Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What Did You Do With Your Stinger Today?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Here is the answer to the million dollar question.

airbag.jpg

As you can see the airbag open from the top of the dash, rendering the front of the passenger side dash a safe place to place the Stinger logo.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2 & the 2 above
robz32: That's what I thought but glad to see it in a "production" car. Thanks very much! BTW, why is the emblem on the steering wheel not a problem? Is it because it is attached with bent tabs that won't let it easily come off the air bag cover? I removed the stock kia one and replaced it with a feather-weight thin aluminum one that is mostly attached by double sided tape now. Will it be dangerous to my pretty face and eyes? LOL(or maybe not)???

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
robz32: That's what I thought but glad to see it in a "production" car. Thanks very much! BTW, why is the emblem on the steering wheel not a problem? Is it because it is attached with bent tabs that won't let it easily come off the air bag cover? I removed the stock kia one and replaced it with a feather-weight thin aluminum one that is mostly attached by double sided tape now. Will it be dangerous to my pretty face and eyes? LOL(or maybe not)???
The steering wheel emblem is permanently attached to the center cover. That is why a badge replacement there requires a full center cover replacement. The airbag cover is pre-seamed so that it tears in the exact same spot every time upon deployment. I would not expect any problems.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2 & the 2 above
Yes, I thought that might be the case for the stock badge but I removed it (without taking off the center housing) and now I have basically the same type badge without the bent tabs to hold it firmly to the housing. The new badge has the tabs ground off smooth and is stuck on mostly by doubled sided tape and a little compression put on it by the indention where it sits. When the bag deploys it will not stay on the housing like the stock one would have. Think this is risky? Or will it just in up in my lap or on the floor? Does the bag come out of the housing slightly ABOVE the badge so that the badge will be pushed/thrown downward? Don't know where the housing is pre-seemed in relation to the badge location.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
raced a modded challenger on the highway and was slowly pushing up to his rear bumper... the did it from a dig and demolished him[angel]

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Ordered some silicon covers for the key FOB.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Ordered a Stinger cap[clap]

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Installed these

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Installed this yesterday....Thing is huge...Love it!!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Are you the first in the US to install the JT intercooler and intake?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
There are other US owners that have the kit as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Country
United States
Installed this yesterday....Thing is huge...Love it!!

Very nice! Even without any tuning support yet are you seeing any engine temp differences with the larger [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] intercooler?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Yes. I don't have hard data to prove it, but yesterday night on my way back home, it was 65 F and as soon as I got home I opened the hood to triple check everything was where its supposed to and touch the cold side pipe (the one that goes to the TB) and it was significantly colder that before.

Keep in mind I installed the JT intakes three weeks ago and performed this very same test on the factory IC setup, temps were at 72F and the pipes were very hot to the touch.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Looking great [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Yes. I don't have hard data to prove it, but yesterday night on my way back home, it was 65 F and as soon as I got home I opened the hood to triple check everything was where its supposed to and touch the cold side pipe (the one that goes to the TB) and it was significantly colder that before.

Keep in mind I installed the JT intakes three weeks ago and performed this very same test on the factory IC setup, temps were at 72F and the pipes were very hot to the touch.

Why did you choose not to install the intake scoops that I've seen with the JT intakes? They look really good in black and appear to be provide the same protection as the factory intakes with better flow.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Why did you choose not to install the intake scoops that I've seen with the JT intakes? They look really good in black and appear to be provide the same protection as the factory intakes with better flow.
I chose not to use them in favor of the Velossa Tech ducts. That way I don't have to cut the radiator shroud.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Snow White KIA Stinger GT2 RWD
Looks amazing. Did Tom help you with that?

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Looks great! Look forward to hearing about the performance increases.