Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

RaceChip USA Kia Stinger Tuning

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
Hey [MENTION=405]ihatecats78[/MENTION], it's been a week with the FACTORY plugs gapped to .025~ like needed.

How are they running??? I've been waiting for someone to regap the factory NGK's to see how they work when set right.

PS-I HATE CATS TOO!!!!!! Can we be friends???? ;-)
Anybody who hates cats and likes Stingers meets my friend prerequisites... [rockon]

And so far the car is running great! Still pulling strong in every mode.

I ran a full day in race mode this week. I'm in Texas and it was 98 degrees, but it was perfect all day. I never would have dared run race mode in those conditions all day without the regap.

Most of the time I keep the RaceChip in sport and the car in comfort.. unless I see a potential challenge pulling up ; )

Time will tell how well this works overall, but so far I'm more than happy.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
So another update, hopefully I might help someone else that encounters this. The P0455 code came back two more times and I just cleared them while telling myself that I know I missed something somewhere when I did the plugs...

Well I looked and looked with no luck and then today I finally saw this:

View attachment 1032

It was a PITA to reconnect but I got it, hopefully that was it (I can't imagine another reason) and hopefully this helps someone else. Funny thing is that I don't even remember taking that connection apart!
Glad you caught that, thanks for posting the photo.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
So can someone tell me if adding octane booster to 91octane will cause issues? Will it be better or worst?

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
So can someone tell me if adding octane booster to 91octane will cause issues? Will it be better or worst?
The only problem I can see is knowing exactly how much octane you're truly getting with the octane booster. Personally I would just stick with the 91 tune.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
Is there such a thing as ?measurable octane boosting? additive. I see lots of ?octane boosters?, but I assume there is no regulation in making that claim, as I have seen many products that say ?Octane Boost?, but they all look and say different things???

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I thought higher octane is "better" cause its burns cleaner. I'm not saying I want to go 100oct. Over the counter octane booster will probably get you 92-93 max.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
I thought higher octane is "better" cause its burns cleaner. I'm not saying I want to go 100oct. Over the counter octane booster will probably get you 92-93 max.
Higher octane simply doesn't combust under pressure (knock). More compression or boost, higher octane required...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hey ya'll. I need a favor. Anyone with a [MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION], can you confirm that the racechip unit is "on" once the car is started? My problem is when I start the car and think the racechip unit is on instead its off and I would have to press the button on the unit to turn it on. Today when I gased up I pop the hood to makes sure it's on and it is but when I got home and pulled into the garage with the car on park I popped the hood with the car on and notice it turned off! i dont know if the display has a timer that just shuts itself off? So now when I get in I have to make sure the unit is on.

OP
Kale808

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #270
Anybody who hates cats and likes Stingers meets my friend prerequisites... [rockon]

I ran a full day in race mode this week. I'm in Texas and it was 98 degrees, but it was perfect all day. I never would have dared run race mode in those conditions all day without the regap.

Most of the time I keep the RaceChip in sport and the car in comfort.. unless I see a potential challenge pulling up ; )

Time will tell how well this works overall, but so far I'm more than happy.
Hows it been holding up [MENTION=405]ihatecats78[/MENTION]

Pouie

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Hey ya'll. I need a favor. Anyone with a [MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION], can you confirm that the racechip unit is "on" once the car is started? My problem is when I start the car and think the racechip unit is on instead its off and I would have to press the button on the unit to turn it on. Today when I gased up I pop the hood to makes sure it's on and it is but when I got home and pulled into the garage with the car on park I popped the hood with the car on and notice it turned off! i dont know if the display has a timer that just shuts itself off? So now when I get in I have to make sure the unit is on.
Just push a button on the unit and it will wake up the display. You don't have to go turn it on every time. If you want to change the mode, do that with the car on but the ignition off.