Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Makes sense

Went to World Car KIA in San Antonio today. They offered $500 off MSRP on the fully loaded AWD GT2. I am not impressed. I told them to email me if they changed their mind and walked out in a friendly but decisive manner.

What next? That?s a pathetic discount.
Go to Ancira Kia or Kia San Marcos, they'll gladly do $1k off MSRP.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Makes sense

Went to World Car KIA in San Antonio today. They offered $500 off MSRP on the fully loaded AWD GT2. I am not impressed. I told them to email me if they changed their mind and walked out in a friendly but decisive manner.

What next? That's a pathetic discount.
Check what local dealer is the Costco dealer of choice and get the price from them... It will be between $250-$500 under invoice! Then you still qualify for any other offers AND 15% off any add-ons!

https://www.costcoauto.com/new_cars/buildvehicle.aspx?trimid=397814

-Matt

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thanks Matt!!

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Well, I am getting a message that COSTCO doesn't have any dealers in my area. San Antonio is a large city. No dealer here !?!?

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Well, I am getting a message that COSTCO doesn't have any dealers in my area. San Antonio is a large city. No dealer here !?!?
I'll get mine and post. Print it and use it as leverage...

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Use a Dallas 75070 or Houston 77018 zipcode.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 3.17.15 PM.jpg

-Matt

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
That is correct, for some reason Costco has not been able to work out any deals with the dealers in TX. I was faced with the same problem when I looking for mine. However my dealer honored the costco member program and incentives, and top it off also applied the lease cash offers Kia had at the time. Feel free to give them a call. Below I am leaving their contact information. If you decide to call Rick, tell him that Rob with the White GT2 referred you and he'll know to honor the costo member price.

https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/1163-Howdy-from-Houston-TX

PM me if you need additional information or need assistance.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Congratulations on your new Stinger [MENTION=985]yumdump[/MENTION]!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Check what local dealer is the Costco dealer of choice and get the price from them... It will be between $250-$500 under invoice! Then you still qualify for any other offers AND 15% off any add-ons!

https://www.costcoauto.com/new_cars/buildvehicle.aspx?trimid=397814

-Matt
I concur with Matt. I just shopped 3 dealers locally for a new Mazda CX-9 for my Mom & Dad. Seriously nice vehicle... The local guys must be selling too well. Dinking around $350 off sticker, etc... communicate from scratch emails, won't stay in the same thread. Forgot who I was. Just pathetic.

Went to Costco, called and gave them the information. Boom! Costco Mazda dealer about 50 minutes out of town, right on invoice! In writing, no screwing around. Loved the experience.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I concur with Matt. I just shopped 3 dealers locally for a new Mazda CX-9 for my Mom & Dad. Seriously nice vehicle... The local guys must be selling too well. Dinking around $350 off sticker, etc... communicate from scratch emails, won't stay in the same thread. Forgot who I was. Just pathetic.

Went to Costco, called and gave them the information. Boom! Costco Mazda dealer about 50 minutes out of town, right on invoice! In writing, no screwing around. Loved the experience.
I sell all of my Mazda's at invoice. LOL

They have almost ZERO markup.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
I sell all of my Mazda's at invoice. LOL

They have almost ZERO markup.

That's good to hear. In the heart of Beaverton, OR, where Nike and Intel, Adidas North American and Daimler Trucks North America are growing (some like weeds), there seems to be very little urgency with dealers willing to do much in pricing terms... Iowa. Must be a bit different!

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Ok! Good news (and a little bad).

Went to Ancira in San Antonio. Decent experience until the end. I will get to that.

I got a Ceramic Silver GT2 AWD sticker $52,515 for $49,515 after some back and forth.

I rounded:

Texas tax of $2500
Registration fee of $260
Doc fee of $150
Acquisition fee of $650

I then got the $7,000 cash back and another $400 for military discount = $7400 from KIA.

So after all said and done my adjusted cap cost (the final number they calculate the lease payment from) would have been about $46K before I traded an old beater in and made a small down payment on the visa.

A word of caution about Ancira. They gave me a great deal but I had to go back the next day and get the contract corrected. The finance lady made the entire signing process very confusing and she must have thought I was saying yes to things that I wasn't. That's possible, as she was very confusing to follow and made it seem like I was getting certain things at no cost. It was 9:30 PM and I was exhausted. My best advice, just state plainly that you want ZERO add ons. Hard to have any confusion about that. All that Prepaid maintenance and wheel protection and life insurance is likely to go unused and is thus pure profit for KIA anyway and it made my great deal less great.

Credit to Ancira though, they corrected the contract the next day when I was rested and looking at it all with fresh eyes and noticed the discrepancies in negotiated price. They got rid of all the add ons when I told them I didn't want them and never did want them if they weren't actually included already. I respect that. They seem to run a good tight ship so I expect my experience may be unique or it may be just the one finance lady who prefers to be less than transparent.

The finance person who fixed everything was stellar.

And again I got a screaming deal. Can't take that away from Ancira. I do recommend them, but just be prepared to be very clear about the final negotiated sales price and make sure that shows up verbatim in the contract with no add ons.

-W

Last edited:

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Ok! Good news (and a little bad).

Went to Ancira in San Antonio. Decent experience until the end. I will get to that.

I got a Ceramic Silver GT2 AWD sticker $52,515 for $49,515 after some back and forth minus another $400 for military discount.

