Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Which Kia Stinger trim will you purchase?

Which Kia Stinger trim will you purchase?

• Base

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Premium

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • GT

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • GT1

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • GT2 / Limited

Votes: 34 54.8%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Thanks for doing the math [MENTION=477]MarkyMark[/MENTION]
However I would like to say that real world driving mpg may differ. In my case, GT2 running 93 octane, I am averaging 25.3 MPG with mixed driving, 40% highway and 60% city.
Just this morning on my way to work I got 27.7 MPG no highway driving and an average speed of 45 mph and lots of traffic lights. Also in comfort mode.
Indeed, driving conditions, how you drive, mode, all play a big role in mileage. Anyone can do their math and figure out what may happen, but it's great to see a GT2 getting such great mileage!

By chance, is where you live relatively flat? I'm in the PacNW and it's constant mountains or hills, ups and downs with a ton of traffic lights everywhere... I never get close to rated mileage, ever. That said, if driving styles were steaks, I'm probably a medium-well, with the led foot!

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Cayman S
Wow Mark appreciate the time you took to help us, thank you sir! Seems cost savis are nothing for my budget so I will choose to go with the Best! GT baby! [rockon]

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Wow Mark appreciate the time you took to help us, thank you sir! Seems cost savis are nothing for my budget so I will choose to go with the Best! GT baby! [rockon]
Congrats! (sooner than later I'm assuming).

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
Wow [MENTION=477]MarkyMark[/MENTION] that's a great post.

Coming from a 2.0L owner, I would also suggest getting the 3.3L. With my heavy foot, I'm averaging around 19-20mpg.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Wow [MENTION=477]MarkyMark[/MENTION] that's a great post.

Coming from a 2.0L owner, I would also suggest getting the 3.3L. With my heavy foot, I'm averaging around 19-20mpg.
Nice input GDI Guy. This is where mileage testing can be deceiving. 2.0L Turbo engines are everywhere now-a-days, but step on them to any degree and they can be gas guzzlers in their own right. But when they test these, they are running up and into turbo mode as little as possible. So yah, I can see how the mileage with a decently heavy car and a 2.0L Turbo Stinger won't always get the best of mileage - or what you might expect.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Cayman S
Yeah that is true, I saw a Korean youtube video comparing the G70 2.0 turbo with the V6 and surprisingly the 2.0 Turbo gabe less MPG! They explained is because the smaller engine had to strain to keep up with the V6. So yes indeed will get the GT baby![biggrin]