Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Best seat covers for pets

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Can anyone share some good rear seat covers that are ideal for traveling with dogs? I plan to get leather seats on the Kia Stinger and need something that can protect the seats from getting scratched.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
Can anyone share some good rear seat covers that are ideal for traveling with dogs? I plan to get leather seats on the Kia Stinger and need something that can protect the seats from getting scratched.
Half the reason I like the hatchback is so I don't need to worry about this! Fold the seats down, and let them find a spot to stand or lay down. (Would be better if the seats were fold-flat, but it's still workable even without.) That said, for sedan-mode pet transport, I know there's a ton of those taco-like seat protectors on the market, but I prefer the combination of seat covers with the rigid seat extensions, which give the dogs a firmer platform to stand on.

Example:
http://a.co/hLmLZ9F

OP
Kiagal
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. I never thought of adding the seat extensions but that's a great idea for some extra space. Is this the taco seat protectors you are referring to?

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
Is this the taco seat protectors you are referring to?
Yes, just like that; lots of them on the market, and easy to install and remove (in case you ever put humans in your backseat). I just don't like the gap between the front and back seats being unsupported, even though a properly adjusted 'taco' will essentially make it so the dog can't step that far forward (...and therefore unusable space).

OP
Kiagal
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Thread Starter #5
Yes, just like that; lots of them on the market, and easy to install and remove (in case you ever put humans in your backseat). I just don't like the gap between the front and back seats being unsupported, even though a properly adjusted 'taco' will essentially make it so the dog can't step that far forward (...and therefore unusable space).
Thanks, I have a similar cover right now that I use on my car. I like the idea of putting an extension to give it more support.

OP
Kiagal
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Thread Starter #7
Thanks VegasStinger