I rounded:

Texas tax of $2500
Registration fee of $260
Doc fee of $150
Acquisition fee of $650

I got the $7,000 cash back.

So after all said and done my adjusted cap cost (the final number they calculate the lease payment from) would have been about $46K before I traded an old beater in and made a small down payment on the visa.

A word of caution about Ancira. They gave me a great deal but I had to go back the next day and get the contract corrected. The finance lady was absolutely horrendous in explaining what was being added and she no kidding snuck a bunch of insurance and coverage into the deal that I had little interest in purchasing. It was getting late and somehow she thought I was saying yes to things I don?t think I did. I am not a pro at this and I do something else for a living. So I signed. My best advice, just state plainly that you want ZERO add ons. Hard to have any confusion about that. All that Prepaid maintenance and wheel protection and life insurance is likely to go unused and is thus pure profit for KIA anyway and it made my great deal less great.

Credit to Ancira though, they corrected the contract the next day when I noticed the discrepancies and got rid of all the add ons when I told them I didn?t want them and never did want them. I respect that. They seem to run a good tight ship so I expect my experience may be unique or it may be just the one finance lady who prefers to be less than transparent.

The finance person who fixed everything was stellar.

And again I got a screaming deal. Can?t take that away from Ancira. I do recommend them just be prepared to be very clear about the final negotiated sales price and make sure that shows up verbatim in the contract with no add ons.

-W
Congrats!

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Murlin was a huge help guys. If you are able geographically, you won?t go wrong working with him. He was texting me back and forth as I went through the process. He encouraged me to take the contract home and look at it without the pressure. I should have done that but thankfully Ancira made it right anyway.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Located in Portland, OR, I'm thinking about actually purchasing in Canada (BC)! I may go to the Alberta provence as their taxes may actually be a bit lower...

Why would I do this?

BC has two taxes totally 12% on a new car purchase. The US has an import tax of 2.5%/3% but $800 credit back for most folks. It's around $350 or so total.

But the USD to Canadian Dollar is $1 to $1.29... Folks, that's a 29% discount on our dollar! Keep in mind, that's 29% off the Stinger right off the bat! Save a few thousand more in dealing and it's a HUGE chunk of change, even with the taxes and import fee.

Granted, they only have two models, a GT and a GT Signature I believe (limited or something like that). They are ALL AWD, but they also have a cup holder lid, 360? camera, a lot of stuff the US versions do NOT have for LESS in Canadian dollar no less!

Bottom Line: is their GT is around $44,000 and a US RWD w/Drive Wise is around $42,000. However, the BC has more features and comes with AWD - pound for pound it's less. Their's also comes with 19" rims and Michelin Sports. Stateside, all GT's w/AWD come with 18's and all seasons!...

$44,000 Canadian, take off $2k and we are at $42,000 Canadian x 12% tax = $47,000 Canadian.
$47,000 Canadian costs only $36,500 USD.

US Import Tax will run another $400.

It's not bad. And if the dollar continues to get stronger it only makes this scenario more attractive. A Canadian GT is kinda a GT1 "lite"... It has memory seats, heated steering wheel, all sorts of good stuff, but only a US GT 9 speaker sound system. If one could match apples to apples, the US version equipped the same way would be around $45k.

And there is no way a us GT at $45k is going to sell for $36,500 USD - not a chance...

So it's a pretty sweet deal I am thinking... Hmmm..

Anyone done this? Thoughts? Assuming emissions are going to pass and be okay?...

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Located in Portland, OR, I'm thinking about actually purchasing in Canada (BC)! I may go to the Alberta provence as their taxes may actually be a bit lower...

Why would I do this?

BC has two taxes totally 12% on a new car purchase. The US has an import tax of 2.5%/3% but $800 credit back for most folks. It's around $350 or so total.

But the USD to Canadian Dollar is $1 to $1.29... Folks, that's a 29% discount on our dollar! Keep in mind, that's 29% off the Stinger right off the bat! Save a few thousand more in dealing and it's a HUGE chunk of change, even with the taxes and import fee.

Granted, they only have two models, a GT and a GT Signature I believe (limited or something like that). They are ALL AWD, but they also have a cup holder lid, 360? camera, a lot of stuff the US versions do NOT have for LESS in Canadian dollar no less!

Bottom Line: is their GT is around $44,000 and a US RWD w/Drive Wise is around $42,000. However, the BC has more features and comes with AWD - pound for pound it's less. Their's also comes with 19" rims and Michelin Sports. Stateside, all GT's w/AWD come with 18's and all seasons!...

$44,000 Canadian, take off $2k and we are at $42,000 Canadian x 12% tax = $47,000 Canadian.
$47,000 Canadian costs only $36,500 USD.

US Import Tax will run another $400.

It's not bad. And if the dollar continues to get stronger it only makes this scenario more attractive. A Canadian GT is kinda a GT1 "lite"... It has memory seats, heated steering wheel, all sorts of good stuff, but only a US GT 9 speaker sound system. If one could match apples to apples, the US version equipped the same way would be around $45k.

And there is no way a us GT at $45k is going to sell for $36,500 USD - not a chance...

So it's a pretty sweet deal I am thinking... Hmmm..

Anyone done this? Thoughts? Assuming emissions are going to pass and be okay?...
This has been discussed and debated heavily... The speedometer is the first problem... KPH vs MPH. Secondly, the warranty from my understanding, would be void once registered in the US.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk