Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
As you know the Kia Stinger comes with a trial subscription to SiriusXM for a few months. After that they'll try to entice you to join for as little as $5 a month. Wondering how many people here plan to renew after their trial subscription expires?

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I normally extend it for another year.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
5 years ago I would have renewed, but I stream from the phones more these days.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Not real benefit of having it, unless they offer a super deal. Other than that I will be streaming all my music.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I let Sirius expire on all my vehicles. I'm streaming from the phone or USB media.

Last edited:

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
The audio quality is terrible. It's also overboosted so anything with bass pops the speakers hard. And it goes out when passing through underpasses, tunnels, or I'm parking in my garage. No thanks. Third car with it. Third time it's going to go away.

Kevsim

Reactions
State
CO
Country
Canada
Renewed till Howard stern is done then goodbye..

kad

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I've always had XM in my car. It's not expensive and I like the dance channels since they play good DJs mixes. Plus whenever it renews, and the price goes up, just call and pretend to cancel and they'll offer you another year at the intro price which is usually like $39 or something like that. For $40 a year, I'd say it's worth it for what I like to listen to.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
I thought it would be more expensive, but if it?s only 40 bucks a year I may do it just for the traffic and other data services it provides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
My experience with XM/Sirius radio has been great up until 2 weeks ago. I started getting static around the place I work so I sent a signal to my car to reset it; nothing. Same thing happens until I get out of the "dead zone." There are no bldgs nor are there any trees to block the satellite reception. It's a very minor inconvenience but I am paying for it so it becomes more of a problem.

When it comes to the subscription, I would wait until they call to get the introductory rate again. For the past year and a half, I have waited until they have called and pretended I didn't want to continue the service. They immediately said they will give me 6 months for $24.99. My luck ran out and they said they can't offer this anymore so I am paying the monthly price now of $8.99 or so.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
My 4 month free subscription expired. I called and got 6 months fpr $29 plus tax. Like $35. I do this with all my cars all the time. Anyone who pays full price deserves it, lol.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I've had it on all of my cars since 2012. Gotta get my fix of Howard 101, 102, and various News stations.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
My 4 month free subscription expired. I called and got 6 months fpr $29 plus tax. Like $35. I do this with all my cars all the time. Anyone who pays full price deserves it, lol.
Does that include the weather and traffic services? I use my in car gps quite a bit.

DrDas

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
GT Limited Canada
Done with them in my car. Takes way to long for new playlists! Stuck with them in my franchised restaurant.. so lots of listening experience!!

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
Not a big fan of the programming. I'll continue to stream on my phone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
No thanks, done after trial

DirtyDave

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ceramic Silver GT1
Already paying Spotify to stream music so I don't have a need for Sirius. Not even using it during the trial.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Nope. Never used the trial, either.

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Tried it once, couldn’t find any stations I liked. Sound quality is horrendous. Ain’t gonna pay for that. Even had someone call me recently trying to talk me into a subscription

flycaster

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 C-300, 2013 ATS Lux
Yes. It's only $5/mo.