Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Eibach Lowering Springs

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Is the 3.3GT RWD Eibach available yet, all sites list it for AWD only.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006
Maybe they will develop version for RWD but for now it's for AWD only.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Is the 3.3GT RWD Eibach available yet, all sites list it for AWD only.
I've emailed them when it first came out, it's AWD only. H&R has a setup for RWD.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
H&R has setup for 3.3T AWD only and for 2.0T RWD and AWD. They use same springs for both models.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I just got of the phone with Eibach. They tested the springs on the 3.3GT RWD and it fits, however the drop is different.

AWD: F -1.4 R -1.2
RWD: F -0.8 R -0.8

Here are some pics they sent me installed on the RWD. I went ahead and ordered a set [wiggle]

Attachments

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] did they say why the drop is so drastically different?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
I knew they would fit but I also knew something like this is the reason why they list it for awd only. They are developing version for RWD anyway.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] did they say why the drop is so drastically different?
I was surprised at the difference and he said it is a combination of the AWD being higher than the RWD in stock form and heavier. If you look at the after shots for both the RWD and AWD they seem very similar.

For me the Eibach is perfect, probably be around 1" drop after it settles which is ideal for daily driving.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I knew they would fit but I also knew something like this is the reason why they list it for awd only. They are developing version for RWD anyway.

According to the guy I spoke to they are not, they will just advertise the AWD version for the RWD with different drop rates respectively. I also asked if there is a Sportline kit in the works and he said not at the moment.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Well I will do the same.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I was surprised at the difference and he said it is a combination of the AWD being higher than the RWD in stock form and heavier. If you look at the after shots for both the RWD and AWD they seem very similar.

For me the Eibach is perfect, probably be around 1" drop after it settles which is ideal for daily driving.
Thanks [MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I have ordered a set for my GT2 AWD. What should I expect the cost to be for the install? Do you guys recommend the dealer like @steveo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Just installed the Eibachs on my RWD. Rear install was a breeze, the front was a difficult job. The front struts are press fitted to the hub, so to fully detach them you need to remove the whole front brake assembly and hub. Took almost 4 hours to do the whole job. What I found out was that you cannot adjust the front camber but the rears do have the adjustment bolts that will allow for some minor adjustment, I am not sure if there is enough adjustment to be able to get the camber in the rear back to spec but it is better than nothing.

The ride is harder but not annoyingly hard, more like just right and it shows with the improved handling. The rear camber is obviously off now, I haven't aligned the car yet, will go back to do the alignment/camber/caster etc in two weeks once it settles. Will keep an eye out on tire wear though.

Attachments

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Kia Optima SX, 1972 911 Targa
Surprised the overall ride is stiffer given the Eibachs are progressive springs. I had them on a G35 and the overall ride quality was better until you really pressed the car (and the springs) to the stiffer rate.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
That Camber in is serious I can now see how tires are getting eaten up on the inside gotta fix that asap if not gonna be going in and out of tires every month lol.
But Drop looks really good, you got the Pro's or Sport? should look even better once the springs settle.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
That Camber in is serious I can now see how tires are getting eaten up on the inside gotta fix that asap if not gonna be going in and out of tires every month lol.
But Drop looks really good, you got the Pro's or Sport? should look even better once the springs settle.
I got the PRO.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I am going to keep mine in a box until there is more information regarding the availability of camber settings. Not interested in replacing these tires every few thousand miles...

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I am going to keep mine in a box until there is more information regarding the availability of camber settings. Not interested in replacing these tires every few thousand miles...
FYI, I did a full alignment job today and everything came back to spec. The main concern was that the rear camber was so off that we might not get it back to stock spec which should be -1.2 (+/- 0.5), mine was -2.4 before the alignment, now its -1.4 after the alignment and the alignment guy said there was still enough adjustability to go below -1.0 if required. The car drives very nice now, get your springs out of the box.