Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who plans on adding paint protection film on their Kia Stinger?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
For those who plan on adding paint protection film on their Kia Stinger, are you guys doing full front end or partial?

My initial plan is to go with the full hood, full fenders, front bumper, door cups, side mirrors and even the top of the rear bumper. Is protecting the headlight worth it?

If it's done correctly you can't even tell there's any paint protection film on the car. This Stinger has the entire hood, bumper and fenders wrapped in film.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I've always done clear bra paint protection on mine and plan to do it on the Stinger as well. For headlights I think its worth it since it does protect against hazing.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I'll go with the front bumper, half hood, side mirrors, and the lower rear doors just in case the fender flares are excessive

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
The metallic paint on the Stinger looks like a paint to color match. I might just spring the extra dough and do the entire hood instead of just partial.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Are there certain brands that are better than others?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'm going to do a ceramic coating on the whole car instead.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I'm going to do a ceramic coating on the whole car instead.
Thats what I plan to do, but I will wrap the headlights only and put the OEM protection film in the door handle pockets.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Are you doing it yourself or having a professional?
The surface needs to be prepped perfectly before applying ceramic coating, its a long prep process plus it involves multiple ceramic coats too, better to have a professional do it. I am personally having Ceramic Pro do it.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
There are videos on youtube on how to do a ceramic coating yourself. It is cheaper but it doesn't last as long and it looks to be a HUGE pain in the ass to do it! It's not difficult, it's just labor intensive and like STINGER said, the surface has to be perfect or you're sealing in the imperfections. I'm sure prices vary but I spoke with a guy who got a new Camaro ZL-1 who had it done and he said it ran him $1200 to have it professionally done.

English D

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
Anyone got any quotes for the film protection ?

Reactions
City
Gahanna
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Corvette
I've been thinking of xPel or PPF Ultra as well. Then I saw the quotes and the engineer in me is thinking that in 3-4 years I could spend this or less and maybe just have the bumper repainted. Also, spending $1K + to protect a depreciating Kia just is a hard sell to me. I want it to look good, but I am happy with a car that looks great at 5 - 10 feet away and not too worried about nicks etc. too much.