Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Staggered setup and AWD

Rev_Night

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I am currently running a staggered setup on my 350z (265/285), but that car is RWD. I am planning on getting a Stinger GT AWD, and I find myself wondering if there is any benefit, or detriment of running a staggered setup. I am not planning on tracking or lowering my car, but I would like an aggressive look. I will be running 18" All-Seasons Continental DSW06

tl dr: Should AWD be square, staggered, or doesn't matter?

thanks all

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I am currently running a staggered setup on my 350z (265/285), but that car is RWD. I am planning on getting a Stinger GT AWD, and I find myself wondering if there is any benefit, or detriment of running a staggered setup. I am not planning on tracking or lowering my car, but I would like an aggressive look. I will be running 18" All-Seasons Continental DSW06

tl dr: Should AWD be square, staggered, or doesn't matter?

thanks all
You can run both ways as the Stinger comes standard with squared 18" or staggered 19".

OP
R

Rev_Night

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
What about staggered 18? What's the widest tires I could fit without rubbing?

sschmuve

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Usually with awd, you need to run them square. If you go wider in the back, more than likely you won't match the outer diameter of the rear and front tires. Even if you do, you can't rotate the tires. Rotations are necessary as front and rear don't wear equally, and awd transfer cases like to burn out if there is too much of a rpm differential between front and rear.
If the awd is anything like the sti/evo, you may find yourself purchasing a complete set of 4 tires if your tires are 60% tread, and one gets damaged. (The hidden ugly of awd).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rev_Night

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
I see. So not much performance difference, but huge in long term cost effectiveness. That's all I needed to hear!

Reactions
the stinger awd transfer case isnt the usual transfer case. it's absolutely nothing like the sti/evo and i say this as a previous sti owner.

the awd stinger comes standard with staggered summer tires. that should tell you all you need to know.