Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Federation Kia Stinger GT

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea

Federation Kia Stinger GT
Federation Kia Stinger - The Kia Stinger GT Federation features a bold orange paint job and body accent kits by Air Design USA. These kits bring along aggressive hood vents, a rear spoiler, and a rear diffuser. Twenty-inch TSW wrapped in Falken tires complete the look. Underneath the sheetmetal, there is a K&N cold-air intake and a quad-tipped Borla exhaust. Kia dropped the model?s ride height and put in thicker anti-roll bars and Eibach springs to enhance the driving experience. Plus, an additional 15 hp from the twin-turbo 3.3-liter V-6 doesn?t hurt either. Now, the model produces an estimated 380 ponies.

[video=youtube;lLR3lDtfp_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLR3lDtfp_g[/video]

• Bold orange paint job
  • Body accent kits by Air Design USA
  • Aggressive hood vents, a rear spoiler, and a rear diffuser
  • Twenty-inch TSW wrapped in Falken tires
  • K&N cold-air intake
  • Quad-tipped Borla exhaust
  • Thicker anti-roll bars and Eibach springs

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Very nice build, the changes are enough to set it apart but not over the top.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
I like the "body accents" but how are they attached? There is a silver circle hear the top of each piece by the wheel well that almost seems like a mounting point. I'd like to see some close ups

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I like the "body accents" but how are they attached? There is a silver circle hear the top of each piece by the wheel well that almost seems like a mounting point. I'd like to see some close ups
Good observation, I zoomed in on one of the photos and they are definitely mounting points.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
There's no way I'm drilling holes in my car lol.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Those are much better pictures. No way I'd get them with those mounting points either. Why not have them connect inside the wheel well at least?

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Those are much better pictures. No way I'd get them with those mounting points either. Why not have them connect inside the wheel well at least?
I agree or even putting the mount points underneath the bumper/rockers would be a better option than what they have now.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Judging by the shape, I'm GUESSING it is connected underneath in 2 or 3 spots. They did the top mounting point like that since the upright part is not flush against the body. Either the part is weak and would flap or break at highways speeds without that extra mount, or it's designed for those top speed runs!

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I noticed [MENTION=183]stingerhaus[/MENTION] is on the forum and they sell this product, maybe they can clarify on the mounting points. I'm on the same boat as you guys on no drilling into my car.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hi guys ? thanks for all the positive input on the Restyling Kit! No drilling into that gorgeous body, for sure! All of our restyling components install with OEM grade 3M tape, urethane gel adhesive, mechanical fasteners in some combination. If an existing factory hole is not available, a drilled hole may be required into a plastic panel underneath?never into sheet metal. The exposed fastener you see on the Winglets is Air Design?s patented ?Super Bolt? which places a special adhesive pad against the body...a little extra stability with an industrial performance look.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
What?s the cost on these and do they come painted?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Hi guys ? thanks for all the positive input on the Restyling Kit! No drilling into that gorgeous body, for sure! All of our restyling components install with OEM grade 3M tape, urethane gel adhesive, mechanical fasteners in some combination. If an existing factory hole is not available, a drilled hole may be required into a plastic panel underneath?never into sheet metal. The exposed fastener you see on the Winglets is Air Design?s patented ?Super Bolt? which places a special adhesive pad against the body...a little extra stability with an industrial performance look.
Glad there is no drilling into the bumper or side skirt. Will you be offering the kit with different colored hardware, like black? I'm not really going for the "industrial" performance look on my car. The silver circles just look out of place in my opinion.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thanks for the feedback, winningGT! We?ll be keeping it simple to start ? any color as long as it?s satin black or glossy black, superbolt hardware is bright SS. Hopefully you have some ?rattle can? black in the garage for creative bolt personalization...
Cheers!

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Glad to hear this.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
[MENTION=183]stingerhaus[/MENTION] can you share some pricing details about parts?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
[MENTION=183]stingerhaus[/MENTION] can you share some pricing details about parts?
Hi Dan,
Pricing is still being finalized, but this complete bundle of Stinger accessories will be available through Genuine Kia Dealerships in December (Air Design Restyling Kit, Eibach suspension kit, TSW 20" Sprint wheels and Falken 20" FK510 tires, Borla cat-back exhaust with CF tips, K&N cold-air intake).
Cheers!

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
It would be nice to hear what the Stinger sounds like with that Borla exhaust system.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT

[MENTION=183]stingerhaus[/MENTION] do you guys have any pricing info yet?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
[MENTION=183]stingerhaus[/MENTION] do you guys have any pricing info yet?
Hi Kale808 -- thanks for the follow-up! Getting closer on pricing and availability. Expecting the 8-piece Aerodynamics kit to come in around $1199 satin black and $1499 glossy piano black. Here are a couple of fresh shots from the Kia main stage at Los Angeles Auto Show yesterday...

Attachments