Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford
Hello...couple of questions

1) does Kia have a "wear care" policy? I do not want to deal with repairs at the end of the lease.
2) If yes, what is the name of Kia program and does it also cover excess mileage? For reference, Ford has a "wear care" policy that you can purchase and it covers up to $4000 in repairs (excess mileage can be included in the $4000)
3) what is the invoice cost and price of the policy?
4) what is the invoice cost and price of the standard and deluxe road hazard coverage
5) does Kia residualize these policies into the lease payment? In other words, add it to the selling price of the vehicle, then apply MF, RV and sales tax over the lease term?

In the last 4 cars I've leased (VW, Cadillac, Ford x 2), these policies have paid for themselves, and then some.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hello...couple of questions

1) does Kia have a "wear care" policy? I do not want to deal with repairs at the end of the lease.
2) If yes, what is the name of Kia program and does it also cover excess mileage? For reference, Ford has a "wear care" policy that you can purchase and it covers up to $4000 in repairs (excess mileage can be included in the $4000)
3) what is the invoice cost and price of the policy?
4) what is the invoice cost and price of the standard and deluxe road hazard coverage
5) does Kia residualize these policies into the lease payment? In other words, add it to the selling price of the vehicle, then apply MF, RV and sales tax over the lease term?

In the last 4 cars I've leased (VW, Cadillac, Ford x 2), these policies have paid for themselves, and then some.
Hey there [MENTION=2054]JimmyMcBob[/MENTION]. Welcome!

So, Kia does not directly have any such policy. If you turn the car in with "excess" wear and tear, if will be the responsibility of the leasee.

Now, that said, most dealers DO offer a policy to cover things like dents, scratches, lost keys, tire/wheel damage, etc...

Heelsmj

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
That's not a bad deal at all. Drove off in a 2019 GT2 yesterday for $599/month. $2k discount and $4k down. Just started a new job so bank didn't give me top tier money factor. I know people are super against putting money down on leases but I value reducing the monthly payment right away. I also valued getting a '19 for the missing features and hopefully better paint jobs.
AWD or RWD? Here I am thinking I’m getting hosed with the offers I’m getting in Florida. Best I’ve received after a ton of bargaining at every dealer in south Florida is $599 a month 1K down on 2019 GT2 RWD and $640 $3444 down on a RWD

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
More importantly what was the OTD price? That's what determines if you are really getting hosed or not.

kenmsax

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
AWD or RWD? Here I am thinking I’m getting hosed with the offers I’m getting in Florida. Best I’ve received after a ton of bargaining at every dealer in south Florida is $599 a month 1K down on 2019 GT2 RWD and $640 $3444 down on a RWD
Which dealers have you gone to? I just leased a
2019 GT1 last week.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Heelsmj

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Which dealers have you gone to? I just leased a
2019 GT1 last week.

Gunther
Coral Springs
Rick Case
Phil Smith
Hollywood
Greico

The best quote I got was all the way from airport Kia in Naples. Best selling price on 19 GT2 AWD is $48995
1K down $599 a month tax included for 39/12. I told him I could add another 1K down if he meets me in the middle and lowers price by 1K to make payment around $550 he wouldn’t budge! Not one more dollar.

Any guidance would be appreciated. They are basically telling me they are selling cars fast and don’t need to discount moore. They all let me walk.

kenmsax

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
So you have hit them all. I started last week with True Car search. Was originally looking for leftover 18 GT1 rwd. One of the dealers that contacted me had no 18s but asked if they could quote 19 GT1 rwd. Deal offered over email was $513 a month, tax in, for 39/10. Only 1st month payment and ttl at signing. That's the deal I ended with, plus $4 a month because I went with a different GT1 with slightly higher msrp. I feel this was a good deal. Working numbers backwards it came out to 10% off MSRP before Kia's $3900 incentive.

Your msrp is probably 6k over mine. So figuring $30 a month per $1000 that would put you at about $693 a month with just 1st payment and ttl at signing. I believe lease incentive is better on GT2 and awd, so that number would be lower.

I think you are getting a good offer. Especially if no dealer is willing to go lower (but they will all match it).

Heelsmj

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
So you have hit them all. I started last week with True Car search. Was originally looking for leftover 18 GT1 rwd. One of the dealers that contacted me had no 18s but asked if they could quote 19 GT1 rwd. Deal offered over email was $513 a month, tax in, for 39/10. Only 1st month payment and ttl at signing. That's the deal I ended with, plus $4 a month because I went with a different GT1 with slightly higher msrp. I feel this was a good deal. Working numbers backwards it came out to 10% off MSRP before Kia's $3900 incentive.

Your msrp is probably 6k over mine. So figuring $30 a month per $1000 that would put you at about $693 a month with just 1st payment and ttl at signing. I believe lease incentive is better on GT2 and awd, so that number would be lower.

I think you are getting a good offer. Especially if no dealer is willing to go lower (but they will all match it).

I agree it’s probably the best deal I can get in the area but I don’t think it’s a good deal. I like the car it drives amazing but it also has a lot of cheap plastic parts that are unforgivable in a 50K car. I personally am unwilling to pay that much. I will wait and see what happens with pricing. I’m in no rush.

kenmsax

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What about a GT1?

AJS

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Anyone do the lease with immediate buy out in New York state? Any gotchas I should be aware of?

kenmsax

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I really want LSD and 360 camera but if it comes to it I may consider a GT1
The 2019 GT1 comes with the LSD standard.

Ls1ashley

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘17 Corvette
I just bought a GT2 RWD in Houston area for 41k plus TT&L. This included the dealer discount and the $7,500 Kia lease incentive for a 24 month lease.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Congratulations...that is a great deal!

kylemoss

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
2019 GT1 in February for $43,198 total in California. MSRP $46,295; adjusted cap of $37,500, so just under $5700 for all taxes, fees, etc. Thanks to everyone who helped!

mike1288

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Hi Chroma Red
Just bought a new Red 2018 GT2 AWD for $41,000 before TTL. Including all weather floor mats and splash guards. Thank you for all the info! It was very helpful :)

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Mustang
Just bought a new Red 2018 GT2 AWD for $41,000 before TTL. Including all weather floor mats and splash guards. Thank you for all the info! It was very helpful :)

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk
That was your purchase price (and not your lease price)?

mike1288

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Hi Chroma Red

Mars644

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
If anyone is looking for a Stinger in Florida, let me know! I’ll do my best to get you the best deal. Just send me a message. Thanks