Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

jaygee15

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
How do I go about getting the dealer discount and the lease cash discount

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
How do I go about getting the dealer discount and the lease cash discount
The discount was through negotiation with the salesman. It helped that mine was on the lot. They usually prefer to move cars off their lot. I also found an ?internet? price for the car on the dealers website which the salesman claimed he didn?t know about. That price was already discounted. The lease cash is through Kia financing. Make sure you ask for it. Also make sure the price you negotiate is what they use for the lease. The first try they tried to use a different price (higher of course), I rejected it and they finally gave in and used the agreed upon price. Make them show you the actual numbers, not just a monthly payment.

Hope this helps.. Be prepared to walk away if you don?t get want you want.

Good luck

jaygee15

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The discount was through negotiation with the salesman. It helped that mine was on the lot. They usually prefer to move cars off their lot. I also found an ?internet' price for the car on the dealers website which the salesman claimed he didn't know about. That price was already discounted. The lease cash is through Kia financing. Make sure you ask for it. Also make sure the price you negotiate is what they use for the lease. The first try they tried to use a different price (higher of course), I rejected it and they finally gave in and used the agreed upon price. Make them show you the actual numbers, not just a monthly payment.

Hope this helps.. Be prepared to walk away if you don't get want you want.

Good luck
is there a way for me to see what the lease discount is before I choose a car.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
is there a way for me to see what the lease discount is before I choose a car.
Yes, Kia.com.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hi Everyone, loving the info on this thread and thank you to all who have contributed. Currently in the market for a Silver GT, been following this thread very closely so I can get the best deal.

From what I gather on here, doing the Balloon Payment is the best way to get the lowest price by taking advantage of the lease incentives.

Thanks [MENTION=877]blesken[/MENTION] for your insight and this question is directed at you. After you sign the lease for $41,700, was your next step securing financing through a bank or credit union to make the balloon payment of $41,700 to buyout the lease? Or do you plan on continuing to lease the car and making the balloon payment at the end of the lease term?

jaygee15

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'm not finding where I find how much to lease cash is available in my area, on Kia dot-com, all I see is the 299 and 399 a month incentive

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I'm not finding where I find how much to lease cash is available in my area, on Kia dot-com, all I see is the 299 and 399 a month incentive
Build out a car and hit lease. Make sure you pick 36 months.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Hi Everyone, loving the info on this thread and thank you to all who have contributed. Currently in the market for a Silver GT, been following this thread very closely so I can get the best deal.

From what I gather on here, doing the Balloon Payment is the best way to get the lowest price by taking advantage of the lease incentives.

Thanks [MENTION=877]blesken[/MENTION] for your insight and this question is directed at you. After you sign the lease for $41,700, was your next step securing financing through a bank or credit union to make the balloon payment of $41,700 to buyout the lease? Or do you plan on continuing to lease the car and making the balloon payment at the end of the lease term?
Yes I plan to buy out the lease. Actually my buyout is less, I had a trade-in that brought down the lease value. My buy out will be around $37,000 plus the termination fee.

After hearing about the purchase with a balloon payment, it sounds like a better deal. I'm guessing less fees, and if you trade in I assume you only have to pay sales tax on the difference between the new car cost and the trade-in value (might depend on the State you live in). Since I did the lease I didn't get the tax advantage.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Yes I plan to buy out the lease. Actually my buyout is less, I had a trade-in that brought down the lease value. My buy out will be around $37,000 plus the termination fee.

After hearing about the purchase with a balloon payment, it sounds like a better deal. I'm guessing less fees, and if you trade in I assume you only have to pay sales tax on the difference between the new car cost and the trade-in value (might depend on the State you live in). Since I did the lease I didn't get the tax advantage.
Thanks blesken, are you buying out the lease now or waiting until the end of the lease?

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Plan to buy out in a week or so.

Bballhog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 Silky Silver Red in
Quick question I leased my GT2 a few weeks ago and plan on doing lease buyout. In Florida apparently you need to go through the dealer to get your buyout.. Dealer told me and I checked on kias website and it states I need to contact the dealer.. So my question is why would it matter? Is there anything I should be aware of? I plan on getting financing with a credit union.. but was curious of anything I need to know? Anyone else done lease buyout in Florida?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Quick question I leased my GT2 a few weeks ago and plan on doing lease buyout. In Florida apparently you need to go through the dealer to get your buyout.. Dealer told me and I checked on kias website and it states I need to contact the dealer.. So my question is why would it matter? Is there anything I should be aware of? I plan on getting financing with a credit union.. but was curious of anything I need to know? Anyone else done lease buyout in Florida?
I'm a dealer in the midwest, not Florida, so I can't say for certain but I don't believe that you have to deal with the dealer at all to buy it out.

Call KMFUSA. The phone number is 866-331-5632. Give them your account info and tell them that you are going to refi with your CU and that you need a lease BUYOUT figure. Take that figure to your CU and you should be set.

Let me know if that is not how your experience goes.

Bballhog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 Silky Silver Red in
I'm a dealer in the midwest, not Florida, so I can't say for certain but I don't believe that you have to deal with the dealer at all to buy it out.

Call KMFUSA. The phone number is 866-331-5632. Give them your account info and tell them that you are going to refi with your CU and that you need a lease BUYOUT figure. Take that figure to your CU and you should be set.

Let me know if that is not how your experience goes.
Thanks. This is what I get when I go to site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
As someone who has never leased, would someone be willing to break this whole lease then buy process down a little more. The step I am not understanding is how I obtain the lease cash. Do I just walk into the store and say ?hey I want to lease a GT2 and I want $7,000 in lease cash after you discount the car first?? Everyone says no, you get the lease cash from finance, so is that step after I negotiate the car price and head to the green brimmed bean counter in the back to hammer out the financing?

How good of a deal is it to get one of these for $41,000 no kidding? Will we be able to find them in the used market for that price anytime soon you think?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
As someone who has never leased, would someone be willing to break this whole lease then buy process down a little more. The step I am not understanding is how I obtain the lease cash. Do I just walk into the store and say ?hey I want to lease a GT2 and I want $7,000 in lease cash after you discount the car first?? Everyone says no, you get the lease cash from finance, so is that step after I negotiate the car price and head to the green brimmed bean counter in the back to hammer out the financing?

How good of a deal is it to get one of these for $41,000 no kidding? Will we be able to find them in the used market for that price anytime soon you think?
Hey there [MENTION=985]yumdump[/MENTION]! Welcome to the forum!

We have quite a few threads where we've talked about all of the details of the process but in summary, yes. LOL

The incentives are free for everyone that has credit to qualify for them. The reality is that the $50k Stinger that you want will be $43k after the lease incentive and you should be able to get another $2k off of the car without too much trouble.

As for used ones, I don't know of too many folks giving up on their Stingers this soon.

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
That seems like a screaming deal. How long will that lease cash back rebate go on for?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
That seems like a screaming deal. How long will that lease cash back rebate go on for?
That, my friend, is the $1,000,000 question! LOL

At lease until next Monday.

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I?m guessing the strategy is to get these on the road even at a loss so they can gain some traction?

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I?m guessing the strategy is to get these on the road even at a loss so they can gain some traction?
I don't think they are taking a loss... They earn that lease cash back, and then some, due to the MF. The few that are buying out the lease may skew it a bit, though.

-Matt

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Makes sense

Went to World Car KIA in San Antonio today. They offered $500 off MSRP on the fully loaded AWD GT2. I am not impressed. I told them to email me if they changed their mind and walked out in a friendly but decisive manner.

What next? That?s a pathetic discount.