Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Eibach Lowering Springs

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Just got it done today. Super happy with the drop. Was hoping the front would be a little lower but with the bad roads around here itll work.

20181130145809_IMG_0828.jpg 20181130151128_IMG_0903.jpg 20181130151134_IMG_0904.jpg

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1

sodo

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Guys,
Be advised of two important things if you upgrade to the Eibach's: make sure you do a wheel alignment and the camber is reset correctly on the rears to OEM specs. I had a situation where the performance shop did not reset the camber on the rears after doing the spring upgrade. This had the side effect of causing uneven wear on the rear tires over a period of time.

After about four months, I notice the car would start slipping on tar strips and crossing over the painted lane stripes on the highway in the wet weather. The problem got progressively worse over the succeeding three months. As we hadn't had much rain, I didn't really notice until a four-hour trip in the rain revealed how dangerous the problem had become. Once I discovered that the tires (which only had a total of only 16,000 miles on them) had the uneven wear, I had Kia replace them and reset the camber on the rears. Thankfully, that resolved all my slipping issues. But for a while there, it was very unnerving situation and scary when driving in the rain.

Be advised!
'sodo

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thanks for the headsup. Ive always tell people to do an alignment whenever they mess with the suspension even if its minor.

Guys,
Be advised of two important things if you upgrade to the Eibach's: make sure you do a wheel alignment and the camber is reset correctly on the rears to OEM specs. I had a situation where the performance shop did not reset the camber on the rears after doing the spring upgrade. This had the side effect of causing uneven wear on the rear tires over a period of time.

After about four months, I notice the car would start slipping on tar strips and crossing over the painted lane stripes on the highway in the wet weather. The problem got progressively worse over the succeeding three months. As we hadn't had much rain, I didn't really notice until a four-hour trip in the rain revealed how dangerous the problem had become. Once I discovered that the tires (which only had a total of only 16,000 miles on them) had the uneven wear, I had Kia replace them and reset the camber on the rears. Thankfully, that resolved all my slipping issues. But for a while there, it was very unnerving situation and scary when driving in the rain.

Be advised!
'sodo

Arty

Reactions
After I installed Eibach springs with 20” it feels that I need stiffer front shock absorbers. Has anyone seen any bilstein or koni options for 2.0.?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
New Eibach sway bars & pro lowering springs for the car, when I get them installed, pictures will follow..

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Hurry up and get me some pics!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I have an appointment on Monday to have it installed, pictures will come after.

My buddy that has the shop is going to pick up his new 34ft Magic with twin 800hp engines "1600hp" boat this weekend. FUN FUN