Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Eibach Lowering Springs

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
FYI, I did a full alignment job today and everything came back to spec. The main concern was that the rear camber was so off that we might not get it back to stock spec which should be -1.2 (+/- 0.5), mine was -2.4 before the alignment, now its -1.4 after the alignment and the alignment guy said there was still enough adjustability to go below -1.0 if required. The car drives very nice now, get your springs out of the box.
Thank you for the info!! Going to locate a top notch alignment shop. Let us know if you notice any unusual tire wear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] Anyway you can post the aligment specs? Some if not the majority of the shops in the Us do not have the specs for the Stinger yet. That will help whom ever is installing these get the alignment within range.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I am going to keep mine in a box until there is more information regarding the availability of camber settings. Not interested in replacing these tires every few thousand miles...
lol thats the same thing I was thinking.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Hi Guys,

im new here but i am able to procure the OEM wheel alignment specs

Front (2WD)
Toe-in
Total 0.2??0.2?
Individual 0.1??0.1?

Camber angle
-0.5??0.5?

Caster angle
7.00??0.5?

King-pin angle
14.32?

Ride height
382?10mm (15.0394 ?
0.3937 in.)

Front (AWD)
Toe-in
Total 0.2??0.2?
Individual 0.1??0.1?

Camber angle
-0.5??0.5?

Caster angle
6.9??0.5?

King-pin angle
14.18?

Ride height
387?10mm
( 15.2362 ? 0.3937
in.)

Rear
Toe-in
Total 0.4??0.2?
Individual 0.2??0.1?

Camber angle
Wheel&Tire 17, 18 in : -1.5??0.5?
Wheel&Tire 19 in : -1.2??0.5?

Caster angle - N/A

King-pin angle - N/A

Ride height
380?10mm
( 14.9606 ? 0.3937
in.)
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] Anyway you can post the aligment specs? Some if not the majority of the shops in the Us do not have the specs for the Stinger yet. That will help whom ever is installing these get the alignment within range.
Here you go.

Attachments

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
That is a badass looking shop [thumb]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Hi All. I mentioned the rear end is twitchy and the car goes off line in certain conditions. Others expressed the same problem. Well the alignment specs are in and the four wheel alignment fixed the problem. That problem was there from day 1. With stock springs and after changing them out to Eibachs. I've driven for about 5000 km now with the alignment and I haven't felt one twitch.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Glad to hear [MENTION=148]Steve O[/MENTION] Now gotta wait and see who will make a tower brace for the Stinger.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
No camber adjustment? I find that hard to believe. One should be able to at least get what's termed "crash bolts" (camber bolts that have more range). It may be a while before they're available, but they should come along soon enough.
Do you know of anything yet? So many post on this forum, having a hard time filtering through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2017 3.3 GT
Hi All. I mentioned the rear end is twitchy and the car goes off line in certain conditions. Others expressed the same problem. Well the alignment specs are in and the four wheel alignment fixed the problem. That problem was there from day 1. With stock springs and after changing them out to Eibachs. I've driven for about 5000 km now with the alignment and I haven't felt one twitch.
Steve can you expand on what settings you have?

This is one thing I don't like where as you said the rear end is twitchy and moves around over some bumps so if an alignment will fix this then I'm all for it

Just need to know what settings as I assume the factory ones don't work

sodo

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Just installed the Eibach's Pro's on my GT2 AWD last Friday. Much nicer looking and riding. I agree with Steve O that it improves handling the bumps in comfort mode. Also, the back end is a lot less waggy, if at all. Here's a couple shots, before/after.
IMG_2690.JPG
IMG_2734.JPG
I also debadged her in favor of the Kia racing logo:
IMG_2674 (2).JPG
IMG_2672 (1).JPG

Physicks

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I also went with the eibach pro kit on a rwd gt2.
Love them so far DD12BE2C-0CAA-45E3-AC2C-AB1D137FAD77.jpeg

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

sodo

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Thanks Triumvph! Appreciate it!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
So I'm getting my eibach put on friday and I'm little concern about the ride quality. Right now I would say the ride is perfect. I daily my car with the wife and kids in the car. On the ride from san diego to arizona the wife was saying how comfortable the ride is. Now I dont mind the bounceiness of the soft spring. I can work with the body roll. I just want to get rid of the gap. Question is how rough or stiff will the ride be after the install? Will it be just like "stock"? Will my teeth chatter going over rough roads?

sodo

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
To me, the ride at normal cruising speed is better and more compliant over the bumps while eliminating the rear end wag. My girlfriend, who does not like the car in general, noticed the difference and was surprisingly pleased with the improvement in the normal cruising speed ride. She is one to be observant, as our old car was a Cadillac CTS which she loved, and did not like my purchase of the Stinger.

Net-net: smoother ride over normal plus better handling in corners and no rear end wag.

Physicks

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
The ride has improved to me. I did aftermarket wheels and tires at the same time which in other cars has Usually meant a compromise of style to ride quality . Usually improving looks a ton but cheapening the ride.
But honestly In this car I went to 20? wheels and was able to keep a lot of rubber as the drop with eibach is noticeable but very conservative . The ride resembles the height and gap of bmw M cars not the look and feel of early 90 to 2000 import spring swaps that had the effect you are worried about.

Another note is that the stock springs are not graduated and only have one spring rate where the eibachs have multiple spring rates.
The ride stiffens the harder the springs are compressed so they don?t stiffen unless you need to be

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Nice feed back! Thanks [MENTION=1607]sodo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1630]Physicks[/MENTION]