Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

RaceChip USA Kia Stinger Tuning

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Yes. When investigating the power reserves of a car, we naturally consider the whole drive train.
Almost any car has power reserves. However, the Stinger GT has a lot of power potential. Please check our news article for more information: Performance tuning: RaceChip unleashes true potential of the Kia Stinger GT
For instance, a lack of service & maintenance and badass driving habits have a worse effect on the longevity of the drive train.

By the way, you can select different mappings on your RaceChip (roughly speaking a lower map results in less torque) or, if you purchased the App Feature, you can select differend driving modes:

View attachment 495
Can you explain the different mappings? Also how much does the app support cost, any subscription fee?

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
What are the fuel requirements? Spark plugs recommendations? Cost? And date available?
Interested in pricing and same questions as above from me too.

dropbear

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
c220
Is a tune available for e85 fuel?? Have you tested with that??

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Highly doubt it as E85 requires more fuel and depending in the power goal, bigger injectors, and timing needs to be changed as well.
We currently have yet to see the ECU flashed on the Stinger. Once that is dones we can then hope to have an E85 map.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
How about E20 or E30?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
It depends on the product you choose.

E.g. the RaceChip GTS comes with 7 fine tuning mappings. The maps depend on several variables (e.g. tuning dependence on rpm, power increase, torque increase), but as a rule of thumb you can say the higher the map the racier the tuning.

With the optional app feature, you can select three different stages or switch the tuning off (see picture in my previous post). However, if you wish to make fine-tuning adjustments to these settings, we?re able to adjust the settings for you - by simply providing them as a download file.
What's the ETA on the tune?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
I am sorry that my answers took so long. There are so many projects going on right now (exciting news about RaceChip in general I am not allowed to talk about yet).
Our German wiring harness supplier was not able to deliver, since they were running on capacity. We did not receive any information until now. The performance upgrade will be available (at the end of) next week!
As an apology and as a thank-you to this community I will try to negotiate a discount for this forum!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
What are the fuel requirements? Spark plugs recommendations? Cost? And date available?
In general, you can use the same fuel recommended by the manufacturer/Kia. Please be aware that they changed their recommendation for minimum octane to 91. Pleast do NOT use 87.
However, the better the fuel, the better for the car. We recommend using 93 octane.
Furthermore, we recommend following max settings depending on the fuel type:
91 octane: maximum Map 5
93 octane: maximum Map 7​
Of course, testing the other settings won?t harm your car, but in the long run I recommend following these suggestions. Otherwise, the engine might just not run as smooth as it should.

Spark plugs: We develop our tunings to fit the car in stock condition (incl. stock spark plugs). We did not have a single issue during the development as well as testing process. Spark plugs are usually never an issue when using RaceChip.
The pricing will be unveiled next week.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
this is the news I been waiting for, does anyone have evperience with race chip

dropbear

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
c220
Sooo no news on e85 tunes?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
'
Does it include the required software so that custom maps can be made, or are we just stuck with your box tunes?

Candidly.... e-tunes, email tunes, or whatever you want to call them are a really bad idea; many have tried, and it NEVER works well.

The question is, is your product a real piggy back ECU, complete with ability to modify fuel, timing, and boost maps, and the tuning software to go with it, or is it just another cheap sensor manipulator / "performance chip"?

If it is the later, save your snake oil.
The different mappings are predefined based on intensive testing and a lot of experience. For customizing the maps, you need to contact our customer service (if you got the app feature) or send the chip to us (if you do not have the app feature). We have a very broad customer base from techies to unexperienced people that are not interested in technological details. They just want a convenient and dead reliable solution. The more parameters a customer could change, the more he could also screw up, which may result in negative reputation in regard of the product (not to start to talk about questions of liability). In a nutshell, we want RaceChip to be a safe, convenient and reliable solution for more power, torque and driving pleasure. No matter how sophisticated and complex our technology is, for the customer it must be convenient and easy to handle. If you think your RaceChip does not have the best settings possible, you must spend some time with our customer support or get your car professionally remapped instead (in this case your settings will be set in stone).
RaceChip sells more than 100,000 performance upgrades each year and has more than 100 employees at three different locations (Stuttgart, Munich and Shanghai ? soon we will open a new office in a new continent). Our products are available in 135 countries. You don?t get this big and successful by selling ?snake oil?. If our customers are not satisfied with their purchase they can send it back within 30 days after receiving it and get a full refund.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Can you explain the different mappings? Also how much does the app support cost, any subscription fee?
The full technological details are a company secret and depend on the engine. You might get detailed information discussion this face to face with our engineers. The goal of the maps is to adapt parameters such as timing & boost and their dependency on other parameters such as revs. Because of the variation of standard factory models (e.g. it is normal that your car has 5% more or less hp than claimed by the manufacturer) the best fitting map could be different from vehicle to vehicle. If the customer is not satisfied we can adapt the parameters. This is a very rare case, usually customers contact us because there are curious.

As a rule of thumb, you can say the higher the map setting the higher the hp and torque output of your car. E.g. in Germany people often use map 3 to 5 for every day driving (especially for the higher torque which enables you to save fuel as well as faster and saver overtaking). For racing or even a joyride they switch to map 7.

The app itself is free. There is no subscription fee. We do not charge you for using our customer service e.g. to get your settings adapted. I recommend contacting us via email, because phone calls will cost you the normal landline and mobile phone charges.

Though, your RaceChip must be compatible. This means you must select the App feature on top to your product. Only if you selected the App feature, the RaceChip will contain necessary hardware such as a Bluetooth chip to be able to communicate with your smartphone. The App feature costs $50.

If you got the app feature you don?t have 7 different mappings, however you can select between the stages Efficiency, Sport and Race. Furthermore, you can turn the tuning off and select a warm-up timer. For further adaptions please contact our customer service.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
this is the news I been waiting for, does anyone have evperience with race chip
You'll have to wait a little bit for such reports, because our product is not available until next week.
We did not do much Kia tuning outside of Europe and Asia until now. In other forums (BMW, Mercedes, Audi), you'll find plenty of experiences. Recent postings are more meaningful, beacause we launched an all-new product generation in November 2017.
In Germany it is common to post experiences at indepented websites. Example: https://www.trustedshops.de/bewertung/info_X1CFDC3E5246F688855B6B5E710EAE164.html

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
went to their site and the chip is available to buy

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
How does the mapping work for sport, eco, etc when the car also has these settings? Looks interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
How does the mapping work for sport, eco, etc when the car also has these settings? Looks interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I hate to be that guy but why not..

Any group buy or early adopter pricing for being a test pilot?... lol