Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Dealership Multi-point Inspection & Tire Pressure

ProsperDad

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Infiniti Q50
So had my GT2 AWD in at the dealership for a couple of warranty items (including brake vibration https://www.kiastinger.org/threads/2000-ATTENTION-Brake-rotors-and-warranty/page6)

While there, they do a standard multi-point inspection which includes checking and adjusting tire pressures.

I'm very picky when it comes to pressures, using my own gauge to ensure they are as accurate as possible. I even measure in kPa as it can be dialed in tighter (increments of 5 on a hundred point scale).

After getting my car back, on a highway drive a few days later, I felt the car was "floating" or "loose"; it just didn't feel as planted as normal. I toggle through the screens in the center cluster and see the following readings:

FR: 50.5
FL: 52.5
RR: 48.5
RL: 48.5

I was angry to say the least. When I got home, I let it sit in the garage overnight, then took "cold" readings with my gauge:

FR: 49
FL: 51
RR: 47
RL: 46.5

I've now adjusted them accurately back to where they should be.

What I haven't checked (but will today after reading more on the brake rotor thread" is the torque on the wheels after machining...I'll update later.

On the pressures...worth saying something to the dealership or not?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I would, that's way to much psi in your tires. Your not the only one they're making that mistake with.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
What are the recommended pressures in kPa?

What kind of tire pressure gauge do you use?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
What are the recommended pressures in kPa?

What kind of tire pressure gauge do you use?
The tire pressures are 250kpa or 36psi why the tires are cold. It tells you on the driver side door jam.

The spare tire is 450kpa or 60psi.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Not the first time I've seen this happen at dealers. It definitely is a safety hazard as our tires are rate for 50psi max(for GT models with 19 inch wheels).
Now that temperatures are warming up owners need to keep a closer look at the tire pressures and deflate if necessary.

OP
P
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Infiniti Q50
Thread Starter #6
260 front, 250 rear....on the door panel

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Everything I’ve been able to find on lug nut torque is 94 ft/lbs max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
That’s what I’ve torqued both my factory wheels and my aftermarket wheels and no issues. I have also found that the tpms in this car is pretty accurate under all tire temperatures. I’ve set my GT2AWD to 38 psi front/36 rear cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk