Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What's your Kia Stinger Side Mirror Cap Preference?

What's your Kia Stinger Side Mirror Cap Preference?

• Stock

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Carbon Fiber

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Color Matched

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
Actually so I was feeling spontaneous and ran into "autodip" at a local store. I said fuck it why not and bought a bottle for $20, OFC I did some research and saw it wasn't harmful or anything so I went ahead and applied it on a test object, applied well and came off easily so I dipped all the wheels about $60 for all 4 wheels came out awesome. If it doesn't last it doesn't last but looks dope RN!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Beautiful rides [MENTION=843]Protatomonster[/MENTION]. What's your pick as the daily driver?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
I used autodip

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
Beautiful rides [MENTION=843]Protatomonster[/MENTION]. What's your pick as the daily driver?
The Stinger, love the Corvette but the Stinger is just such an amazing mix of performance and luxury.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited
Holding up well for the most part would recommend it!

Yeah just about!

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Both beautiful cars [MENTION=843]Protatomonster[/MENTION], welcome to the group.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Wow this looks awesome, so I had the same idea but I've started with the Type G Lip, how did you get the mirror caps off, I tried but I was worried I'd break a clip trying to unsnap it. Also how did you take off the side vents to wrap that? Or did you do this all while it was still attached to the car? I'm thinking of doing exactly what you did and maybe the front grill. View attachment 681
Sorry just got my first house so I've been dealing with all of that and haven't been on the forums much at all. Everything stayed on the car and got wrapped and tucked as best as could be. I didn't want the shop learning on my car on how to take the motors caps off. Once its demonstrated how to then I'll bring it back and have it done better or order the real CF caps and came with the vents they stayed on also

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

matejmj

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Hi guys,

Is better to wrap them or buy them in carbon?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Carbon fiber will last longer, depending on the care you give it. A wrap will last you 3-4 years before you need to replace it.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Carbon fiber will last longer, depending on the care you give it. A wrap will last you 3-4 years before you need to replace it.
[MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] is correct, plus there are so many affordable CF mirror caps for sale these days.