Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Dash Cam Discussions

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
What are some of your favorite dash cams?

I currently have two cars using the BlackVue DR650S-2CH and plan to install the same system on my Stinger.

I would also suggest getting the Power Magic Pro which will keep the camera working longer in parking mode. Once it senses a low battery voltage it will automatically shut down the system.

Here are potential power sources when you can tap into for your dash cam. This is the Kia Stinger interior fuse box.

My Dash Cam Kit:
Purchased from Amazon.

Tools Needed:
Two mini fuse tap

Wire strippers

Vinyl panel removal tools

Power Magic box

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I have been using the Waylens for the past year. Solid camera with lots of cool features. This thing will be going on the Stinger once it arrives.

[video=youtube;EwNVZssabXA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwNVZssabXA[/video]
[video=youtube;jiXn5wnl6aA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiXn5wnl6aA[/video]

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I'm currently using the KDLINKS DX2 which runs for about $200 on amazon.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Lots of good deals on Amazon right now for Dash Cams on Cyber Monday.

Just purchase Roav dash cam kit for $80. Now all I need is the Stinger to install it on.[cool]

Jysoul

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
I've enquired with Waylens regarding their WiFi Secure360 if or when it'll be available. Looks like a great product. Also available is a 4G/cloud version and subscription.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Quick bump, has anyone hard wired a dash cam to their Stinger yet?

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX-T
I have the Lukas LK-7950-WD in my Optima. It's a few years old and works well. GPS doesn't work through the tinted front windshield though. I didn't want to add another GPS receiver, so it is what it is.

They offer newer versions now as well: http://www.qviadashcam.net/

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I have the Lukas LK-7950-WD in my Optima. It's a few years old and works well. GPS doesn't work through the tinted front windshield though. I didn't want to add another GPS receiver, so it is what it is.

They offer newer versions now as well: http://www.qviadashcam.net/
Hows the picture quality on those? The AR790 looks alot like the Blackvue

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX-T
1080p picture quality front and rear cameras. Works good.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER BASE AWD
I only have a front. It is the Ausdom AD282 Dash cam. 2K wide angle lens. It looks pretty great, though i have not pulled the footage off the device and onto my PC yet to check the actually video quality. The sound of the mic is crazy good too. Works as described on Amazon.

sgt2rv

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
The fuse type in the cabin driver side are Micro2 not the Mini's for the Stinger GT2.

I went with the DR900S-2CH for the Cloud capability. FYI: I bought the 16GB BlackVue SD DR900S thinking I had 128GB Class 10 cards. Didn't work until I used the BlackVue's SD.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
The fuse type in the cabin driver side are Micro2 not the Mini's for the Stinger GT2.

I went with the DR900S-2CH for the Cloud capability. FYI: I bought the 16GB BlackVue SD DR900S thinking I had 128GB Class 10 cards. Didn't work until I used the BlackVue's SD.
[MENTION=1376]sgt2rv[/MENTION] did you install the Power Magic Pro?

pks1197

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Where did you hook up the ground wire on your Power Magic Pro? I just took a look around my fuse box and didn't see any screws I could mount it to, nor a way to easily get a drill in there to drill a new hole in a bracket or something for a screw.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Anyone pulled off the A pillar trim pieces to fully hide the dashcam power behind it?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Anyone pulled off the A pillar trim pieces to fully hide the dashcam power behind it?

You can always tuck the wires behind it without having to pull it off

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

What dash cam did you get?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
What dash cam did you get?
I transferred my Viofo A119 from my old Mazda 3 to the Stinger.

Had it for 3 years now. I like the shape, size, video quality, capacitor instead of battery.

I have a polarized filter for it too, vitrually eliminates glare from the dash.

This humorous video shows the quality. 1080p @60fps

Night video quality

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Picture still looks great for a three year old camera.

Ed B

Reactions
City
Mechanicsburg
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2
I have a 2019. The two fuses shown above (OP) for "power outlet" are labeled "spare" and "charger" and the "charger" fuse is 10A, not 20A. Also, the sunroof fuse does not seem to be switched, even though the sunroof only works with power on or accessory. I think I'm just going to have to buy a 2p2p switch for the hot wire that I want not to draw power when the car's parked. Every fuse I tested for circuits that seem off when power is off (like the sunroof) still make the power light blink (it's a Mando ECS10, not a dashcam BTW). I guess there's another switch (or relay) in the circuit somewhere else.