Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Catch Can Thread

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] How much for you to assemble a "kit" and mail it to me? lol
All the parts are listed in my post, it is really easy to assemble if you have some DIY skills. Just make sure to buy the special AN fitting wrenches so you don't scratch the fittings or use tape on your wrench.

If you wan't a BOQ list I can post it with the part #'s.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Wow that can is 300 bucks!!! Looks nice though!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Update, PCV can after 2,500km (Approx 1,500miles). Breather side was dry.

Attachments

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Breather side is the "drivers" side right? Wondering if we can get away with 1 can.....

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
I was inspired based on not needing a 2 can setup. I had this laying around from my Hellcat and Jeep SRT. Little dremel on the bracket, some luck, and 0 dollars we have this:

Attachments

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I was inspired based on not needing a 2 can setup. I had this laying around from my Hellcat and Jeep SRT. Little dremel on the bracket, some luck, and 0 dollars we have this:
Nicely done [twothumb]

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Billet Tech. makes some sweet stuff. Great pics was looking into purchase of there catch can setup wit the bracket. where you still able to put the engine cover back on? Just asking cause the upper part looks like it might interfere with it. Thanks again [rockon][rockon]

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Well, my can was kinda a retro fit. I bought it for my Hellcat, then moved it to my Jeep and it needed a new mounting bracket, which you can see is the brushed aluminum finish and not the plum crazy purple, and then based on some feedback here and another forums, the intake cans were dry. So I just dremeled the Jeep SRT bracket to fit the side of the Kia motor. There is a bolt there that literally does nothing other than join the manafold? to the engine. Perfect for the bracket hole. Yea the cover fits on np. I may switch the hoses around a tad to remove that swivel, but I dunno. Why Kia uses 2 different port sizes is beyond me. Need a worm clamp for the PCV connection.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I took my manifold off to replace the spark and yes a catch can is needed so bad. I felt oil dropping out of the tube connecting to the manifold and I'm only at 1300miles!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2018 Stinger, 2010 Camaro SS
I run a CC on my Camaro and it's pulled a fair amount of oil over the years.

Are there any "ready made" kits out there or are these still mostly DIY?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT

Tork Motorsports makes a kit for the Stinger.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States

Custom Stinger ADD W1 OCC brackets should be out in 1-2 weeks through our store. We'll be sure to let the community know when they arrive! This kit will be one of the best bang for your buck kits for the Stinger.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
PCV side after 4,000km (2,500miles), breather side still dry.

Attachments

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
For anybody doubting the benefits of the PCV catch can on a stock car. I changed my spark plugs and took a pic of the intake valves while the intake manifold was off. The PCV hose coming into the intake manifold after the OCC was clean with no signs of any oil, so this means the OCC is doing the job. Any gunk was most likely pre-OCC install, you can notice that their is a notable amount of gunk in the intake valve area and the intake valves themselves and this is from a completely stock car with less than 10,000 miles on it.

Attachments

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
I had a passenger side OCC on my 11 Mustang GT (consensus was pass side was the problem and driver side wasn't really necessary) and the install was super easy. The can and two hoses were a built piece. Detach hose from head to intake and replace with OCC assembly. Easy peasy! Looking at all these pieces and thinking to myself, why so difficult?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I had a passenger side OCC on my 11 Mustang GT (consensus was pass side was the problem and driver side wasn't really necessary) and the install was super easy. The can and two hoses were a built piece. Detach hose from head to intake and replace with OCC assembly. Easy peasy! Looking at all these pieces and thinking to myself, why so difficult?
The location of the PCV valve at the back of the engine bay on the Stinger and the direction of the valve and intake manifold opening towards the firewall make it a little more difficult to install a OCC. But the kits available now are easy to install, especially Tork Motorsports kit.

Reactions
Country
United States
For anybody doubting the benefits of the PCV catch can on a stock car. I changed my spark plugs and took a pic of the intake valves while the intake manifold was off. The PCV hose coming into the intake manifold after the OCC was clean with no signs of any oil, so this means the OCC is doing the job. Any gunk was most likely pre-OCC install, you can notice that their is a notable amount of gunk in the intake valve area and the intake valves themselves and this is from a completely stock car with less than 10,000 miles on it.
Thanks for sharing this, its definitely very clean compared to other DI motors.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Wow...that is a significant amount of oil.
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] could post the parts used to build your setup. I am at 9980 miles and I like the Radium cans. Looking to add OCC soon.