Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

3.3 Stinger power development

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #41
Any plans to go with a sealed box design that uses carbon fiber instead of a metal heat shield? Something like this.
Definately :) This is the first protype. We always continually improve our designs as we process data and try different setups

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Corvette Z06, 2018 Stinger GT
Definately :) This is the first protype. We always continually improve our designs as we process data and try different setups
Looking forward to getting the final version.[like]

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Any idea on the pricing yet for both exhaust and intake?

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
[MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] I was comparing your intake with the K&N noticed on yours there's an extra 290 degree bend in the tube right after the filter. Have you tested to see if this causes any adverse affect on airflow as opposed to a single 90 degree bend? I know your filters are much larger than the K&N but just wanted to throw it out there to get your expert opinion. Thanks.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
When can we expect to get some sound videos of these new bad boys?[biggrin]

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
[MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] I know you're getting lots of questions lol so I hate to add more, but can you let me know what turbos and the psi they are running at on the Stinger? I think they are Borg-Warner but I'm not sure which ones.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #48
Any idea on the pricing yet for both exhaust and intake?
Hey bud. Not too sure just yet but full exhaust turbo back with 100cell cats will probably be around $2400aud. Intake kit once finished will prob be around the $900aud. Still not sure 100% until we have final development jigged but i would imagine around there somewhere

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #49
[MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] I was comparing your intake with the K&N noticed on yours there's an extra 290 degree bend in the tube right after the filter. Have you tested to see if this causes any adverse affect on airflow as opposed to a single 90 degree bend? I know your filters are much larger than the K&N but just wanted to throw it out there to get your expert opinion. Thanks.

Personally i dont think it will make any difference. The filter is the restriction so i would much prefer a larger filter area. Will find out when it goes back on dyno ;)

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #50
When can we expect to get some
sound videos of these new bad boys?[biggrin]
Will try n get out there to take some vids tomoz for ya ;)

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #51
[MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] I know you're getting lots of questions lol so I hate to add more, but can you let me know what turbos and the psi they are running at on the Stinger? I think they are Borg-Warner but I'm not sure which ones.
The turbos are Garretts definately. As for which ones im not too sure. I will try and find out what the p/n is. The standard boost is 12 psi.......Boost gauge goes to 40psi though!!!! Yeeehaaaa :)

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
The turbos are Garretts definately. As for which ones im not too sure. I will try and find out what the p/n is. The standard boost is 12 psi.......Boost gauge goes to 40psi though!!!! Yeeehaaaa :)
Very naught of KIA to put a 40psi gauge in there [cool]

Jclee0083

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
i'm loving this thread! just curious [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] have you started development of downpipes and an intercooler upgrade yet?

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #54
i'm loving this thread! just curious [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] have you started development of downpipes and an intercooler upgrade yet?
Not just yet. As we dont have reflash capabilities just yet we are doing it in stages then monitering air fuel ratios. The down pipes look awefully restrictive. Intercooler and down pipes will be the next mod ;)

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Hey bud. Not too sure just yet but full exhaust turbo back with 100cell cats will probably be around $2400aud. Intake kit once finished will prob be around the $900aud. Still not sure 100% until we have final development jigged but i would imagine around there somewhere
That translates to $1800 and $600 respectively which isn't bad. Hopefully shipping costs is going to be within reason.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
+1 would like to know too.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #57
Hey guys. Been trying to upload a video file og the cai. Not having much luck. Its posted on my fb business page Jonny Tig Industries. Dyno in morning so will let ypu guys know how it goes tomorrow:)

Kindest regards Jon

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Helped you embed the video here from FB [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]. All I can say is we need MOAR revving videos haha. Still sounds very nice.
[video=youtube_share;Dz4xtaQrsfs]https://youtu.be/Dz4xtaQrsfs[/video]

Hey guys. Been trying to upload a video file og the cai. Not having much luck. Its posted on my fb business page Jonny Tig Industries. Dyno in morning so will let ypu guys know how it goes tomorrow:)

Kindest regards Jon

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I like it and I agree we need a couple of revs to see if we can hear the turbos.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Will your exhaust system have a different tip? [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]