, they told me to pound sand. Not one more cent off.

I don't need a new car today but I would like to get this done.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2

Now is 40612 with drive off fees and taxes? or is this with 0$ down?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Is not a bad deal at all in my opinion, that is a lot of car for 40k

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Yeah it helps, thanks. I know I haven't squeezed every last dollar out of the deal, but I may be OK with that. I pushed for another $1K, they told me to pound sand. Not one more cent off.

I don't need a new car today but I would like to get this done.
Right. Everyone has to feel comfortable with their decision at any price. I look at it this way: "How long do I need to work to make $1,400 after taxes?" Meaning, I need to make about $2,000 worth of a paycheck first, to pay the dealer - or anyone - $2,000.

In that case, I figure I can spend 30 minutes finding two more cars I want somewhat close, and then emailing those dealers and following up with a call or two to letting them know I'm serious.

At least, that's what I did for my Stinger. Let them know where things stood, didn't want to dicker, just get what they could offer and let them know where they would need to stand. One dealer didn't beat around the bush, got my objective, put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back and bang, didn't want others involved and gave me the price.

Best of luck! I pick mine up this Wednesday!

Now, does anyone want to buy a 2014 Mazda6 Soul Red near Portland, OR?! Ha!

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
Now is 40612 with drive off fees and taxes? or is this with 0$ down?
$42,029.67 with taxes & fees. Not $0 down, it's $1000 down. I'm not strapped for cash, whatever is fine with me. But putting down as little as possible is my plan.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
$42,029.67 with taxes & fees. Not $0 down, it's $1000 down. I'm not strapped for cash, whatever is fine with me. But putting down as little as possible is my plan.
If you are going to immediately buy it out, put nothing down. However, if you are leasing for most of the term (33 months or so until they come back with incentives), if you can work it to not put anything down, then don't. Here's why:

A. You have $1k more for the slightly higher payment a month, but the money is in your pocket. Cash flow in personal finances is always king.
B. Should anything happen, you lose your job, need to get out of the lease, car accident and it's totaled, etc... You can't get that $1k back and now it's truly gone.
C. Unforseen things happen, and you may need that $1k for such a time.

Oh no... Can you hear it coming? Dave Ramsey! Build up that $10k emergency fund ASAP!
? You know things happen in life.
? We act so surprised when they happen, when we know they will.
? We save nothing for things we know can and will - at some point - happen.

"I can't believe my rent went up. I can't believe my laptop got stolen. I can't believe I got sick. I can't believe I need to repair my roof or gutters or or or (insert costly house maintain here - anything). I can't believe, I can't believe...

Well, believe if. Mayham is coming and no amount of insurance covers all the things that happen in life.

Keep the $1k, pay a bit more a month, but you will have that $1k to pay that monthly over time.

My $.02 worth.

NOTE: Yah, saving money, not buying what we cannot afford, leasing instead of waiting, etc... I'm like speaking "poison" on a car blog. LOL! "What do you mean I shouldn't lease? Oh, well I can't afford to purchase it, I'd never qualify for the loan, or I'd be so strapped for cash there's no way." Yah, like I said, this old guy telling others to be patient, not buy what they can't afford - poison on a car blog. I'll be banned for good! Ha!

And no, I have NO idea what your financial situation is. I have a friend who leases new Mercedes every two-years. Two of them and he could care less. He was the CEO of a health care company for 25 years. He's just fine.

So you do what you do and I'll do what I do and I'll shut up now. ; )

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
You're totally right on all points. For my personal situation, this car is not a stretch.

I do plan on buying out the lease immediately. I just want the lease cash incentive.

I can afford a car that's twice the price. I have a house and a mortgage that's half what I can afford. I prefer to live well within my means, I learned the hard way. That's probably why I'm not too worried about squeezing every last dollar out of this deal. Dave Ramsey's $10K rule? Yeah I have that beat by a LONG way. I've set my life up properly, I'm fortunate for that.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
You're totally right on all points. For my personal situation, this car is not a stretch.

I do plan on buying out the lease immediately. I just want the lease cash incentive.

I can afford a car that's twice the price. I have a house and a mortgage that's half what I can afford. I prefer to live well within my means, I learned the hard way. That's probably why I'm not too worried about squeezing every last dollar out of this deal. Dave Ramsey's $10K rule? Yeah I have that beat by a LONG way. I've set my life up properly, I'm fortunate for that.
You are awesome! Good luck! I'm on the other side of the tracks. I didn't have to learn the hard way as it were, because I didn't have any money, and was laid off in 2009. Had to live on scraps for a long time until my own business took off. Cash in envelopes for each category type of thing.

Thus, we both ended up in the same place via different paths it looks like. Have a great weekend!

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
You are awesome! Good luck! I'm on the other side of the tracks. I didn't have to learn the hard way as it were, because I didn't have any money, and was laid off in 2009. Had to live on scraps for a long time until my own business took off. Cash in envelopes for each category type of thing.

Thus, we both ended up in the same place via different paths it looks like. Have a great weekend!
Yeah I ate it super hard in 2009/2010. Fully recovered now! Congrats to you as well.

CorgiGeek

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Pulled the trigger today on the Stinger GT. Black on Black. I'm joining the hive!
Dealer gave me 9% off MSRP and included a Remote Starter as well.
Financed the car with $5000 in rebates. $34,500 before TTL.
Feel as though I got a decent deal.