Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Blacked out chrome trims on the Kia Stinger

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
I prefer this look over the chrome.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I personally don't like it but I am seriously considering painting the side view mirrors body color.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
You could do that with vinyl , easy to do , cheap , easy to remove !

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I?d probably go with the color match. Plastidip would be another option besides vinyl and reversible too.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
I'm going to test plasti dip on one wheel to see how it looks , I really dont like the 19" wheels , blacking them out might look better

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'm going to test plasti dip on one wheel to see how it looks , I really dont like the 19" wheels , blacking them out might look better
That should look pretty good.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
I'll post it to see what you guys think , easy to remove if I dont like it

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Are you going with the Gloss or Matte finish?
Good question , I dont know , matte always looks like dirty wheels to me and gloss can look "too bling" , I think I need to see the car ( Thunder Grey ) and make the call to see what looks best

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Good question , I dont know , matte always looks like dirty wheels to me and gloss can look "too bling" , I think I need to see the car ( Thunder Grey ) and make the call to see what looks best
I agree matte looks like its covered in dust.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
I saw the exact car I have on order today at my dealer . Thunder Grey with Black Nappa , looked way too dark for my liking so I re ordered it it White , so now I'll smoke the rear emblems , paint the roof black , not sure about the wheels now ??

Last edited:

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I saw the exac tcar I have on order today at my dealer . Thunder Grey with Black Nappa , looked way too dark for my liking so I re ordered it it White , so now I'll smoke the rear emblems , paint the roof black , not sure about the wheels now ??
You can vinyl the roof, I did it on my old car and was told it lasts for about 7 Years. I ended up selling the car after two years but it only cost me $300.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Yup , the downside of gloss black vinyl is it can scratch and shrink ................I think Plast dip could work as well with the glossifier finish .........

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Yup , the downside of gloss black vinyl is it can scratch and shrink ................I think Plast dip could work as well with the glossifier finish .........
Yeah you're probably right about the scratching and shrinkage considering you live in the colder climates.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Yeah you're probably right about the scratching and shrinkage considering you live in the colder climates.
Actually its heat that can cause the vinyl to shrink on larger surfaces like roofs , I've wrapped mirrors , emblems , skid pads etc and no problem but my neighbour did the roof of his Masserati and it is pulling away from the edges a bit ............. easy to replace though !

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Actually its heat that can cause the vinyl to shrink on larger surfaces like roofs , I've wrapped mirrors , emblems , skid pads etc and no problem but my neighbour did the roof of his Masserati and it is pulling away from the edges a bit ............. easy to replace though !
I wonder if film brand and quality can play a role in longevity. The guys that installed my wrap said that it has a UV coating that makes it last as long as 7 years in the Arizona heat.

What brand do you normally use or recommend that's more durable?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Ive only used 3M vinyl ...........................