Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I'm getting close to just keeping the G8 GT ....
In life, there are a couple things one must do... one of them is to own a Holden/G8/SS/Ute. I advise, respectfully, to stop with the foolishness and keep that car. Thank you

Dan

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
In life, there are a couple things one must do... one of them is to own a Holden/G8/SS/Ute. I advise, respectfully, to stop with the foolishness and keep that car. Thank you

Dan
Well, I own two of the Holden masterpieces -- an '05 GTO 6-speed, and the -08 G8 GT. The GTO will probably die with me. Both have been totally repair-free. Perfectly amazing cars.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Update after my rant from yesterday. I found a dealer who will order me a GT1 at $1,000 under MSRP. Huge differences between quotes on this car - over $2,500. Just couldn't see the $5,000 value difference between the GT2 and the GT1 just for the seat and a couple other minor things.

I won't advertise for this dealer, but anyone in the four-state area at the corner of Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, I'll share the dealer name.

Now I wait .... and wait .... and wait .... late Feb. or early March.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Update after my rant from yesterday. I found a dealer who will order me a GT1 at $1,000 under MSRP. Huge differences between quotes on this car - over $2,500. Just couldn't see the $5,000 value difference between the GT2 and the GT1 just for the seat and a couple other minor things.

I won't advertise for this dealer, but anyone in the four-state area at the corner of Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, I'll share the dealer name.

Congrats!

cazwizzle

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The invoice price list posted here at https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/640-Complete-Kia-Stinger-Invoice-Price-List was INCREDIBLY helpful to me when negotiating!

1. 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD with MSRP of $51,400, but I negotiated sale price of $48,200.
2. Additional options, add-ons, etc: $65 gap insurance
3. 8% NYS sales tax on $49,100 ($48,200 + $900 destination) = $3,928
4. Dealer fees: $75 documentation fee + $169 NYS DMV registration/plates + $10 NYS state inspection + $12.50 NYS waste tire fee = $331.50
5. Purchased from Fucillo Kia, Clay, NY in US.
6. No ADM nonsense of any kind.
7. FINAL out the door price: $53,294.50 (financed at 0.9% for 60 months with $65 down)

Last edited:
Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
I'm no lease guy, but have you considered using the Lease Cash as an option? For the GT1, it's $5,800... Get the dealer to knock off that $1,000 and that's $6,800 you are now playing with.

What the "lease cash" (from Kia Financial) does is lower the MSRP. The GT1 MSRP is USD $43,250 - $1,000 + Lease Cash of $5,800 = $36,450 (which is called the Capital Cost).

The "Residual Cost" is 53% of MSRP: $22,923

The difference between the Capital Cost (your negotiated price of the car) and the Residual Cost is what would be financed in a 36 months loan. The interest rate (AKA money factor) for the 36 months is .00200%. You must multiple this by 2400, which means the rate is a horrible 4.8%. Thus, $404 a month for 36 months is your payment (financed $13,527 - the difference between the Capital Cost and Residual Cost). The outlay is $14,551. Thus you paid just under 1k in interest.

Now, there are a few more steps, a few more fees, which can add to a total of $2500 - $3,000 total, but in no way does it add up to the $4,800 they are giving you.

I just attended the Portland Auto Show and a local dealer said I can do this, and I can do it same-day. Lease and pay off, then purchase.

Only about 2% of people do this, maybe less, because no one really understands this or knows about it or thinks to take advantage of it. It's certainly a LOT more complicated, but you can even get $7,200 lease cash back on a GT2 AWD, w/a residual of $52%.

Some of this is negotiable. I believe the "reserve" interest rate of .0004% (about .96%) is what is baked inside the 4.8% rate and is bank the dealer makes, or can dicker with to lower the monthly rate.

Hopefully this massive lease cash deals continue. A 2.0L Premium has a $6,700 in Lease Cash. Wow.

80% of people just lease and look to get the lowest monthly payment, not understanding how to negotiate that or anything. Just lease 30-36 months, turn in the case, rinse and repeat. Then they take that car and re-lease (Mercedes dealers do this all the time... Ugh..) or finance to purchase as used. Wow.

NOTE: The lease programs also finance the residual cost of the car and bake that into the first 36 months I believe. Ugh. No wonder banks LOVE leases (often called fleeces).

My understanding is come programs want you to hold onto the lease for most of the term (or you'll get bigger fees), while others vice versa. So you'll need to understand the paperwork.

I'm waiting for this fall/early winter to see what's on the lots and what kind of - hopefully - aggressive programs Kia Financial comes up with.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The invoice price list posted here at https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/640-Complete-Kia-Stinger-Invoice-Price-List was INCREDIBLY helpful to me when negotiating!

1. 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD with MSRP of $51,400, but I negotiated sale price of $48,200.
2. Additional options, add-ons, etc: $65 gap insurance
3. 8% NYS sales tax on $49,100 ($48,200 + $900 destination) = $3,928
4. Dealer fees: $75 documentation fee + $169 NYS DMV registration/plates + $10 NYS state inspection + $12.50 NYS waste tire fee = $331.50
5. Purchased from Fucillo Kia, Liverpool, NY in US.
6. No ADM nonsense of any kind.
7. FINAL out the door price: $53,359.50 (financed at 0.9% for 60 months with $0 down)

Congrats

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
AutoByTel has the invoice pricing, but NOT for accessories like this link has. Fantastic! Thanks - and congrats!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive

Agreed, but there is a pause I hope you didn't miss...

