Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Production Exhaust Sound

OP
Steve O
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Thread Starter #21
Permanent.

G82GT

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
That blue one sounds horrible... Straight pipes maybe? ugh

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
That blue one sounds horrible... Straight pipes maybe? ugh
I think it was just quickly thrown together for SEMA. Even the engine was untouched.

OP
Steve O
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #25
The drift videos from the SEMA show sound darn close to the production exhaust on my Stinger. Those 'boy racer' exhausts for the SEMA customizations are not engineered. They sound BLAAHTT rather than VROOM because they are not tuned for the full range of pulse frequencies from the engine. Even the Borla sounds BLAAHTT. This can lead to drop outs in the HP/RPM power curve. Less so with turbos, but a tuning pitfall nonetheless.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I too was very disappointed with the exhaust setup and sound on the WCC Stinger.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
[video=youtube_share;2dhebtAsmaw]https://youtu.be/2dhebtAsmaw[/video]

Finally a good clip; startup, revs, driving, and take off...
Thanks for sharing that great clip, TurboTx! Yeah, I'm biased, but LOVE that Borla cat-back! Nice gravelly snarl and gorgeous to look at with the CF tips. For the record, this is a fully engineered system Borla developed just for Stinger in time for our SEMA debut, with their latest "polyphonic harmonizer" technology built in. Here's a less professional sound bite I grabbed before she went to Los Angeles Auto Show, along with some shot's from Borla's SEMA booth...

[video=youtube_share;NRpkMfdScoY]https://youtu.be/NRpkMfdScoY[/video]

Cheers!

Attachments

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Thanks for bumping this thread [MENTION=183]stingerhaus[/MENTION] , I've been wanting to ask you if the Borla tips came with the exhaust and if there are different designs.

Sarge2070

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
[MENTION=183]stingerhaus[/MENTION],

When is the Borla system going to be available to the public? Will it be available direct or will it have to be purchased through a KIA Dealership? I have heard it is the latter in other forums.

There seems to be a lot of positive interest in this exhaust system. I think many of us anxious to hear more about the specific details ... costs being a large question... tip options...drive by sound clips... etc.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
The way Borla is deploying this exhaust system through the dealers is really hurting their sales. [MENTION=264]kulachd[/MENTION] is the only member I've seen that has it on his Stinger.

Mops

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
[MENTION=183]stingerhaus[/MENTION],

When is the Borla system going to be available to the public? Will it be available direct or will it have to be purchased through a KIA Dealership? I have heard it is the latter in other forums.

There seems to be a lot of positive interest in this exhaust system. I think many of us anxious to hear more about the specific details ... costs being a large question... tip options...drive by sound clips... etc.
From what I've read here its through the dealer only.

Sarge2070

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Kulachd is a KIA sales guy from Fiesta KIA in New Mexico , I believe. In another forum he indicated he can order the Borla system for about $1500... no other details yet... number he lists is (505) 999-2700. I checked with my local dealer here in MN, LUTHER KIA and so far they don't have any info on the Borla system.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
dealer
all of you are correct, you have to be an authorized dealer/vendor of Stinger Haus to get the Borla. Currently I haven't seen another guy willing to sell them to public so I do think it is hurting Borla sales. I have said that 1500.00 Shipped is what it will cost to get it to you and I still stand by that. I have had one on my car for 650 miles and love it. the tips do not come with it FYI. if someone wants to order it my direct number at the store is 505-999-2792

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Kulachd is a KIA sales guy from Fiesta KIA in New Mexico , I believe. In another forum he indicated he can order the Borla system for about $1500... no other details yet... number he lists is (505) 999-2700. I checked with my local dealer here in MN, LUTHER KIA and so far they don't have any info on the Borla system.
I believe [MENTION=264]kulachd[/MENTION] actually owns the dealer and a Stinger, he's got a build thread here.
https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/1113-Fiesta-Build

As for buying the Borla system, [MENTION=183]stingerhaus[/MENTION] said they have some agreement that it has to be purchased through the dealers, which is terrible because a lot of the dealers have no idea who Stinger Haus is.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
all of you are correct, you have to be an authorized dealer/vendor of Stinger Haus to get the Borla. Currently I haven't seen another guy willing to sell them to public so I do think it is hurting Borla sales. I have said that 1500.00 Shipped is what it will cost to get it to you and I still stand by that. I have had one on my car for 650 miles and love it. the tips do not come with it FYI. if someone wants to order it my direct number at the store is 505-999-2792
How much is shipping to Phoenix AZ?

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
It's odd that Borla has decided to limit distribution through dealers. Aside from the Stingerhaus Aerodynamics parts, all other components like Intake, Suspension and Wheels can be purchased through other retailers.

OP
Steve O
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #37
To each his own. I like The Stinger exhaust as is. They nailed it. The video above is what it is. I understand wanting better than stock.
But I don't think the Borla system is. It doesn't sound tuned at all. It just sounds free flowing which means dips and flat spots in the RPM/HP curve. Maybe it is tuned... But it doesn't sound like it. Therefore it might as well be straight pipes.. Any Harley aficionados out there? LOL. No offence.

Sarge2070

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
STEVE O,
LOL... as a matter of fact, I own a rebuilt 2004 Harley Fatboy with aftermarket pipes ....Very Loud...Hahaha .... to each their own...have to admit , I am wrestling with the idea of adding a $1500 exhaust to a brand new $50 k car...

Sarge2070

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thanks for the reality check tho....

OP
Steve O
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #40
Drive it for a month first Sarge2070.

When my son was 3 years old one of those Harley's would go by and he'd say "stroker'. A Rice Rocket would go by (oops, am I not PC?) and he'd say "screamer". You Strokers suit hot rods and muscle cars. Say a Challenger with Fat Cat Pak or whateverrr... The Stinger falls into the 'screamer' category. So Welcome to the Stinger Camp! Maybe it's time to trade that Harley in on a GSXR (did I date myself again?)

In all seriousness, drive the Stinger for a month. I don't think you'll feel the need to change the exhaust. And if you do? To each his own!