Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I have not seen anyone say the dealer approved the lease rebate on a purchase unless they did the single pay lease buyout. There are many posts on the contrary.
I just bought mine by financing. Signed the papers. Never paid a single monthly payment. Went to the Kia Leasing web site. Printed out a buyout sheet. Sent the check in. Done deal. There is a buyout amount link on the Kia Finance web page. It was not a "purchase" it was a "finance" with a single payout buyout. Same thing. You just have to play the finance game and sign the finance papers. Once you have an account and account number, you can access the buyout amount from the buyout link at any time and pay it off whenever you like.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I just bought mine by financing. Signed the papers. Never paid a single monthly payment. Went to the Kia Leasing web site. Printed out a buyout sheet. Sent the check in. Done deal. There is a buyout amount link on the Kia Finance web page. It was not a "purchase" it was a "finance" with a single payout buyout. Same thing. You just have to play the finance game and sign the finance papers. Once you have an account and account number, you can access the buyout amount from the buyout link at any time and pay it off whenever you like.
And they gave you a rebate that was only available on a lease??

Mind breaking down your entire deal for us? That would be super beneficial to be able to get the rebate and 0.9% financing vs the equivalent almost 5% MF on a lease.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
The finance rate was something like 7%, not 0.9% which is a different deal. I didn't care what the financing rate was because I don't pay interest to anyone on anything. I'll say it again.

1) Finance the car at 7% (or whatever it was)
2) Get $7,000 rebate on the finance deal which determines the amount to be financed (This is direct from Kia and has nothing to do with the dealer who shouldn't be involved with the rebate -- unless you're stupid enough to sign the rebate over to the dealer to play with)
3) Wait until your account number is available online at Kia Financing
4) Click on the Buyout link on the Kia Financing page and it will show you the buyout price
5) Send check for full buyout instead of first month's financing.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
And they gave you a rebate that was only available on a lease??

Mind breaking down your entire deal for us? That would be super beneficial to be able to get the rebate and 0.9% financing vs the equivalent almost 5% MF on a lease.

-Matt

He signed a lease contract and then bought it out.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
The finance rate was something like 7%, not 0.9% which is a different deal. I didn't care what the financing rate was because I don't pay interest to anyone on anything. I'll say it again.

1) Finance the car at 7% (or whatever it was)
2) Get $7,000 rebate on the finance deal which determines the amount to be financed (This is direct from Kia and has nothing to do with the dealer who shouldn't be involved with the rebate -- unless you're stupid enough to sign the rebate over to the dealer to play with)
3) Wait until your account number is available online at Kia Financing
4) Click on the Buyout link on the Kia Financing page and it will show you the buyout price
5) Send check for full buyout instead of first month's financing.
You did what I'm talking about... Leased it and did a single pay payoff. You leased it and didn't "buy" it.

-Matt

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger Premium AWD
You did what I'm talking about... Leased it and did a single pay payoff. You leased it and didn't "buy" it.

-Matt
It's not a lease. I did the same thing this other guy did. It's a balloon finance deal, not a lease. This is a standard purchase, but it's structured as a balloon payment, so for me, I financed 3 years at 6.9% with a balloon payment of pretty much the entire balance at the last payment. I did it this way because I wanted to pay cash, but they couldn't give me the lease cash bonus if I did that. HOWEVER, Kia allows lease cash to also be used for balloon financing. Little hidden secret there.

So I got a Stinger Premium for $2000 off MSRP and another $6600 lease cash off. My out the door total (including tax) for an AWD Premium with Drive Wise was $36800. MSRP was $42200

As soon as my account gets setup on Kia Finance, I'm just going to pay the whole thing off.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
It's not a lease. I did the same thing this other guy did. It's a balloon finance deal, not a lease. This is a standard purchase, but it's structured as a balloon payment, so for me, I financed 3 years at 6.9% with a balloon payment of pretty much the entire balance at the last payment. I did it this way because I wanted to pay cash, but they couldn't give me the lease cash bonus if I did that. HOWEVER, Kia allows lease cash to also be used for balloon financing. Little hidden secret there.

So I got a Stinger Premium for $2000 off MSRP and another $6600 lease cash off. My out the door total (including tax) for an AWD Premium with Drive Wise was $36800. MSRP was $42200

As soon as my account gets setup on Kia Finance, I'm just going to pay the whole thing off.
So much of a secret Kia employees ([MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]) don't even know about it? Lol

-Matt

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger Premium AWD
So much of a secret Kia employees ([MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]) don't even know about it? Lol

-Matt

Must be because that's exactly what I did. Maybe my dealer is special ?\_(?)_/?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

-Matt

It's a lease. Top of the contract says so. Called a single pay. It's the same residual payment at the end.