? Limited Slip Differential (most won't ever notice)
? Auto Dimming Side Mirrors
? High Beam Assist
? Heads Up Display (Okay, that is a massively cool feature - and you can change it's colors)

Not seemingly a big, big deal, BUT there is one thing I think Kia's website is kinda screwed up on, which does not clearly outline something between the GT 1 and GT 2 (US site anyways). The GT 2 comes with the Kia Drive Wise Package, while the GT1 does not. That represents $2,000...

It is buried under Features Tab/Interior... NOT under Safety. Sheesh...

The ONE give-away something is different between the GT 1 and GT 2 is the fact Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers are listed in the "Exterior" section with the GT 2. That's the one nod something is wrong/different between the GT 1 and GT 2 because the ONLY way you can get Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers are with the Drive Wise Package. That Package comes STANDARD with the GT 2, but must be ordered for the GT 1.

The Drive Wise Package Includes:

? Blind Spot Monitoring
? Rain Sensing Wipers
? Cross Lane Traffic Alert
? Forward Collision Warning
? Forward Collision Avoidance
? Advanced Smart Cruise Control w/Stop and Go
? Lane Departure Warning System
? Lane Keep Assist
? Driver Attention Warning System

So, really this is the big difference between the GT 1 and GT 2 that I can see.

Hope that helps. But Kia's site is screwed up in it's presentation with this information. If I select the GT 1 "Build & Price" then click on NEXT STEP, the Drive Wise Package is PROMINANTELY listed as the next option. But only once you are building a car does this become abundantly clear...

Hope that helped someone.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
The LSD is not needed with AWD which is why it's not included with that drivetrain. I did order the DriveWise package, so there is very little I'm missing. I did omit the HUD but had it on the '00 Pontiac GrandPrix GTP. Seldom used it. It made windshield replacement about 3X expensive because they have some kind of special reflective film for the HUD. Just wasn't worth $5,000 to me.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ah, well if you have the Drive Wise Package, you nailed it. Congrats!!!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Signed for a GT2 AWD tonight. Purchase price of $49,095 was 500 below invoice before the application of any fees, lease cash, etc.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Congrats! Nice work on the below invoice!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congrats! Nice work on the below invoice!
Thanks! I wish I could chalk it up to my superior negotiating skills, but, alas, it was just the straight-up Costco pricing.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Signed for a GT2 AWD tonight. Purchase price of $49,095 was 500 below invoice before the application of any fees, lease cash, etc.
Very nice, congrats.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I've read a lot about Costco pricing here. What is it, exactly? Does a person just go and get a membership to Costco and a participating dealer knock thousands off their asking price? Will any level membership work? Do you have to be a member for a certain amount of time before using it? Is there a list of participating dealers? (without a membership I can't search for dealers)

I don't have a Costco within 75 miles of me but I'd get a membership if it would save me thousands.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I've read a lot about Costco pricing here. What is it, exactly? Does a person just go and get a membership to Costco and a participating dealer knock thousands off their asking price? Will any level membership work? Do you have to be a member for a certain amount of time before using it? Is there a list of participating dealers? (without a membership I can't search for dealers)

I don't have a Costco within 75 miles of me but I'd get a membership if it would save me thousands.
Depending on the region, some dealers will beat or match Costco pricing as long as you mention the price. You can have a friend with a membership find out the price and call a dealer asking if they'll beat Costco pricing.

Costco has special pricing programs where they'll sell you a car at close to invoice. As long as you have a membership number you can get the Costco deal, so it doesn't matter if you are a new member.

You can get the membership online
https://www.costco.com/join-costco.html

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
@ rooSTer has it right. I submitted a request for pricing via the Costco auto site. Then they contacted an affiliated dealer in the region. That dealer called me up, texted me a picture of the invoice and said "the Costco price is $500 less than that." I was working with a different dealer, which was closer to my house. I asked them if they could match Costco pricing, and they could not (or would not, with most Stingers still fetching close to or above MSRP).

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I think a lot of it depends on whether you want a car on the lot/showfloor, want financing, leasing, or you can pay cash. If the deal is by phone or e-mail and you don't spend salesman time driving the car, just getting a quotation, and if the dealer has a lower overhead (rural), you can usually do better than MSRP even on a new release vehicle. High volume dealers are a dice-roll. They get extra kickbacks for volume, but they usually have big fancy showrooms and a lot of expensive overhead to cover. I got bids from 3 dealers and saved $2,500 over the high bid, so there is a huge difference if you shop around and can pay cash.

cazwizzle

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I?m confused. [MENTION=8]StingerMike[/MENTION] posted invoice pricing on cars, accesories, etc. ?2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD - Invoice $48,213.00, MSRP $51,400.00? and destination fee is $900. So invoice pricing with destination appears to be $49,113.

Did your Costco price of $49,095 include destination? $500 under invoice on the GT2 AWD would appear to be $48,613 with destination or $47,713 without destination.

What am I missing?