Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
And as for sales, definitely male-dominated. So far I have really only had one female customer with interest.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
[MENTION=176]Kiagal[/MENTION], You might be the first one to actually buy if you haven't already

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Credit where it's due. Very sharp, provided there isn't anything in the fine print to prohibit the buy back you describe but like you said I could be illegal to not allow a buy back. Hmm...
I came from a different perspective guys. Kia made the car and I said "I'LL TAKE ONE, WHERE DO I GET IN LINE". All this calculating is moot. I understand wanting to get a great deal. But the car is a great deal. As far as I'm concerned I saved $30000 vs an Audi A7 and got a better looking car to boot. I bought the 7 year 200K warranty and that will protect my resale value at time of sale. In between purchase and sell date I'm having fun fun fun. And let Kia have some dough to make another great car. I'll be in line for that one too. Maybe a killer hybrid Stinger. Call it the SHOCKER! LOL.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Credit where it's due. Very sharp, provided there isn't anything in the fine print to prohibit the buy back you describe but like you said I could be illegal to not allow a buy back. Hmm...
I came from a different perspective guys. Kia made the car and I said "I'LL TAKE ONE, WHERE DO I GET IN LINE". All this calculating is moot. I understand wanting to get a great deal. But the car is a great deal. As far as I'm concerned I saved $30000 vs an Audi A7 and got a better looking car to boot. I bought the 7 year 200K warranty and that will protect my resale value at time of sale. In between purchase and sell date I'm having fun fun fun. And let Kia have some dough to make another great car. I'll be in line for that one too. Maybe a killer hybrid Stinger. Call it the SHOCKER! LOL.
Congrats Steve O! Glad to keep seeing people really enjoying the car. I'm still saving. For me, this will be my most expensive car purchase by about $10k! A huge jump for me. Current car $24,995 (Mazda6 Touring w/Tech), and previous also $25,000 for Nissan Maxima. So from my perspective/pocket book, looking to maximize every penny.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
All good MarkyMark. I went 8 years with my Saab 9-5 AERO before getting back into a car payment. So I was expecting to have to pay 65 to 75 for what I wanted then the Stinger came along and the rest is history. Frankly I didn't see the value in paying 65 or 75 for a car lacking in personality spirit, style and exclusivity. So when the Stinger came a long, as they say... a no brainer.
As for you, I understand how important it is to be careful with money. Yet here you are wanting a car well beyond what you need. Join the club! LOL

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
All good MarkyMark. I went 8 years with my Saab 9-5 AERO before getting back into a car payment. So I was expecting to have to pay 65 to 75 for what I wanted then the Stinger came along and the rest is history. Frankly I didn't see the value in paying 65 or 75 for a car lacking in personality spirit, style and exclusivity. So when the Stinger came a long, as they say... a no brainer.
As for you, I understand how important it is to be careful with money. Yet here you are wanting a car well beyond what you need. Join the club! LOL
[MENTION=148]Steve O[/MENTION], how did your new suspension work out the back end control? Did it help? How does that work with the electronics working with the suspension? Does it just auto-adapt or does it think the old system is still in place?

Killa200

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Managed to nab a White GT1 RWD with the Advanced Driver Assistance Package and Red Interior Package a couple weeks ago in Tennessee at Kia of Chattanooga (loving the car ever since the test drive). Originally they had it listed for $46,255.

Total price after all fees, taxes, and addons: $49,955

Vehicle w/ ADA Package: $43,380
Tax: $2517
Fees and Tags: $709
Upgrade Warranty to 5yr / 100k on 100% of vehicle, $0 deduct: $2,452
5yr Premier Defense Paint Sealant (God the roads suck here!): $299
5yr Safe Key (Ask me how often I lose my keys...): $399
Window Anti-Theft etch (nabs me an Ins discount!): $199

Didn't feel too bad splurging for some of the extra protections considering I managed to essentially get the car at MSRP and have them throw in the $2K ADA package for free.

Had to take a slight hit on the trade in ( ~$1900 on a 2013 Optima SXL) but I've been eyeballing this car since concept drawings so I was all in lol. Plus I was coming up on the warranty on that car, so what better time to trade it in :)

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Managed to nab a White GT1 RWD with the Advanced Driver Assistance Package and Red Interior Package a couple weeks ago in Tennessee at Kia of Chattanooga (loving the car ever since the test drive). Originally they had it listed for $46,255.

Total price after all fees, taxes, and addons: $49,955

Vehicle w/ ADA Package: $43,380
Tax: $2517
Fees and Tags: $709
Upgrade Warranty to 5yr / 100k on 100% of vehicle, $0 deduct: $2,452
5yr Premier Defense Paint Sealant (God the roads suck here!): $299
5yr Safe Key (Ask me how often I lose my keys...): $399
Window Anti-Theft etch (nabs me an Ins discount!): $199

Didn't feel too bad splurging for some of the extra protections considering I managed to essentially get the car at MSRP and have them throw in the $2K ADA package for free.

Had to take a slight hit on the trade in ( ~$1900 on a 2013 Optima SXL) but I've been eyeballing this car since concept drawings so I was all in lol. Plus I was coming up on the warranty on that car, so what better time to trade it in :)
Payment?

