Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who's getting mud guards on their Kia Stinger?

Who's getting mud guards on their Kia Stinger?

• Yes OEM

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • Yes Aftermarket

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Ok thanks noelnav!

I?ll post close up pics when I?m done Kale808.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Would you mind posting some close-up photos of the front guards? Like to see how they look from the front.
Put guards on today. Very easy to install. They are very small and unintrusive. Here's some pics:

Front

C6011863-0FB1-417C-A842-0E150D582F71.jpg
53407F54-DC7E-4245-A0E5-D70F0604E961.jpg

Rear

F13AA22A-4DAC-4653-BA11-C6700F2B03AF.jpg
2BB134D1-BC35-4349-81BC-EBC18F6CDDC1.jpg

Barely visible from the front.

E0E0F676-CED8-4B00-A23D-4892FB48A8A9.jpg

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Definite YES (I have not acquired a Stinger yet) but I want to see what aftermarket solutions are on offer. I can't imagine not having them as they tend to really help against damage and the OEM ones appear pretty sharp and not gaudy.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Bought the OEM set and installed within days of getting the car. IMHO they are a Must Have. They cut down dirt and damage.

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Bought the OEM set and installed within days of getting the car. IMHO they are a Must Have. They cut down dirt and damage.

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.
Image with the oem guards installed.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Image with the oem guards installed.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Did you install it yourself or was it dealer? Plan on getting this soon.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I did, took about 10 minutes. The OEM kit includes the guards, replacement screws and an Allen wrench. Don't need to jack the car up either. Just turn the front wheels to install.
Did you install it yourself or was it dealer? Plan on getting this soon.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I did, took about 10 minutes. The OEM kit includes the guards, replacement screws and an Allen wrench. Don't need to jack the car up either. Just turn the front wheels to install.

Thanks Mike.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Very clean design. Looks good. IMO, I wouldn't have a car without them when available, as they are so effective. Nicely done OEM solution.

Purenv

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Anyone know where I can get these for a reasonable price in Australia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
What is reasonable? Kia OEM superstore has them for $36USD. DHL shipping for a 3# package is about $30USD. So, for around $70USD you can have a set in about a week.
Anyone know where I can get these for a reasonable price in Australia?

Purenv

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What is reasonable? Kia OEM superstore has them for $36USD. DHL shipping for a 3# package is about $30USD. So, for around $70USD you can have a set in about a week.

70$ would be great! I am watching on ebay and it would cost me AUD $180 ($130) delivered and take a month to get to me. Can you direct me to the sellers website.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
70$ would be great! I am watching on ebay and it would cost me AUD $180 ($130) delivered and take a month to get to me. Can you direct me to the sellers website.

I think he's referring to this site https://www.oemkiasuperstore.com/

Direct Product Link https://www.oemkiasuperstore.com/Stinger_Splash_Guards_p/j5f46-ac100-and-j5f46-ac200.htm

Same seller via Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Kia-Stinger-Splash-Guards/dp/B078J2X85L/

Purenv

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Sorry, my error on the price. They are actually $80USD. That's what I get for doing something in the middle of the night. My apologies.

Anyway, why not get someone Stateside to ship it to you? If you don't know anyone, you do know us!

If there is a will, there is a way.

Mike
All links don?t ship to Australia. Thanks for the suggestions.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
I paid USD 65 + 7.5% sales tax at a local dealer for the set. I guess it helped since I got wholesale pricing.

Installation is very easy. A short/stubby Phillips screw driver and a flat screw driver or a trim removal tool are all that are needed. Replace all fasteners with the ones supplied in the boxes (basically longer to accommodate the thickness of the mudguards). Front ones take about 5-10 minutes, the rears take slightly longer due to lack of space. While working on the rear, take a look at the brackets/retainers for the rear bumper cover (aft of mud guard), make sure that the plastic rivets are installed properly; mine were loose at one side (2 plastic rivets were improperly inserted).

John

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT AWD Limited
Thanks for the tips.

Tinter

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
GT 2019
What I like is that the OEM ones are designed perfectly for the car and you barely notice them at all.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I like is that the OEM ones are designed perfectly for the car and you barely notice them at all.
I agree, its the best looking one.