Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Motortrend base Stinger full review

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Not too bad I guess. A whole two seconds off almost every performance aspect from the GT. Big gap but I think this will be adequate for buyers that aren't enthusiasts.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Interesting that the Non-GT and GT versions share nearly identical seats, with slightly different patterns without any extra side bolstering. You also get the black suede headliner on the GT. Steering wheel control, parking brakes are also manual on the Non-GT version.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
On the GT models the fronts get extra thigh support.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Not too bad I guess. A whole two seconds off almost every performance aspect from the GT. Big gap but I think this will be adequate for buyers that aren't enthusiasts.
I completely agree and I bet we'll be seeing a lot of the 2.0 being used by rental companies.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I completely agree and I bet we'll be seeing a lot of the 2.0 being used by rental companies.
My second job is actually at a rental company.. I'll keep you posted lol

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
My second job is actually at a rental company.. I'll keep you posted lol
That means we'll be expecting a lot of hooning videos from you in the near future lol.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Range Rover Evoque
I was actually considering the 4-cylinder Stinger, but I am disappointed with the 0-60 time. I thought I read that 0-60 should be 5.9 secs. Also, I don't like the T-shaped shifter and the fact that the seats do not have thigh extensions, even with the Premium trim. I guess I will be forced to get a GT trim with the much better performance and the options I would like to have in my next car.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Also, I don't like the T-shaped shifter and the fact that the seats do not have thigh extensions, even with the Premium trim.
The shifter on the base model looks like it just came from the Kia parts bin.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
That means we'll be expecting a lot of hooning videos from you in the near future lol.
There's a few straights so it will compliment the need and desire for it lol