Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

3.3 Stinger power development

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #121
Hey guys. Happy New Year to everyone. So sorry for lack of updates, we are crazy busy at shop around xmas and new years. Ok so we havent done much more on the Stinger except finalising pricing for intakes, cooler kit and exhaust. Hopefully we have the ecu cracked and will be looking at tuning in the next week or two. I will post some prices n pics on the kits very shortly for you guys in the US. We are just working out freight costs atm. Will keep you guys updated, hoping to run an 11 sec et before end of month :)

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Hey guys. Happy New Year to everyone. So sorry for lack of updates, we are crazy busy at shop around xmas and new years. Ok so we havent done much more on the Stinger except finalising pricing for intakes, cooler kit and exhaust. Hopefully we have the ecu cracked and will be looking at tuning in the next week or two. I will post some prices n pics on the kits very shortly for you guys in the US. We are just working out freight costs atm. Will keep you guys updated, hoping to run an 11 sec et before end of month :)
Thanks for the update [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thanks for the update, pics pics pics!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Looks great [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]. What size IC piping did you go with? How much bigger is compared to the OEM?

Also in regards to the intake pipes, why did you decide to go with that design instead of something like the K&N, with less bends and shorter pipe length?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Heres a couple more pics then :)
I see you changed the T-Plenum were the two turbo outlets join, is it a Y-Plenum now for better flow or did you just make the pipes larger or both?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Happy new year to you too. Please don't forget to share some videos on your runs.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #128
Looks great [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]. What size IC piping did you go with? How much bigger is compared to the OEM?

Also in regards to the intake pipes, why did you decide to go with that design instead of something like the K&N, with less bends and shorter pipe length?
We went with this design as we wanted to run a much larger filter and we also wanted to put more filter area in the ducting for cool air. It worked quite well and picked up a fair bit more power than other intakes we have seen

We ramped up the hot side piping slightly to 2.5" and then went to 3" on the cold side :)

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #129
I see you changed the T-Plenum were the two turbo outlets join, is it a Y-Plenum now for better flow or did you just make the pipes larger or both?
We made significant changes here. The factory splitter is quite restrictive and we have built it as a merged y pipe. We also increased sizing to dual 2.5" :)
Here's a pic for you

Attachments

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
We made significant changes here. The factory splitter is quite restrictive and we have built it as a merged y pipe. We also increased sizing to dual 2.5" :)
Here's a pic for you
The factory piping looks pretty meaty. LOL

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
looks great! In for pricing

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
when will pricing be avalilabe

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Here's a pic for you
Thats excellent. So let me get this straight,

Hot pipe - Dual 2.5" pipes into single 2.5" pipe via Y-Pipe merge, then into intercooler 2.5" inlet.
Cold pipe - Out of the intercooler 3" outlet and into 3" piping to throttle body.

correct?

FYA, more pics please.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Here's a pic for you
Wow[unbelieveable]

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #135
Just trying to finalise freight costs to the states for you guys. Will hopefully have an answer for you guys today ??

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #136
Just trying to finalise freight costs to the states for you guys. Will hopefully have an answer for you guys today ????

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Wow, that OEM pipe is quite restrictive.

Shtinger

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited AWD
how do i buy your intakes? [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]
i have paypal ready

thanks!

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #139
Hi guys. Still waiting for freight pricing to be finalised as they can vary quite a bit. Trying to get the best deal between freight providers. Also will be setting up a paypal account. Nearly there, my apologies for the hold up

ma1tr!x

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2013 Veloster Turbo
I am liking what I am seeing. Might have to pop down for a visit, I'm up Tea Tree Gully way :)