Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Carbon fiber dash trims on the Kia Stinger GT?

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
A friend of mine sent me these photos and asked if I had planned on ordering the carbon fiber trimming. I didn't know they offered this, can anyone confirm if its an option? I prefer this look over the brush metal as I think its less prone to scratching.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Here in Canada we get carbon fiber on the Stinger GT and aluminum on the GT Limited.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Interesting, that looks like a base Stinger in the photo. Would be nice to see a carbon fiber option available on all trims here in the US.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
In S.Korea, there's a carbon fiber trim package for the exterior as well as the interior. The chrome trim around the grille is carbon fiber and I think the side view mirrors are carbon fiber as well instead of chrome. Faux carbon fiber that is. From what I understand, the interior carbon fiber bits are appliques or stickers maybe? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I would be upset if they gave us faux carbon fiber lol.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
It is most likely not real otherwise it will cost a lot.
I understand the cost factor, that's why it would be an option. Both MB and Audi charge $1k more for interior Carbon fiber, Kia could do the same for those who prefer the real thing.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
I'm sure all this stuff will hit the after market when the cars are well distributed , the German brands have several "tuner" companies that produce and sell body acessories and I'm sure the Stinger will get a few doing the same too

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006
There is a lot of dry CF look stickers available in korea for interior and exterior but cheap $15 sticker really doesn't belong on a car like stinger and shipping would cost more than sticker so it's not something I will offer.
This is what I wrote in the other thread:

Hard to tell from the picture for sure but to me it looks like fake carbon fiber imitation, either a high gloss vinyl wrap or hydro dipped, it doesn't appear to have that deep 3D effect like real carbon fiber.
If this was real cf it would cost a fortune and I'm sure it would be posted somewhere until now but I could be wrong. The other problem is car is RHD meaning even if this is stock it's not possible to get from Korea as they can not get rhd specific parts.

In case this is an option, stock parts from factory it will be available sooner or later but if they are meant for export models like for Australia and Canada only then it will not be possible to get them from Korea, only from official dealership in mentioned countries meaning price will be very high.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006
Not sure where somebody was asking about CF center console but I just found it and as I expected it's not real cf but just cheap glossy vinyl CF look stickers on top of stock black console.
Sorry to disappoint you guys but there is no real oem CF console available. Those someone said are offered by dealaership are most likely just stickers.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Reactions
City
Surrey
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 2019 Gt
I live in Canada and I have the carbon fibre package for the interior also. I thought it was cheap sticker so I took the door panel off and took the handle off as it was carbon fibre. My centre console looks like the one in the picture also, full carbon fibre. It is real carbon fibre. It’s not a sticker or over lay. I tired to upload a video and it is saying it’s too large for the video if anyone wants the video please msg me.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

Guzman

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I live in Canada and I have the carbon fibre package for the interior also. I thought it was cheap sticker so I took the door panel off and took the handle off as it was carbon fibre. My centre console looks like the one in the picture also, full carbon fibre. It is real carbon fibre. It’s not a sticker or over lay. I tired to upload a video and it is saying it’s too large for the video if anyone wants the video please msg me.
I also have Canadian Stinger GT with the carbon fiber trim. I thought it was fake. I would like to see the video you took. Thanks

Reactions
City
Surrey
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 2019 Gt
I also have Canadian Stinger GT with the carbon fiber trim. I thought it was fake. I would like to see the video you took. Thanks
Shoot me a msg on Instagram if you have that. My username is the same on here! I’ll send you the video as the file is too big to do it here!

Guzman

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Shoot me a msg on Instagram if you have that. My username is the same on here! I’ll send you the video as the file is too big to do it here!
Send you a message on Instagram. Thanks

silgar

Reactions
City
Orange
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger GT-Line
saw them appear on ebay the other day, sounds like kia didn't use actual carbon fiber but something like a carbon fiber wrap though from the factory but still did look pretty good