Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24262728293031323334
Results 232 to 236 of 236

Thread: Kia Stinger Catch Can Thread
89 Likes

  1. #232
    Member
    23 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    23
    Location
    Gilbert
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    2 Likes
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by spider55 View Post
    Be careful on the intake manifold, if you tighten it to much you can break the nipple off, its plastic. Listen close for that hiss noise & move the hoses around a little bit to be sure, around the intake manifold & the crank case nipple.

    Just asking, did you used Teflon tape on the nipples for the catch can.

    Just as a precaution I put a second nut on the bar mount to lock it in place just so it doesn't vibrate loose. Here's a picture!!!


    Attachment 2048
    Yeah I was more worried removing the hose than tightening it, had a much better angle but it didn't break and has a good seal. I did use Teflon tape and screwed those into the can tight so I think I'm all set. It is strange the sizes are so different though if it's one hose connecting them not sure why you need two different sizes of hose why not just keep all the sizes the same?

    I'll take it for a drive tomorrow and will check on it but everything is pretty solid so I don't think anything is escaping.

  2. #233
    Moderator
    Staff Team 122 Rep Points spider55's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Likes Received
    122
    Location
    Tempe
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    266
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by MMB22 View Post
    Yeah I was more worried removing the hose than tightening it, had a much better angle but it didn't break and has a good seal. I did use Teflon tape and screwed those into the can tight so I think I'm all set. It is strange the sizes are so different though if it's one hose connecting them not sure why you need two different sizes of hose why not just keep all the sizes the same?

    I'll take it for a drive tomorrow and will check on it but everything is pretty solid so I don't think anything is escaping.
    I'm glad everything installed ok for you, periodically check the nut for the mounting bar & the two screws that hold the catch can to the mounting bar to make sure the y are still tight. If you drive on ruff roads a lot, sometimes those nuts and screws can come loose.
    2019 Stinger GT1 Ceramic Grey
    If you want to see what I've done to the car go to My Garage!!!!!

  3. #234
    Member
    23 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    23
    Location
    Gilbert
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by spider55 View Post
    I'm glad everything installed ok for you, periodically check the nut for the mounting bar & the two screws that hold the catch can to the mounting bar to make sure the y are still tight. If you drive on ruff roads a lot, sometimes those nuts and screws can come loose.
    Thanks, I see what you are saying about the bracket, I will tighten it up again real good and add another one on like you did. Extra insurance and just be sure to check and tighten it up every time I empty the can as needed. I'm curious how much this will fill up. I don't drive all that hard but occasionally, Most of my driving is in rush hour commute.

  4. #235
    Moderator
    Staff Team 122 Rep Points spider55's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Likes Received
    122
    Location
    Tempe
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    266
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by MMB22 View Post
    Thanks, I see what you are saying about the bracket, I will tighten it up again real good and add another one on like you did. Extra insurance and just be sure to check and tighten it up every time I empty the can as needed. I'm curious how much this will fill up. I don't drive all that hard but occasionally, Most of my driving is in rush hour commute.
    If I were you I would check it on the first oil change an if theirs nothing in it then every second oil change. People that are catching a lot of oil an blow by have a heavy foot all the time or they're running a chip tune with more boost, that's why they have a lot of blow by. I had a catch can in my Kia Optima SX and I emptied It every third oil change but I drove around 3 to 5 thousand miles a year. Here in Arizona I still change the oil in my car every 4 months no matter how many miles I have. The funny thing about it, I've had my stinger now for almost a month an I only have 431 miles on the car. I just don't drive very much.
    2019 Stinger GT1 Ceramic Grey
    If you want to see what I've done to the car go to My Garage!!!!!

  5. #236
    Moderator
    Staff Team 122 Rep Points spider55's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Likes Received
    122
    Location
    Tempe
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    266
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MekstingerGT View Post
    anybody have a quick way to get the hose off the top manifold? damn thing is on there good.
    Grab it with your hand twist it & pull, what ever you do don't use a screw driver between the hose an nipple, you will break the nipple on the manifold, then you have to buy a new manifold. I wouldn't want to find out how much one of those pieces cost.

    If your trying to take it of when the car is cold is a pain in the ass, start your car up an let it warm up for a little bit then try an take it off. Hope this helps.....
    2019 Stinger GT1 Ceramic Grey
    If you want to see what I've done to the car go to My Garage!!!!!

 

 
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24262728293031323334

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-20-2018, 07:33 PM
  2. [VENDOR][SPONSORSHIP]: ADD W1 Oil Catch Can & Bracket - K8 Stinger Store
    By Paul@K8StingerStore in forum K8 Stinger Store
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2018, 04:43 PM
  3. Oil Catch Can or No?
    By OklaStinger in forum 3.3T Engine Upgrades
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-21-2018, 06:28 PM
  4. catch can
    By bikerdude in forum 3.3T Engine Upgrades
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2018, 04:57 PM
  5. [VENDOR][FS]: NEW ADD W1 Version 3 Baffled Oil Catch Can - K8 Stinger Store
    By Paul@K8StingerStore in forum K8 Stinger Store
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2018, 11:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •