Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Tall Buyers beware - An FYI

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
07 Pilot, 99 Dakota R/T
If you are a taller person, 6ft plus, I recommend you get to a demo car as soon as possible. This past Sat the wife and I spent time, "trying on" cars.

The Stinger was first, and I have to say with as low as the car is and as far back and low that the seat has to be to comfortably fit to drive the Stinger was not easy to get into or out of at all. Additionally the rear drivers side passenger seat had very little leg room. The wife is 5'10" and she was comfortable sitting behind the driver in the Stinger. Headroom is also big concern. Even with the seat lowered there was very little distance from headliner, 1-2 fingers MAX.

To compare I setup a G80 Sport and the same challenges that the Stinger had the G80 Sport had.

The Optima by comparison had TONS more headroom for the driver and ample leg room for the rear driver's side passenger. This is the part that shocked me, the Stinger is supposed to be a roomy touring car, while the Optima had much more space. The Cadenza of course was like swimming in a pool there was so much room.

So definitely check out a demo unit, with working/powered systems, and check viability as well. The rear view mirror was very interesting, not in a good way, small rear window with little reference when used alone.

Again this is my feed back and my experience and just something that those of us taller than 6ft should be aware of, of course I am older as well ;).

You feed back is welcome as well as your "fit" story with the Stinger if you are over 6ft.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing, I'm 6' 1" and I really didn't have any issues climbing in and out. Head room wasn't much of an issue for me either, but I tend to sit with the seat reclined slightly passed 90 degrees. I do agree that passenger leg room was a bit tight and with the sloped roof there were a little bit of visibility issues.

OP
A
Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
07 Pilot, 99 Dakota R/T
Thread Starter #3
Vegas - That is my main problem as well, I have to have the seat at 85^-80^ to be comfortable. I will say that in my youth I was 6'7" so today about 6'5". I will be trying again just to be sure, can not give up so easily. :)

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
6' here and I didn't have any problems getting in and out of the demo car either. Wait until they get a few more Stingers on the lot and try one without the moonroof, normally cars without moonroof will give you another inch or two of head room.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'm 6'4" and 220 lbs. I sat in a preproduction Stinger during one of the auto shows. I only sat in the front drivers seat but I had a lot of head, leg and lateral room and had no issues getting in and out. I didn't sit in the back seat but when I looked, it appeared that an adult could sit behind me. I'm not sure about rear seat headroom though.

OP
A
Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
07 Pilot, 99 Dakota R/T
Thread Starter #6
I'm 6'4" and 220 lbs. I sat in a preproduction Stinger during one of the auto shows. I only sat in the front drivers seat but I had a lot of head, leg and lateral room and had no issues getting in and out. I didn't sit in the back seat but when I looked, it appeared that an adult could sit behind me. I'm not sure about rear seat headroom though.
Stinger1168 the room once I am in the car is fine for the driver, minus the headroom issue which I have in most cars. The rear passenger room was a real concern as my passengers are tall, i find it hard to think that the optima offers better rear seat room.

But to your point on the sunroof that has been one of my wish list items a Sunroof option delete.

I will certainly be checking again, if it just my old, out of shape arse having problems with getting in and out I can understand that, just did not seem that way to me. But hey I am holding out hope as this is a real champagne car on a beer budget. :D