Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Catch Can Thread

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Quarter inch. 1000 miles.

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL
That sounds like a lot of oil depending on the size of the can, did you pour it into a measuring cup?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
That sounds like a lot of oil depending on the size of the can, did you poor it into a measuring cup?
I eyeballed it.

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
This catch can kit for the Stinger is taking way to long.

After looking at the engine bay just now to figure out if I can order a catch can to do this I noticed that there are two hoses exiting the cam covers. The first exits from the back of the left bank and makes a 180 turn and enters the intake manifold (after the throttle body), the second exits the front of the right bank and enters the right intake pipe right before the turbo.

Ok so based on the above the engine has two hoses exiting the cam covers and two inlets (1 intake manifold and 1 turbo intake pipe), the way I see it either two catch cans need to be used or one of the inlets in the engine needs to be blocked.

Does anybody have any idea the best way to route the catch can?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Any progress on the catch can?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
I have been waiting for Paul at the stinger store to get back to me with instruction and the catch can I ordered from him

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I think everyone waiting for this in anticipation [cool] I know am one of them.
You are more patient than me, I went ahead and ordered the Radium Engineering catch can [giggle]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
You are more patient than me, I went ahead and ordered the Radium Engineering catch can [giggle]
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] can you please add a how-to or take lots of pictures when you do the install?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT

Robs

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
Also have a pair ordered with the universal mount! Where do you plan to mount yours?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] can you please add a how-to or take lots of pictures when you do the install?
Will do, I am waiting on the AN fittings which are on back order. They should be here in two weeks or so.

Also have a pair ordered with the universal mount! Where do you plan to mount yours?
I ordered the twin setup and I am going to run them in series on the PCV side, and I have another single OCC which I will mount on the breather side. Tentatively on the PCV side I am looking at the two bolts sticking out of the fender which seems like a perfect place to make a flange and mount the OCC, not final on the location but once the OCC's arrive will see were they can fit best.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Which one did you order? That dual one looks sick!!!! Am sure once you get it we can see some installation[rockon][twothumb][cheers] pics.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Excited someone is doing this.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I ordered the twin setup and I am going to run them in series on the PCV side, and I have another single OCC which I will mount on the breather side. Tentatively on the PCV side I am looking at the two bolts sticking out of the fender which seems like a perfect place to make a flange and mount the OCC, not final on the location but once the OCC's arrive will see were they can fit best.
Wow so you planning on running three cans? Which cans did you end up ordering?
Was looking at some of the kits they make for other cars and was wondering if any of them might work for ours.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Wow so you planning on running three cans? Which cans did you end up ordering?
Was looking at some of the kits they make for other cars and was wondering if any of them might work for ours.
I ordered the Radium Engineering OCC's, I received them and I am blown away at the quality and design, three way baffling (thick mesh media first then two stages of baffling) and quality through-out, I highly recommend them. The good thing is the inlet/outlet threads are -10AN so this leaves the option of using many combinations of fittings. After seeing the design I believe one for the PCV is enough, so I am going to run two OCC's only.

For anybody attempting to do it DIY, these are the hose sizes and correct fitting sizes you will need,
1. PCV outlet - 3/8" or -6AN <-PCV fitting
2. PCV inlet - 1/2" or -8AN <-Intake manifold
3. Breather outlet - 1/2" or -8AN <-Driver side cam cover
4. Breather inlet - 5/8" or -10AN <-Driver side intake pipe near the turbo

I am waiting on the fittings to arrive and will post pics once I am done hopefully sometime next week.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thanks for doing this [MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION], looking forward to the results.
I ordered the Radium Engineering OCC's, I received them and I am blown away at the quality and design, three way baffling (thick mesh media first then two stages of baffling) and quality through-out, I highly recommend them. The good thing is the inlet/outlet threads are -10AN so this leaves the option of using many combinations of fittings. After seeing the design I believe one for the PCV is enough, so I am going to run two OCC's only.

For anybody attempting to do it DIY, these are the hose sizes and correct fitting sizes you will need,
1. PCV outlet - 3/8" or -6AN <-PCV fitting
2. PCV inlet - 1/2" or -8AN <-Intake manifold
3. Breather outlet - 1/2" or -8AN <-Driver side cam cover
4. Breather inlet - 5/8" or -10AN <-Driver side intake pipe near the turbo

I am waiting on the fittings to arrive and will post pics once I am done hopefully sometime next week.

GTB

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
[video=youtube;s2V-x6mJQxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2V-x6mJQxE&t=18s[/video]

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Great job [MENTION=954]GTB[/MENTION] thanks for the share.