Your dealer was misleading you.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger Premium AWD
It's a lease. Top of the contract says so. Called a single pay. It's the same residual payment at the end.

Your dealer was misleading you.

No it doesn't and no it's not. Trust me, I know what a lease is. It says "Retail Installment Contract / Simple Finance Charge". It doesn't say the word "Lease" anywhere, probably because it's not a lease, LOL.

The car is titled to me, not a lease company. Like I said, it's a balloon finance.

Bigkajs

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Update today
52395 MSRP
ALL rebates and lease discount of 11250
Car price of 41145 add 379 for doc fee
Total price now 41524 lease and pay off or refi back before or after first payment, verified no early penalty on early pay off. Also secured two refinance at the same dealer for 2.99 and or credit union for 2.65.

This looks much better

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
No it doesn't and no it's not. Trust me, I know what a lease is. It says "Retail Installment Contract / Simple Finance Charge". It doesn't say the word "Lease" anywhere, probably because it's not a lease, LOL.

The car is titled to me, not a lease company. Like I said, it's a balloon finance.
And I'm telling you, after almost 17 years of doing this, that it's a lease. Call it whatever you want to. Kia will NOT give the lease rebates unless you take the lease.

Sign into your account on kmfusa.com and see what it says for yourself. Not trying to argue with you, just don't want others getting confused by what you've been told by a dealer.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger Premium AWD
And I'm telling you, after almost 17 years of doing this, that it's a lease. Call it whatever you want to. Kia will NOT give the lease rebates unless you take the lease.

Sign into your account on kmfusa.com and see what it says for yourself. Not trying to argue with you, just don't want others getting confused by what you've been told by a dealer.
Thanks for telling me what my contract says [rolleyes] I have signed into my account on kfmusa and again, for the fourth time now, it's not a lease. But whatever. I'm done arguing with you. Anyway, for those people out there that are looking for a 3rd option, just google balloon auto loan. This isn't my dealer but a 5 second search found this article, which describes what me and others who wanted to pay cash have done: https://www.stevelanderskia.com/blog/2018/january/7/what-s-a-balloon-payment-plan.htm The main advantage to this over a lease is that my name is on the title (not a lease company), so at buyout time, there is not a transfer of ownership, therefore no additional sales taxes.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Finance with balloon payment is what I did. I signed the finance papers (at, what -- 7% or so), applied my "earnest money" to the first month's "payment," logged onto the Kia Finance web site once my account was active, clicked on the Buyout link, printed out the buyout payment amount, and sent a check for the buyout amount to Kia. Never paid a cent of interest.

I'm not saying you don't know your job, but perhaps the laws are different in different states regarding finance details and such. The rebate applies to both finance-balloon and to lease in Arkansas. Your state may very well be different.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thanks for telling me what my contract says [rolleyes] I have signed into my account on kfmusa and again, for the fourth time now, it's not a lease. But whatever. I'm done arguing with you. Anyway, for those people out there that are looking for a 3rd option, just google balloon auto loan. This isn't my dealer but a 5 second search found this article, which describes what me and others who wanted to pay cash have done: https://www.stevelanderskia.com/blog/2018/january/7/what-s-a-balloon-payment-plan.htm The main advantage to this over a lease is that my name is on the title (not a lease company), so at buyout time, there is not a transfer of ownership, therefore no additional sales taxes.
So, I will be the first to admit when I'm wrong. I want to apologize for my error.

After much conversation, I have come to learn that Kia does offer the balloon financing but only in certain states. From what we read, it is essentially the same thing as the single pay lease, just not structured as a lease, per say. Same residual at the end of 3 years, same amount of interest, just set as a lien holder instead of a lessor.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger Premium AWD
No problem, just trying to get options out there for people. I'm in Indiana, but purchased my car across the border in Illinois, so those rules must apply here as well.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
So can you do that same thing, but finace via, let's say a credit union?

-Matt

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
So can you do that same thing, but finace via, let's say a credit union?
As [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] and I mentioned above, check with the finance guy at your dealership and make sure the balloon finance deal is available in the state in which you purchase (not the state in which you license the car.) Then you could use either the balloon finance or lease to obtain the rebate (that comes from Kia and has nothing to do with the dealer price) and you should be able to finance the car outside. I don't know the details of how you obtain the cash to pay Kia or how that might work.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Similar to recent posts. $52500 MSRP, $3800 discount, took advantage of lease cash $7000, final $41,700. Plan to buy out lease. What a great deal!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Similar to recent posts. $52500 MSRP, $3800 discount, took advantage of lease cash $7000, final $41,700. Plan to buy out lease. What a great deal!
I'm really excited to see so many folks taking advantage of the system with using the lease cash as a step to ownership! LOL

It takes me so long to explain this to customers at the dealership. Hahaha