-Matt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Killa200

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
$705 on a 75 @ 3.9% (There some cash down in that as well). Didn't hurt my feelings to bad because I'll more than likely refi again at the local bank I use for under 3% in a few months. (This was my bad, I just happen to be in Chattanooga with a friend that was in from the UK and we were like "Oooh, lets go look at a the Stingers they have in" earlier that day. So I didn't get a chance to just straight finance it at my bank.)

Funny story though, we drove a silver base around at first (They also had a black Premium 2.0T on the floor) and then when we got back I asked if they had anything in 3.3T. "Well the manager is in our White GT1, he left home a bit ago." I said told them if they could get me out the door at $700 a month, I would hope he didn't mind bringing me my car back to the lot. He did not mind at all, lol.

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
$705 on a 75 @ 3.9% (There some cash down in that as well). Didn't hurt my feelings to bad because I'll more than likely refi again at the local bank I use for under 3% in a few months. (This was my bad, I just happen to be in Chattanooga with a friend that was in from the UK and we were like "Oooh, lets go look at a the Stingers they have in" earlier that day. So I didn't get a chance to just straight finance it at my bank.)

Funny story though, we drove a silver base around at first (They also had a black Premium 2.0T on the floor) and then when we got back I asked if they had anything in 3.3T. "Well the manager is in our White GT1, he left home a bit ago." I said told them if they could get me out the door at $700 a month, I would hope he didn't mind bringing me my car back to the lot. He did not mind at all, lol.
Congrats! Did you purchase yours from Kia of Chattanooga?

Killa200

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I did. Great service there too.

Bigkajs

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Price negotiation

MSRP - US - 52395
GT2 with rear mat option
Micro blue
Talked to dealer today so far best price is 4250 off at 48145
They want to add doc fee of 379.00
Total price out the door 48524

Good or bad

I have 800 plus credit score but they are saying that the 750.00 incentive I can?t get the 1.9% financing, I have to take 1.9 and drop the 750 or keep the 750 off price and finance at 2.9%.
Price seems to be high still
Should be able to get 5000 off and 1.9% financing
Any suggestions?

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
MSRP - US - 52395
GT2 with rear mat option
Micro blue
Talked to dealer today so far best price is 4250 off at 48145
They want to add doc fee of 379.00
Total price out the door 48524

Good or bad

I have 800 plus credit score but they are saying that the 750.00 incentive I can?t get the 1.9% financing, I have to take 1.9 and drop the 750 or keep the 750 off price and finance at 2.9%.
Price seems to be high still
Should be able to get 5000 off and 1.9% financing
Any suggestions?
Not even close to good. Look into switching it up on them with those numbers to a lease and do the single pay trick.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bigkajs

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Thank you I will keep looking - I tried to talk the dealer off on a purchase price and drop the 7500 off but not lease.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Thank you I will keep looking - I tried to talk the dealer off on a purchase price and drop the 7500 off but not lease.
You'll only get the lease incentive if you lease. It's obviously way more aggressive vs the purchase incentive of $750. The trick is you purchase it anyway... Getting to actually keep the lease cash vs an actual lease.

-Matt

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
You'll only get the lease incentive if you lease.
Not true. You can get the big rebate ($7,000 on a GT2 this month) if you either lease OR finance the car. I signed the finance papers, got the rebate, went online to the Kia Finance site and got the payout figure and sent them a check. If you don't have the cash to buy it outright, arrange for alternate financing from another source and pay it off. Kia rates are around 7% (if I remember) which isn't unfair, but if you can pay it off, it doesn't matter if you lease or finance. You just can't get the rebate unless you use one of those two options. A straight cash buy doesn't work. Been there, tried that, but had to sign the papers and play the game.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Not true. You can get the big rebate ($7,000 on a GT2 this month) if you either lease OR finance the car. I signed the finance papers, got the rebate, went online to the Kia Finance site and got the payout figure and sent them a check. If you don't have the cash to buy it outright, arrange for alternate financing from another source and pay it off. Kia rates are around 7% (if I remember) which isn't unfair, but if you can pay it off, it doesn't matter if you lease or finance. You just can't get the rebate unless you use one of those two options. A straight cash buy doesn't work. Been there, tried that, but had to sign the papers and play the game.
Show me that. Site shows the same $6700 on lease and $750 on purchase. The rates from last month haven't changed as far as I know.

*Edit* You must be looking at AWD vs RWD. I see that has $7000.

-Matt

Last edited:

Bigkajs

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Thanks , I am checking all of my options today and I am speaking with the dealer finance manager all about it this morning.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Show me that. Site shows the same $6700 on lease and $750 on purchase. The rates from last month haven't changed as far as I know.

*Edit* You must be looking at AWD vs RWD. I see that has $7000.
I didn't see the whole schedule. I do know that in March, the rebate on at GT2 AWD was $7,200 and that dropped to $7,000 in April. I don't know what the amounts were on lower trim levels but I'm sure they were lower.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I didn't see the whole schedule. I do know that in March, the rebate on at GT2 AWD was $7,200 and that dropped to $7,000 in April. I don't know what the amounts were on lower trim levels but I'm sure they were lower.
I have not seen anyone say the dealer approved the lease rebate on a purchase unless they did the single pay lease buyout. There are many posts on the contrary.

-Matt