Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Downpipe Thread

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Reserved for upcoming information.

Sarona

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Jun BL has downpipes

Last edited:
Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 TT
Does this affect the Check Engine Light? Does it require a tuner? Have you heard anything? Thank you

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Does this affect the Check Engine Light? Does it require a tuner? Have you heard anything? Thank you
No it does not need result in a CEL nor does it require a tune. Swapping out downpipes is pretty similar to changing the catback exhaust in that it?s a quick bolt-on upgrade. We have sold a few sets of these and those individuals have all given positive reports. Granted, it?s still a small sample size.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
No it does not need result in a CEL nor does it require a tune. Swapping out downpipes is pretty similar to changing the catback exhaust in that it?s a quick bolt-on upgrade. We have sold a few sets of these and those individuals have all given positive reports. Granted, it?s still a small sample size.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Hong Kong
So how is it different to the original downpipes?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
So how is it different to the original downpipes?
The OEM stuff is generally restrictive, so these will give better flow to the exhaust output. I'd imagine they'd also improve the sound a bit too.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
Do you have any performance numbers for these?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Do you have any performance numbers for these?
Jun said they don't usually do dyno's just on downpipes by themselves since they make these to pair with a catback exhaust setup. They don't believe downpipes are meant to be used alone.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
That makes sense.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 TT
I was told by a customer service rep through Jun B.L that since I have an American Stinger that the downpipes alone will create a nice throaty addition to my already not too shabby sounding exhaust note. I still haven?t had them installed yet because I?m waiting for a couple other companies to release their custom Stinger exhaust kits first but I bought the downpipes because originally I was going to install just the downpipes and the K&N dual open box intakes. I?m not saying that this rep @ Jun is correct but he convinced me as I bought what he was selling me....Lol.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I was told by a customer service rep through Jun B.L that since I have an American Stinger that the downpipes alone will create a nice throaty addition to my already not too shabby sounding exhaust note. I still haven?t had them installed yet because I?m waiting for a couple other companies to release their custom Stinger exhaust kits first but I bought the downpipes because originally I was going to install just the downpipes and the K&N dual open box intakes. I?m not saying that this rep @ Jun is correct but he convinced me as I bought what he was selling me....Lol.
You mean a Jun B.L reseller? The company itself does not have any employees who speak English and direct inquiries are usually routed to us.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 TT
Yes. A re-seller for Jun. I?ve tried calling them in SK and I got nowhere. ?? If you?re a premier vendor, do you have a website you can direct me to? I?d appreciate it. I?m very intrigued about buying aftermarket parts for my GT2 Stinger and having the best set up. Thank you!! ????

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 TT
Do you guys do any work or reselling through eBay? I originally sought eBay for my Stinger downpipes and the gentleman who helped me on eBay knew ALOT about Jun BL and their products. Thank you.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Yes. A re-seller for Jun. I?ve tried calling them in SK and I got nowhere. ?? If you?re a premier vendor, do you have a website you can direct me to? I?d appreciate it. I?m very intrigued about buying aftermarket parts for my GT2 Stinger and having the best set up. Thank you!! ????
Yea, they don't speak English, so calling wouldn't help. They do route US inquiries to our Korean office, who forward customers to our US office. The website is www.importshark.com. We've got a bunch of Stinger parts so far with a good deal on the way. Is there anything in particular that you might be looking for now? I'm sure we can assist.

Do you guys do any work or reselling through eBay? I originally sought eBay for my Stinger downpipes and the gentleman who helped me on eBay knew ALOT about Jun BL and their products. Thank you.
Well yes all us vendors should know our products. I'm sure the guy on Ebay put a spin on it regarding the downpipes to get a sale though. I pretty much tell it how it is. Downpipes are the least restrictive part of the OEM exhaust setup, which makes them the least important part to change out. Jun's own techs and the company owner said the same thing. Personally, I'd have pointed you towards the catbacks first to see how you like that. Downpipes will add a bit more of a growl, but very little on the performance front. Together though, a catback/downpipe are the ideal setup.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 TT
Well I appreciate the honesty. I certainly didn?t hear that side of things from eBay. I?m definitely interested in getting a Jun BL race type exhaust system and possibly using the downpipes with that kit. I also want to lower my car and buy front and rear sway bars. That?s for starters but I?m big on modifying my car(s). Thank you for your help and the link to your website. Thank you! ????

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Well I appreciate the honesty. I certainly didn?t hear that side of things from eBay. I?m definitely interested in getting a Jun BL race type exhaust system and possibly using the downpipes with that kit. I also want to lower my car and buy front and rear sway bars. That?s for starters but I?m big on modifying my car(s). Thank you for your help and the link to your website. Thank you! ????
Oh no worries, feel free to inbox me directly if you'd like to chat about any parts for your ride. Either way, yes absolutely--go with Jun's catback to mate with their downpipes. Jun exhaust parts are incredibly high quality! There aren't any sway bars on the market yet, but I'm sure Eibach will release something over the next 6 months.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Downpipe + nice feel flowing exhaust would be a great first mod and maybe even the last one

This would kill the factory warrantee right?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Downpipe + nice feel flowing exhaust would be a great first mod and maybe even the last one

This would kill the factory warrantee right?
Not really since only the modified part would have the warranty voided--and that's only if your dealer are a bunch of sticklers (or jerks). In essence, if you swap out the exhaust and downpipe for aftermarket options, then technically the OEM exhaust and OEM downpipe warranty can be at risk. They couldn't deny you warranty service for something completely unrelated, such as an LED going out in your taillights, for example.

If you ever have an issue with the car, it's always advisable to just put the stock parts back on. Don't even give the dealer a chance to weasel out of doing warranty work.