Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Eibach Lowering Springs

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
No camber adjustment? I find that hard to believe. One should be able to at least get what's termed "crash bolts" (camber bolts that have more range). It may be a while before they're available, but they should come along soon enough.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 RAM Crew Cab
Hi All. I finally made my decision and it was a good one. I'm so happy my eyes are watering. My Polar White Stinger has a set of Eibach's on it and the ride and handling are near perfect! Because I'm familiar with the law of diminishing returns, I'm happy and I don't see a need to go with shocks later. Pictures attached. The car rides much nicer over the tar strips and is much stiffer over the g bumps, with 90% of the excess motion in the rear being eliminated. I can live with that because I'm 56. But if I was 29 I'd probably still mod the shocks 'cause I'd be pushing the limits. Now I just drive fast, with some common sense dialled in. So ALL GOOD. Check out the pics!

FYI, the springs are dual rate. The first ~1" of travel is a lower rate than stock (softer) and the rest of the travel is a higher rate than stock (stiffer). Thank you Eibach!
Thanks [MENTION=148]Steve O[/MENTION]. I?m really happy to hear the springs worked out for you. I?ve been surprised to hear of the transient response problems and porpoising in some of the road tests, especially given the positive early feedback on the N?rbergring tests. My hope was that changes for the American market were more due to spring rates then damping rates since the former are more easily addressed.

Regardless it sounds like these dual rate springs should do the job. I?m not as concerned about the lowering aspect as much as the control aspect ( understanding that lowering does help with body roll)

After focusing most of my recreational dollars on motorcycle road racing bikes and track days in the last six or seven years, I?ve decided I?d like a fast and fun to drive car. Suspension can be a real black hole, money wise. Don?t ask me how I know this [hihi]

Was a bit surprised ( disappointed?) in an earlier thread where-in you mentioned that comfort and sport mode have little difference/effect. I guess I can live with that if the baseline response is good.

Also love the polar white. Final decision is black on black or White on black in GT2 RWD trim.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 RAM Crew Cab
By the way I?ll make a quick mention that my Yamaha R1M has electronic adaptive Ohlins suspension that senses road speed ( but not lean angle). On the track I turn that off and use the touchpad to set high and low speed compression and rebound damping settings manually. Would love that on the stinger

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
You're not the only one disappointed [MENTION=439]rmillersbs[/MENTION]. My 91 Alfa Romeo 164S in sport mode was so stiff in recoil you could get all 4 wheels off the road on the right g bump. I really miss that 'buttoned down' feel that the road could not upset the car. In sport mode the Stinger is still too soft for my liking but good enough (barely). :-|

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
According to the mechanic when it was on the hoist, he said there is no camber adjustment. Then he described a slot with a lead-in that the top of the strut plugs into.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Kia Optima SX, 1972 911 Targa
Let's hope they make these for the 2.0T AWD model also...

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
According to the mechanic when it was on the hoist, he said there is no camber adjustment. Then he described a slot with a lead-in that the top of the strut plugs into.
This is disconcerting as I usually run a lot of negative camber even for street use. I'll have to make some time and get some homework done.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
This is disconcerting as I usually run a lot of negative camber even for street use. I'll have to make some time and get some homework done.
Your best bet is coilovers. BC Racing are very good and not too expensive. I run them on my current car and they made a world of difference in how it handled.
Steve, you car looks awesome, stance is spot on!

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Your best bet is coilovers. BC Racing are very good and not too expensive. I run them on my current car and they made a world of difference in how it handled.
Steve, you car looks awesome, stance is spot on!
I've destroyed more than one car's ride with coilovers. One set was with BC Racing's products. I won't be doing that again very quickly. Our roads are tremendously bad. I have sections right now that are rough with the Stinger in Comfort mode at anything near speed (mind you it's worse in my wife's Acura TSX).

I'll be looking into an alignment when I get my dedicated summer set of wheels and tires sometime in the future. Most cars have camber- or crash-bolts that can adjust the camber further than the range that comes from the factory. Perhaps those do or will exist. For now I'll just keep monitoring all the suspension information I can get on our Stingers!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thanks [MENTION=487]Drabon74[/MENTION]. I'm very happy. I removed the front license plate as well and with the blacked out chin spoiler it is, if I say so myself, the nicest car on the road. :)

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I just got back from a drive this afternoon. With the stock springs a drive would leave me troubled and disappointed frankly. Suspension is a big part of the enjoyment of a car's dynamics. Today I got home and told my wife I forgot how happy a new car makes me. I've heard millennial's refer to a 'happy place' and never really understood what they meant until today. It's not an event like having a baby or getting married or even relaxing on a dock. It's going to the place you know once you're there you'll be happy. For me, now, it's my Stinger GT with Eibach springs, doing about 145K! (That's 90 mph)
What was the work needed to get the rears on? Rear seats or anything have to come out?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I'm just guessing, based on vehicles I've lowered in the past that you just raise the car, remove the wheels--which will cause the suspension to drop, jack up the control arm to remove any bolt that it may have, lower the control arm, and either maneuver the spring out by hand or pry it up a bit with a pry bar.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Springs are easy to replace withe the right tools and a hoist. Hence I took it to the dealer. All the dork is done from under the car on the hoist.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
The struts up front need to be removed. What you describe applies for the back. In both cases you need a tool called a spring compressor instead of a pry bar etc...

Shtinger

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited AWD
do you live on bloor? i swear ive seen your car...

ride quality is like stock? hows it on eglington lol!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Do these fit AWD and 2WD versions of the car?
Eibach site only mentioning AWD

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
As far as I know the springs will fit both 2WD and AWD models.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Do these fit AWD and 2WD versions of the car?
Eibach site only mentioning AWD
Eibach has them listed as fitting AWD, Tirerack has them listed as fitting RWD. I think it's the same.