Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger GT AWD full review by Car and Driver

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Interesting, Im wondering if Kia can do some more minor tweaks to firm up the rear.
Unfortunately, when the asphalt writhes and your right foot goes down hard, the Stinger does sometimes float like a butterfly-and not in a good way. We experienced several unnerving sideways twitches while traversing nasty heaves in the middle of fast corners that convinced us that firmer rear damper tuning was needed. Despite the car?s adjustable shocks and multiple driving modes, we couldn?t find a setting that endowed the Stinger?s chassis with the poise and feedback that cements the driver/car connection. What?s more, the throttle was too jumpy in Sport mode for smooth midcorner power applications, the transmission was slow to respond to calls for downshifts from the steering-wheel paddles, and the engine sounds merely ordinary in its upper rev range.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Not a bad review. Still pretty good. It seems their main beef is with the rear suspension on mid corner bumps. I wonder if this is a pre-production car they tested? C&D may have tested this a while ago and just now released the test results because of a journalist embargo. I think that's the right term. 0-60 in 4.6 is pretty quick!

Also, I would think softening the rear suspension would be better for dealing with mid corner bumps than making it more firm. I would think making it more firm would make the rear hop around more.

Last edited: