Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Downpipe Thread

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
[MENTION=187]winningGT[/MENTION] they got a few more big power mods coming too.[shhh]

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
[MENTION=187]winningGT[/MENTION] they got a few more big power mods coming too.[shhh]
[unbelieveable] Can't wait for that announcement! [MENTION=331]Sales@Tork[/MENTION] when are your downpipes going to be on sale? I ordered the magnaflow catback and would like to install your downpipes at the same time [cool]

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
[unbelieveable] Can't wait for that announcement! [MENTION=331]Sales@Tork[/MENTION] when are your downpipes going to be on sale? I ordered the magnaflow catback and would like to install your downpipes at the same time [cool]
[MENTION=187]winningGT[/MENTION] are you doing it for sound reason? Don't think we can extract more power for this can we?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
A little of both. I chose the magnaflow intentionally because it is quiet. With the downpipes it should bring the sound up to a nice level. If you see the pics of the stock downpipes above, they do have a small catalytic converter on them, so removing that restriction will definitely free up some power

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
A little of both. I chose the magnaflow intentionally because it is quiet. With the downpipes it should bring the sound up to a nice level. If you see the pics of the stock downpipes above, they do have a small catalytic converter on them, so removing that restriction will definitely free up some power
Is the Magnaflow any louder in person that the videos that's been posted here?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
They start production in a week or 2, so I should hopefully have my hands on it mid May. Until then, I can't say

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
They start production in a week or 2, so I should hopefully have my hands on it mid May. Until then, I can't say
Oh I thought it was already released.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
We will be releasing the Downpipes after we are able to tune the vehicle which should be starting next week :)

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
That's awesome news. Were the downpipes not playing nice with the piggyback or just planning a big store update?

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Please do a full reveal on your downpipes so we can see and understand how they're different, with dynos to boot!! Thanks!

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
Man this thread dried up fast! I posted on it a full year before I bought a Stinger.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Didn't SS performance release some down pipes?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I'm with you [MENTION=187]winningGT[/MENTION], magnaflow is the way I'm going because of the deep sound and its quiet but for down pipes I'm going to go with Ultimate Performance HFC Downpipe + Mid Pipe Combo Kit. I know they cost a lot but they have the high flow cats.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Just ordered these from khartunerz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Seems like most aftermarket DP are pretty much the same 2.5", mandrel bent set of pipes. Ark's are currently less expensive than the SSRs... so if SSR is claiming a 30whp/26wtrq bump, more or less, across the curve, the same could be said for others? Obviously the big improvement in flow is coming from eliminating the secondary cats which these all do....

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
There is a long discussion on the other forum about this very topic, here is a small recap:
I feel a difference, butt Dyno:)
Don't buy if just looking at hp/TQ gains, lot of disagreement on if and how much you gain.
I like the slight increase in noise and gurgle sound when coasting.
Lower pressure out the back can mean slight reduction in spool times which would explain increase in TQ at start.
I upgraded intakes and my intercooler, for me adding these made complete sense as is part of my larger plan.

My opinion
Worth it, yes
Do it for HP/TQ gains, not as primary reason
As part of a plan to open up air in and air out, yes!

By way I did line my entire trunk with sound deading.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I was surprised (mildly disappointed) at the sound increase with my SSRs.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I take it they didn't increase the sound very much.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I take it they didn't increase the sound very much.
In the ear of the beholder:) increased it enough for me to line trunk, with a window down I can hear a difference for sure.

At the same time it is still quiet enough for wife not to complain:)

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Do you have stock exhaust for rest.