Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Downpipe Thread

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I take it they didn't increase the sound very much.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was surprised and disappointed with how loud the change was. Tork's releasing a silenced midpipe soon, I understand. I will likely give it a try. My first time starting the car in the garage was a bit of a jolt. All that said, the wife's never said a word about it. I know it's there. It's changed the whole sound inside the cabin to something more raspy than I like.

Don't get me wrong, it's nothing like I expect a full exhaust to sound. But it's definitely more than many seem to admit.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Do you have stock exhaust for rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Exhaust is all stock except the SSR mids, yes.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
In the ear of the beholder:) increased it enough for me to line trunk, with a window down I can hear a difference for sure.

At the same time it is still quiet enough for wife not to complain:)

I lined mine, as well. Still hear it, though not as loudly, even with windows up.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I lined mine, as well. Still hear it, though not as loudly, even with windows up.
Would it not be cheaper to add resonators instead of buying new midpipes from tork?

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Would it not be cheaper to add resonators instead of buying new midpipes from tork?

Well, I have no idea. I know the OEM midpipes were fine, but constrictive. My plan is to go midpipe-back some day. But for now I was trying to get the midpipe taken care of. They wren't a perfect bolt-up and they've created a louder rasp I don't care for. There are sound comparisons with the MBRP exhaust between the SSR (or Ark?) midpipes and the new, silenced Tork midpipes and they sound great - albeit via recording. I'll wait for more reviews. But having a local shop hack into the SSRs that didn't impress me with their fitment to begin with doesn't make sense to me.

I'm changing nothing for now.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I just had the RPM Motorsports mid pipes installed, what a difference that made, very happy with them....(y)

Reactions
City
Richmond
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 stinger Gt
Just wondering has anyone thought about fabbing a 3in straight pipe if not a 2.5in pipe for the primary downpipe? I am looking for ideas before buying a lap3 catless primary downpipe. If fabbing a straight piped catless pipe in place of the primary downpipe is possible I wanted to look into that option possibly

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Reactions
City
Richmond
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 stinger Gt
Ngt is sold out and lap3 seems to be the only catless primary in stock but I will check out JT then!

Reactions
City
Richmond
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 stinger Gt
Oh I just need the primaries lol not mids. I have ark catless secondary and gt9 catback

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Oh I just need the primaries lol not mids. I have ark catless secondary and gt9 catback
Depends on what u want my customs shop quoted me $1300 for set of custom made stainless with 300cell German cats. Lowest u can go and pass emissions and no need for code suppressed. They build for $500000 cars and his woman has a stinger, they are in middle of doing full turbo back system