Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What Did You Do With Your Stinger Today?

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Absolutely. Before under hard acceleration stock was good but under heavy "G" loads like high speed corners or medium speed hard turns it was inadequate to say the least. Now after, and I never put the ARK coilovers on, it is a brand new car. It feels linear in steering and body roll/shift throughout the turn transitions at all speeds. This set up is currently on hard setting on front and rear sway bars as I like to feel 100 % in control in all transition situations versus having comfort at all times. This by no means changes the suspension compressing or rebounding as it really stays the same. I believe I'm going to run airlift PERFORMANCE suspension instead of coilovers as the newest airbag setups are even used on time attack road rally cars. Like pikes peak type of runs. Look at you tube videos of the testimonials links from the sponsored cars that are really impressive in the driver's explaining why they switched from coilovers and how they have 100 percent confidence and actually place with this type of set up.
Ohh very nice man I’m
Excited most likely in the future next thing would be the sway bars for me .
So with the air suspension u can change the height and stiffness w a button ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Pchek
Sent you pm of how I removed center console area to get to tray and back trim.

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Pchek
Sent you pm of how I removed center console area to get to tray and back trim.

Gotcha thanks

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Rob32, thanks I did, but via pm and gave additional details not in that video:)

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Just added side mirror carbon covers

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Of course this is what happens when ur in a rush but try and do it anyway, lol

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Oh damn....sorry to see that.

Try ebay for a replacement glass.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
Same thing happened to my passenger side mirror when changing the covers. Hope you don't have a GT2 or it was an expensive mistake.

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Ahh dang that’s rough ohh well
What’s the fun of life without some risk
And maybe now you can share with us and teach us how to avoid this mishap

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Lol, dealership wants $405.00 for a piece of glass, found it for $40.00. the parts guy even could not believe the price and said go online, you will find it for a fraction of that price.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Pchek,
There are two clasps at top of mirror, the mistake was trying to push out from side before wedging those top pieces loose. As soon as replacement comes will document. There are videos but they did not break the glass so that part is not really documented:)

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lol, dealership wants $405.00 for a piece of glass, found it for $40.00. the parts guy even could not believe the price and said go online, you will find it for a fraction of that price.

What model do you have? The GT2 mirror is something Around $287

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Pchek,
There are two clasps at top of mirror, the mistake was trying to push out from side before wedging those top pieces loose. As soon as replacement comes will document. There are videos but they did not break the glass so that part is not really documented:)

Thank you sir
Every mistake is new wisdom for the future
I sound like a fortune cookie lol

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
WinningGT I have a GT1 but prices at dealerships were from 280-305 all way to 405. I found an OEM shop that sold me one for $40 plus shipping, called them to verify fit. I could care less if aftermarket as long as it fits like the original:)

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thank you sir
Every mistake is new wisdom for the future
I sound like a fortune cookie lol

Lol, it's worth the upgrade, looks awesome, just don't break the mirror:)

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
WinningGT I have a GT1 but prices at dealerships were from 280-305 all way to 405. I found an OEM shop that sold me one for $40 plus shipping, called them to verify fit. I could care less if aftermarket as long as it fits like the original:)

Sweet !!

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive

When I was trying to find the mirror, there was a lot of unclear descriptions on the parts. I believe on the GT1, if you have the drivewise package, it is still the $287 dollar mirror. I can try to dig up the picture of the back of my mirror, but if your mirror has a single brown wire from the top center of the mirror, you need the one labeled as "with camera"

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I don't, only auto dim, 40 vs 280 and being the passenger side...if it's only a piece of glass I'll be ok lol. But totally understand why you had no choice with that package

Your referring to the blind spot detection?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
I don't know for sure if blind spot is part of it. Definitely the lane keep assist. I had ordered the $80 mirror originally because I don't have a 360 camera, and the parts guy agreed, but it was not right. The only difference is that extra brown wire, which makes the connector different.