Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What Did You Do With Your Stinger Today?

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
You can also search for auto wrap companies in your area, I was quoted $375 to do the interior. I still have the doors and the silver strip across the front dash to do, will post when that is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Chris
That’s pretty awesome
I’ve never done anything like that before any tricks to pry the stuff loose or it’s fairly straightforward

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I'll take some photos and post with the parts that I need to point out, a day, two at most.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Today I installed the rear sway bar endlinks, the rear's are a lot easier to install then the fronts. My next mod is going to have too be sway bars. The rear sway bar looks like it belongs on a smart car, its tiny. [scratch]

20190416_141621.jpg

20190416_141646.jpg

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Spider, does that make the car more stiff? What is the purpose for that upgrade?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Spider, does that make the car more stiff? What is the purpose for that upgrade?

The stock endlinks have plastic ball joints and they have flex in them. I'm going to be upgrading to Eibach Swat Bars an the stock endlinks are to weak. The whiteline endlinks are metal ball joints, here are a couple of pictures on how the ball joints look on the stock endlinks…..

20190417_070558.jpg

20190417_070612.jpg

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2

Ideally you will upgrade both, sway bar links and sway bars at the same time. This will provide a very noticeable difference in the handling of the car, it will feel more planted during cornering and it will not affect ride comfort under normal driving conditions.

A great solution for those of us that don't like the squirrely rear end when going over road imperfections while making a turn, and don't want to purchase lowering springs.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Ideally you will upgrade both, sway bar links and sway bars at the same time. This will provide a very noticeable difference in the handling of the car, it will feel more planted during cornering and it will not affect ride comfort under normal driving conditions.

A great solution for those of us that don't like the squirrely rear end when going over road imperfections while making a turn, and don't want to purchase lowering springs.
Your right rob, I would have purchased both but it seems everybody is sold out of the Eibach sway bars so I have to wait.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Indeed. I hear the wait is almost a month for them to start selling again.

It's sad that they are the only ones currently making a sway bar for the Stinger. At least in the US.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I have heard that they will be shipping out product at the end of the month, I hope, keep your fingers crossed.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thanks spider for the overview, good stuff!

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
$7.50 exhaust tips: gloss black high heat engine block spray paint, 3 very light coats 20 mins apart, one med coat to finish. Hardest part was removing them, had to lossen bottom bumper to get them out from exhaust.

Last edited:

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
The stock endlinks have plastic ball joints and they have flex in them. I'm going to be upgrading to Eibach Swat Bars an the stock endlinks are to weak. The whiteline endlinks are metal ball joints, here are a couple of pictures on how the ball joints look on the stock endlinks…..

View attachment 2270

View attachment 2271
I just received my endlinks today. Sways are ordered but it sounds like they won't be shipping before June.

But based on the construction of the OEM endlinks, I tend to believe there'll be some perceived improvement from just the endlinks. Would like to hear any impressions!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I just received my endlinks today. Sways are ordered but it sounds like they won't be shipping before June.

But based on the construction of the OEM endlinks, I tend to believe there'll be some perceived improvement from just the endlinks. Would like to hear any impressions!
The Whiteline endlinks with the stock sway bar won't make a difference but if you had the eibach sway bars with the stock endlinks there would be a lot of flex in the endlinks because of the plastic ball joint and thin stock. With the Eibach sway bar and Whiteline Endlinks paired up there's NO flex, you will be one happy camper.

So they moved the sway bars back to June now! That's sucks

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States

That’s awesome kazz
Can u please tell about ur experience of ride quality comparison before and and after
Looking forward to it

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Pchek,
I took out the entire console and took all the pieces apart to make sure I wrapped around edges. I have done it before without taking it all apart, it can still look good but the time required to take your console apart vs trying to wrap intact will be the same or longer to wrap in place.

Chris
Finally did the center part thanks a lot man
IMG_3499.jpg
Does the sliding tray pop up easily ?

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Dude, looks great, I will get you details on sliding tray, and rear plastic piece this afternoon. It was tricky.
Looks really good against your red interior!
I'm also doing doors and that thin silver piece that runs the dash, that will be tricky also.
Get back to you today

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Snow White KIA Stinger GT2 RWD
I love my Whitehall swaybar endlinks, eibach sways and ATQ steering collars. Super rigid ride without punishing 100% of the time.

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Dude, looks great, I will get you details on sliding tray, and rear plastic piece this afternoon. It was tricky.
Looks really good against your red interior!
I'm also doing doors and that thin silver piece that runs the dash, that will be tricky also.
Get back to you today

Awesome can’t wait to hear back and thanks . My girlfriend goes insane with being detailed so once she saw me screw shit up or being a little to experimental she took over lol and made it her project I must agree I kinda knew she would once she saw I’m not being too detailed so I planned to do it right next to her lol

The door side panel which has the tweeter does that area come out easily ?
IMG_3500.jpg

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
I love my Whitehall swaybar endlinks, eibach sways and ATQ steering collars. Super rigid ride without punishing 100% of the time.
Thank nasty
Can u compare it to turning and driving spiritedly etc before and after

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Snow White KIA Stinger GT2 RWD
Absolutely. Before under hard acceleration stock was good but under heavy "G" loads like high speed corners or medium speed hard turns it was inadequate to say the least. Now after, and I never put the ARK coilovers on, it is a brand new car. It feels linear in steering and body roll/shift throughout the turn transitions at all speeds. This set up is currently on hard setting on front and rear sway bars as I like to feel 100 % in control in all transition situations versus having comfort at all times. This by no means changes the suspension compressing or rebounding as it really stays the same. I believe I'm going to run airlift PERFORMANCE suspension instead of coilovers as the newest airbag setups are even used on time attack road rally cars. Like pikes peak type of runs. Look at you tube videos of the testimonials links from the sponsored cars that are really impressive in the driver's explaining why they switched from coilovers and how they have 100 percent confidence and actually place with this type of set up.