Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

3.3 Stinger power development

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Here's a video of the exhaust system provided by [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION][clap]
[video=youtube;MVQQpt21Doc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVQQpt21Doc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Great job on both power gains and exhaust [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Hey everyone. So sorry for lack of updates. Been hetic busy. So we have fitted up our Lap3 uncle chip. Gave us exactly 3psi more. Picked up 37rwkw though which is pretty good. Best results will be when we have sorted the reflash. It has pretty heavy torque reduction in 1st n 2nd gears. Also wont let you stand on brake and warm the rear tyres so drags this friday will be fun. Just about to do a vid of the exhaust sound too for those interested. Will keep you all posted regarding the drags this friday

Kindest regards Jon
Thanks for the update, after seeing the results on PROSS instagram I was hoping you would gain 60rwkw +/- from the chip alone.

What fuel are you running and did the setting in the chip match the fuel?

Did it hold boost to redline better than stock?

Good luck at the drag!

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #84
Thanks for the update, after seeing the results on PROSS instagram I was hoping you would gain 60rwkw +/- from the chip alone.

What fuel are you running and did the setting in the chip match the fuel?

Did it hold boost to redline better than stock?

Good luck at the drag!
I was really hoping too aswell. I thought we would be looking at around 50 to 60rwkw from what i had seen. Boost curve is almost identicle to factory except 15psi not 12psi.

Yup first thing i did was check the settings and its on 666 for the highest octane. We have 98 octane here but i run it on 100octane.

I believe Lap3 have done a dual chip install? Was thinking about it but its getting rather expensive then. Reflash should be sorted soon. Need to get rid of the heavy torque reduction low down with a flash.

Kindest regards Jon

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #86
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
No not at all. It wasnt offerd and it wasnt till i looked into it further that i saw a twin chip is available. Will be seeing if i can get one as reflash is still few weeks away
I see.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
No not at all. It wasnt offerd and it wasnt till i looked into it further that i saw a twin chip is available. Will be seeing if i can get one as reflash is still few weeks away
Agree, save your money and do it right with the reflash.

My butt dyno sometimes tells me the car in 3rd pulls stronger than 2nd, never thought it could be torque reduction.

How is the torque controlled in 1st and 2nd, by boost or timing or throttle?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Reflash by Lap3 right?

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #90
Agree, save your money and do it right with the reflash.

My butt dyno sometimes tells me the car in 3rd pulls stronger than 2nd, never thought it could be torque reduction.

How is the torque controlled in 1st and 2nd, by boost or timing or throttle?

It sure does pull hard in third. If it was that much torque in 1st n 2nd thing would be an animal. Would say its prob timing? Or throttle not too sure until we get the ecu open to read

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Nope we are working on reflash here in Australia ??
Will this just be a custom tune for you or will they make it available to the public too?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Rio
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates. Been flat out with work. Anyway we spent the day desiging and building our Stinger cai. Really happy with how it has come out.

The factory ducting isnt the best as the intake sits under the big black plastic garnish over rad support with only about 1/4" of clearance to breath through. We removed the factory ductinf and built our own to sit behind the grille and feed lots of cold air to the filters. We have chosen to run a 4" inlet filter leading to 3" pipework to the turbos.

The Stinger feels much stronger and more responsive with a nice whistle from the twin snails. Hoping to get it onto the dyno in the next day or so.

Will keep you all updated. Here are some pics :)

Kindest regards Jon
Those intakes look pretty beefy now. Much better than the stock intake looks.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Cooler development begins :)
[MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] do you know if the crash bars are the same in Australia and the US?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Rio
Looks like it might be a couple of inches too long at the bottom.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #100
Hey guys. So sorry for the late reply. Been crazy busy with work. So the cooler fitted up great. It will be our stage 1 entry level kit. Car made 293rwkw but started breaking down. Thought it may be due to plug gap so we dropped plugs to .7mm for the drags. Btw when we had the inlet manifold off to change plugs.......just wow. The inlet ports were amazing. Like something from a motorbike engine. Very nice :)

So we did a couple of passes down the strip and still had some missfire issues. So first pass we took pretty easy and backed off at the 1000ft mark. It went 12.5 at 100mph with a 2sec 60ft. Did one more run with it missing thru 3rd n 4th and went 12.3@114mph with a 1.98 60ft. I believed the miss could be due to the position of the tmap we placed on the new cooler pipe. But after some discussion with another company today who rang me i believe it may be a different problem. They have developed a full exhaust n down pipes with 100cell cats and are experiencing the same misding problem. I think we may gave reached the limit if the factory tune in the ecu. What i think is happening is it is maxing out the torque table and limiting engine power. The miss sounds like the torque reduction used on gear changes by many manufacturers. Will hopefully have some info on it soon. We are having a play with some software later this week that may be able to efit the factory tune. We will see anyway. Still not too bad making close to 300rwkw and running a very lazy 12.3. I think it has a high 11 pass in it when Im not scared to fully open it up. Just didnt want to go full noise until we sort this missfire. Will keep ypu all updated with progress:)

Attachments